JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special international convention 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2063 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

David Splane is in Paris, for the convention, we got the Bible in french, paper version... I can't wait for my convention in auguuuust

In French ?

really ?

we had our French assembly in Geneva last weekend and no bible in French !

I mean the "new one " ...

16 hours ago, Dages said:

David Splane was in Villepinte this morning. I've seen a picture of "La Bible", great

Exode 3:14 (nwt-French-2018) — Alors Dieu dit à Moïse : « “Je deviendrai ce que je décide de devenir”. » Et il ajouta : « Voici ce que tu diras aux Israélites : “‘Je deviendrai’ m’a envoyé vers vous.” »

<ვ <ვ <ვ 

My Wife and I and my Daughter and her Husband are here!  We were able to talk to Brother Lett for a few minutes yesterday. Service day was my personal highlight so far. I worked with a Brother that spoke no engligh and I speak no Georgian but we will be friends for life. He talked to a few people on the street and made a couple of his RVs. I could tell he was a VERY good teacher.  Had dinner last night with 22 people we just met. Unless you are part of Jehovah's family that would seem strange. I'll post some pictures later.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

On 7/20/2018 at 8:54 AM, Hannah said:

In French ?

really ?

we had our French assembly in Geneva last weekend and no bible in French !

I mean the "new one " ...

The new French Bible was only released very recently. It showed up on jw.org (French page only—at that time) Friday morning (July 20) at 11:20 AM (Eastern Time, US and Canada). So previous French conventions don't have the new Bible yet.

I know. It's so unjust, isn't it? Your convention was just too early.

Edited by Sheep

14 hours ago, Sheep said:

The new French Bible was only released very recently. It showed up on jw.org (French page only—at that time) Friday morning (July 20) at 11:20 AM (Eastern Time, US and Canada). So previous French conventions don't have the new Bible yet.

I know. It's so unjust, isn't it? Your convention was just too early.

Eh oui c'est la vie 😂 !!

No injustice there for me 🤗 I was just wondering if it was really out

now I am sure it was no "fake news" 

so happy for our brothers and sisters in Paris 

and happy for all of us French speaking countries 

Merci à tous pour tout ce magnifique travail 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, dozerman5676 said:

My Wife and I and my Daughter and her Husband are here!  We were able to talk to Brother Lett for a few minutes yesterday. Service day was my personal highlight so far. I worked with a Brother that spoke no engligh and I speak no Georgian but we will be friends for life. He talked to a few people on the street and made a couple of his RVs. I could tell he was a VERY good teacher.  Had dinner last night with 22 people we just met. Unless you are part of Jehovah's family that would seem strange. I'll post some pictures later.

I’m still waiting for the photos :) please share them with us :)