JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Reunions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1772 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Noah..how did you get the tar underneath the ark ?
and...what was the hygiene routine for dealing with all the body wastes from the large animals on lower deck ?

How did Noah get tar under the ark? Here’s a suggestion from the artists at the headquarters.

502019176_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

How did Noah get tar under the ark? Here’s a suggestion from the artists at the headquarters.

502019176_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

Interesting illustration, I assume the log bottom as shown was to illustrate that Noah was not a boat builder by trade. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

23 minutes ago, Old said:

Interesting illustration, I assume the log bottom as shown was to illustrate that Noah was not a boat builder by trade. :lol:

Nice clapboard siding...

I assume he put in a nice Oak floor over the logs...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It wouldn’t have mattered, though. God did not command Noah to build a boat - he commanded Noah to build an ark, and nobody had done that before. What you can say, though, is that after all those years building the ark he became an ark builder - by trade.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 7/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, Tortuga said:

What Resurrection Reunions would you like to see?

I'd like to be invited to Noah's Family Reunion and listen to his family recount their experiences helping Noah build the ark.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wouldn't you love to be there when Cain and Abel see each other for the first time after they are resurrected?
or..
David and Goliath? (will the resurrected Goliath be shorter?) 
David and Uriah? (I think that should be a private meeting)
Moses and Charlton Heston? 

Hannah & Pe·ninʹnah - did their relationship improve over time? How close or not so close will they be in the new world?
I often wonder how people like Pe·ninʹnah will feel in the new world finding out that their negative qualities were read/studied by millions of people for centuries.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 7/15/2018 at 5:00 PM, Tortuga said:

Moses and Charlton Heston? :lol:

Somehow that one made me chuckle a little. Why? I guess because I believe that Charlton Heston was the best to play Moses and will always be the best actor to do so in my opinion. 

Ruth and Naomi.

The other wife (forgot her name) and Naomi. 

The other wife (still forgot name, lol) and Ruth.

Solomon, BathSheba, David and Uriah.

Ruth and Naomi.

The other wife (forgot her name) and Naomi. 

The other wife (still forgot name, lol) and Ruth.

Solomon, BathSheba, David and Uriah.

What about the slave and the slave masters? 

The slave's children who were sold, and who never saw each other again. 

Those who died during the Holocaust. 

My family whom I never saw, and met. 

My friends, and past classmates who I never saw again.

Oh the list can go on and on. 

Edited by Luezette

On 7/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, Tortuga said:

What about famous historical people?

Abraham Lincoln and John Wilkes Booth..

OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson, Ron Goldman.  I would jot want to see any of this. Any thing to do with murder, I dont want to see. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

5 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson, Ron Goldman.  I would jot want to see any of this. Any thing to do with murder, I dont want to see. 

There will be millions of situations like this in the new system. Can you imagine being assigned to study with a murder victim and they need your help to meet and forgive their murderer?

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

There will be millions of situations like this in the new system. Can you imagine being assigned to study with a murder victim and they need your help to meet and forgive their murderer?

You can add more, like a rapist/torturer/murderer who killed his/her victim, then became a JW and survived A-day... At one point, he/she will meet his/her victim...

I wonder if those memories will be given back to victims and perpetrators!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I wonder if those memories will be given back to victims and perpetrators!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To degree I image they will. It wouldn't brig forth hate on the part of the faithful. The SS lived under the promise of a thousand year Reich. It may take a little persuasion that the ressurection is into Jehovah's system, not Hitlers' Reich.

This brings to mind of a photo in a NY newspaper, during the 1953 International Assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Two German Brothers that were working together in food prep, showing their Nazi era ID tattoos. The one on the left was tattood on the inside of his arm, a Waffen-SS number, the other brother displaying a tattood number on the top of his lower arm, an ID given by the Waffen-SS to prisoners in concentration camps. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Tortuga said:

Wouldn't you love to be there when Cain and Abel see each other for the first time after they are resurrected?

or..

David and Goliath? (will the resurrected Goliath be shorter?) 

David and Uriah? (I think that should be a private meeting) 

Moses and Charlton Heston? :lol:

Uriah was a good man, so I guess it would be OK for them to meet privately.

Moses and Charlton Heston? 😄

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Gary910 said:

I even think about meeting some of my family in the resurrection. My dad always gave me the, "I am older and wiser than you" speech. Of course, I will show him the respect that is due, but this "I am older and wiser" thing won't be, because if he was resurrected today, he is only a year older than I am now. So I suspect by the time he is resurrected I will be "older and wiser".

I was 12 when my maternal grandmother died, I will probably be older than her as well when she is resurrected. How strange it will be to be older than our parents or grandparents.

I wonder if our relationships will be more like a brother or sister than parent/child.

Older in years only. Your face and body won't be a good indication of your years of life. 

I have done quite a bit of genealogy and I have thought of meeting my ancestors.

I have lived in Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina. I have thought a lot about after a few years of resurrection that there would be Native Americans resurrected in our area. When I mentioned this to my wife she was concerned because, as she said, they scalped people. I informed her that the first scalpings were when the English invaders started scalping the Native Americans. The Native Americans merely retaliated in kind.

I don't have any plans at present to travel to the Middle East to meet any Bible characters. Maybe in the far future I might meet most of those people face-to-face.