JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Transportation in New World

That is enough to cause a pilot to shudder.

From Forbes: 

"BlackFly Wants To Be The Flying Car You Can Finally Buy Next Year, And For Cheap"

Pipe dreams are fun, but there is no way this thing is going to fly in the USA. It cannot be flown as an ultralight.  Ultralights are allowed but one motor no way to meet the weight requirements 252 pounds. Engine off stall speed of a rock, blow a fuse or have a battery failure and that is all she wrote. 

Even it he new system I would not want to be in the middle of a swarm of these flies.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

While that aircraft is interesting, since it is one one passenger the skies might get a little crowded if that was how we all got around ... besides, I like traveling with others, not to mention, I do not like heights.

As to the horse and carriage .... I knew a CO years ago that would pose this thought ... "Do you know why so many think we will revert ot horse and carriage days?" ..... he would explain, "Because they are too lazy to want to walk everywhere."

He then would include, if we can make things with wheels, like carriages, we can make things even better :yes:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

For everyday transportation the old flint stone radials would do just fine ( healthy and unhurried). Then as a  minimally environmental impact luxury form of transport either ship or Durigable ( Blimps). For moving heavy loads and passengers a hydolic form of railroad may be beneficial ( don’t think rails so much as tubes). All of these until we achieve “ Transporter “ technology ( which I tend to think wont take long with all resurrected geniuses). 

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Years ago an Overseer said that we can walk to California. I wonder can we walk to Hawaii?

Who knows? Things change.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I started thinking about one of the fictional books about the new system that I have read. Started me to thinking. Air blimps. Also, well, ships. Don’t know about the environmental damage there. (Cruise ships have a bad rep) 

And, “Shanks Mare”. As I write that I don’t know where the saying came from, but I do know it means, “you are going to walk”.

And, my dream vehicle, “Surry with the fringe on top”. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

While that aircraft is interesting, since it is one one passenger the skies might get a little crowded if that was how we all got around ... besides, I like traveling with others, not to mention, I do not like heights.

Well, we will be able to improve it. Having perfect minds we can improve its range, passengers' capacity, make it absolutely silent, etc etc.. Of course if you insist on using horses and waggons I don't think you will receive a shepherding call by Abrahaam and Job in order to discipline you 😁

Anyway, in New World I'm dreaming that I'll cooperate with my brothers in new technology projects. 

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

Of course if you insist on using horses and waggons

?????   :shrugs:    ?????

Where or when did I say I insisted on horse and carriage .... I believe my post indicated that ones who insist on that mode may have to rethink it.

In another thread did I not mention that I would like to travel by steam locomotive?

I have nothing against moving forward .... having modes of transportation that exceed what we have now ... I, personally, just do not want to be "required" to do it in the air - I don't like heights

10 hours ago, ouzo said:

I watched that video about a new flying vehicle. I thought how much friendly in environment could be that. No need for asphalt, no highways, no bridges upon bridges, no traffic, no pollution

What an amazing way to get anywhere!!! ❤️  I'm ready for mine! :D 

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Years ago an Overseer said that we can walk to California. I wonder can we walk to Hawaii?

Walking cancels out anything over water.  On land, I suppose you can walk anywhere if you don't care how long it takes to get there, if you don't have to carry anything, you don't have little children, you don't mind climbing mountains, etc...

I'm not one of those who looks forward to non-motorized transport :) 

For those who think horse and buggy is a "simple, carefree" way to travel have never done. They may have had a ride in a carriage, but they have never had to train and care for the horse(s), the harness and bridles as well as the buggy itself. They are a lot of work - not to mention that, even when you are not using the them for transport - unlike a vehicle, the horse still has to be fed and cared for every day.

And, I am speaking from experience!

Here is the fun side of a carriage horse.
They poop.
Dog pooper scooper two piece set handles 1 to 12 ounces 1671550511_pooperscooper.png.2d697e2b43c27f3f70fe6da299d06f62.png
Horse pooper scooper two piece set handles 22 to 33 pounds, comes in two pcs. 1145247763_horsepoopscoop.png.874735ef1f9672e346bad181b65edc9a.pngwheelbarrle.png.41248b58b74a60c960be954e6d33e623.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Actually, horse poop is not really that good of a fertalizer - cow is far better and chicken is sometimes too "hot"

The problem is, if you are horse and buggy - they poop on the road while pulling the buggy - not only can it bounce up and hit you, if everyone is using h&b to get around, that is a lot of poop on the roads.

Now, while it is true you can put a diaper in the horse 

image.jpeg.86856e45423176d7389dfd289216dd21.jpeg

They are not that easy to use and are not always effective ... plus, it is one more piece of equipment to have to deal with and maintain. Not to mention it does nothing for when the horse pees - and horses can pee gallons!