JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Drinking Radiator Water

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2107 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is the latest report, it clarifies that she used a 10" radiator hose to siphon water from a nearby stream.

It also shows pictures of the vehicle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woman-survives-week-after-plunge-off-california-cliff/ar-AAA9AxK?li=BBnbcA1

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Here is the latest report, it clarifies that she used a 10" radiator hose to siphon water from a nearby stream.

It also shows pictures of the vehicle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woman-survives-week-after-plunge-off-california-cliff/ar-AAA9AxK?li=BBnbcA1

That is what I read on the first day, she used the hose to access water from a spring. I also read the second day that she drank water out of a radiator hose. They should have reporters that have a basic knowledge of cars. If she drank from the radiator the fluid is called coolant, not water. Even if it was never drained and replaced, coolant still contain glycol or whatever they use in it's place. The rust inhibitors weaken and disperse but the coolant is still poison.

Here is where I give her a  little credit: how many young women would have the ability to access the radiator hose? Even recognize it as a hose? Did she cut out a section, unscew hose clamps? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

According to what was on the TV national news this evening, she managed to break out of her car (she evidently was initially trapped) and she "found" the hose ... and used it to reach the fresh water spring she found - she was stranded near salt water and needed the fresh water to stay alive

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My next door neighbor told me something about this an hour or so ago.  The couple that found this girl are best friends of our friends(and former service group Elder) daughters. ..Janice (neighbor) knows the couple...

If you get on YouTube and search 'woman survives 7 days', there are about a dozen videos that will tell you almost everything you want to know. ..

Apparently this couple saw the wrecked vehicle,  went down the cliff to get the license plate so they could report it to LEO, and then they decided to walk along the beach, instead of climbing back up the hill.

They found the girl about a mile from the vehicle.

My neighbor Janice said that the girl suffered a pretty bad concussion,  had a couple broken ribs and at least one broken collar bone. I would say that the girl is pretty tough, and more than a little lucky.