JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the economy like where you live?

I live in South Korea.

If you go to a company in Korea and if things turn out well for you,

you'll approximately earn (your age) x 1000 dollars / per year.

So if you are 30, you'll earn about 30,000 dollars per year, or at least that's the limit people are trying to get.

Of course, there are many non-witnesses who go to top companies and earn much, much more.. 

Especially those experts, dealing with teeth, laws, medicine, engineering and so on, so on, earn a lot more. 

But even those top earning people have to work really hard and having good relationships with their peers or seniors(?)

is a perfect source of stress and anxieties. In general, Koreans work so hard. Things are getting a lot better, though..

Thankfully, thanks to J's guidance, many young brothers and sisters in Korea have been wisely shunning situations where

they could be stuck in such a rat race and instead, they have moved to places where the need is greater.

Or at least they choose jobs that allow for more free time in exchange of less money. But at least they can stay focused on what they have to do.

Careers brothers around me have chosen are :

Teaching English, Locksmith, car washing, sales, cleaning.

And yet somehow it always seems like some brothers seem to be making a lot more money. I don't know what they do, but they are still pioneers!!

I guess some people are just born with money cells.. They can smell money a lot better than most. (This is how we put it)

But even if they make lots of money, not one of them has succeeded in completely avoiding any pain caused by money-related problems.

No one can slave for two masters.. This is so true. 

I live on n Las Vegas, Nevada USA and your age X $10k formula is pretty accurate here as well.

We also have jobs related to hotels: maintenance, restaurant workers, valet, etc. They don't pay well, but with the tips one can make pretty good money. We also have a lot of construction work going on as well. I am a building inspector and that pays well too, but it took  a lot of construction experience first.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Really slow rn. Finding any job is a struggle. I think where I live has always been a poorer part of the country tho

Our economy depends way too much on oil. But if I can earn enough to get a car, new Orleans is starting to build up a tech industry enough to be called "silicon valley South"

Edited by Katty

$50.000 -$70.000 a year

Small business, window cleaning, office cleaning , gardening well managed can do $80.000

A brother in my congregation has gardening business .. he earns well above $100.000

As far I can see it , the economy is strong.

Real Estate no experiance  $70000-$120.000 https://au.indeed.com/No-Experience-$80,000-jobs?vjk=729cd600de847ee2

Last days anyway... soon no money trap!

Matt 6:33. :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

$50.000 -$70.000 a year

Small business, window cleaning, office cleaning , gardening well managed can do $80.000

A brother in my congregation has gardening business .. he earns well above $100.000

As far I can see it , the economy is strong.

Real Estate no experiance  $70000-$120.000 https://au.indeed.com/No-Experience-$80,000-jobs?vjk=729cd600de847ee2

Last days anyway... soon no money trap!

Matt 6:33. :)

Not bad! I've always thought that Australian economy isn't too bad.. it's actually quite good considering that we are deep in the last days..

The Australian economy is quite fragile underneath, just as all are in this system.  We get buffeted by the Asian markets, dominated by China - since we are heavily reliant on trade with them.  China sneezes, we catch the cold.  And then we are also strongly influenced by  US markets.  Europe less so.  Australia missed the worst of the GFC back in 2008 because of her mining industry, and savings by the government during the good years.  But since then, personal debt - credit cards and home loans -  and rampant government spending, are higher than they safely should be.  It will really hurt when the next economic disturbance lurches the world as there is no "fat" left in the economy.

Redundancies from well-paid jobs is a common thing now.  Unlike our brothers, who have a simpler, more flexible approach, worldly people with good job credentials who are unemployed find it harder than ever to find work again.

3 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The Australian economy is quite fragile underneath, just as all are in this system.  We get buffeted by the Asian markets, dominated by China - since we are heavily reliant on trade with them.  China sneezes, we catch the cold.  And then we are also strongly influenced by  US markets.  Europe less so.  Australia missed the worst of the GFC back in 2008 because of her mining industry, and savings by the government during the good years.  But since then, personal debt - credit cards and home loans -  and rampant government spending, are higher than they safely should be.  It will really hurt when the next economic disturbance lurches the world as there is no "fat" left in the economy.

Redundancies from well-paid jobs is a common thing now.  Unlike our brothers, who have a simpler, more flexible approach, worldly people with good job credentials who are unemployed find it harder than ever to find work again.

To add to it .... houses are extremely expensive in major cities ... rent.. mortgage..etc. 

A lot of income goes into housing. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

32 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

To add to it .... houses are extremely expensive in major cities ... rent.. mortgage..etc. 

A lot of income goes into housing. 

Yeah... so I heard. Actually, I have lived in Australia once. For about a year. I liked it that almost every house had a garden.

People in Korea would love to have a garden, while if they do, they will soon try to get out because maintenance is a lot of work. 

Here, apartments are desired, usually.  

27 minutes ago, NobleEndeavours said:

Yeah... so I heard. Actually, I have lived in Australia once. For about a year. I liked it that almost every house had a garden.

People in Korea would love to have a garden, while if they do, they will soon try to get out because maintenance is a lot of work. 

Here, apartments are desired, usually.  

I love my garden ... we often organise BBQ’s with brothers and sisters from our congregation 

Done a huge make over of my garden last year. 

11 hours ago, Abbyz said:

Are you sure you want to know about the economy in an African country?

Hi, Abdon. Yes, if you want! 

I posted this one not to compare, but to encourage one another. 

We all live in the same Satanic world, so no matter what circumstances we are in, we all need encouragement~! 

Any economic situation in this world is only momentary. 

13 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

Hi, Abdon. Yes, if you want! 

I posted this one not to compare, but to encourage one another. 

We all live in the same Satanic world, so no matter what circumstances we are in, we all need encouragement~! 

Any economic situation in this world is only momentary. 

Ok, here the situation is very bad. But one thing is for sure. WE HAVE FOOD, COVERING  AND SHELTER IN MOST CASES. 

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

3 hours ago, Abbyz said:

But one thing is for sure. WE HAVE FOOD, COVERING  AND SHELTER IN MOST CASES. 

In relation to our physical needs - food, clothing and shelter - these are the three things that Jehovah God has promised us and purposed for mankind from the beginning.  Everything else is secondary.  (That said, I have learned to live with the barest of needs).