JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2056 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There are pretty advanced search options on google, it's just that very few people are aware of them, even less people use them.

With a quick google search about google search techniques this blog came up. 

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/google-advanced-search-tips

It's quite useful. Many times i use it to search images that are on our website, because all of the images have a "hidden" text description which is picked up by google search.

Yes.

This is very handy to use for sites that don’t offer a search option or their search method doesn’t produce the results you are looking for. This is a great method for doing a Google search while limiting the results to one website.

I use it a lot for certain forum searches when troubleshooting a technical issue. Some forums require that you be a registered user to browse or search. This can help get around that limitation, although it will only be in summary form on the search page. If I find that useful information is being provided on the topic I’m researching, I’ll register and go through it.

Thanks for bringing this up. 👍

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2018 at 1:35 AM, GeordieGirl said:

Has anyone used this?  Am I behind the times as usual?

Last night in our local needs the brother who gave it told us about using this format in Google to access information and images on on our website.  For example, if you want information about Saul, you type site:jw.org Saul and a whole list of different information comes up about Saul in all the many different scenarios in our publications so you can click on the information you want and it will take you to that precise info on JW.org or WOL. It includes links to the other Saul, who we know better as Paul, and also images. 

I personally think it could be quite useful and I know I will use it. 

Thanks for this. I never knew about this. I will try it out. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25