JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It is Not Impossible That it Could Happen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2098 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Today Presidents Trump and Putin meet for summit, and the New York Times tells of an exiled Jehovah's Witness who proposes Trump ask Putin a simple question: "Why are Russians who pay their taxes, follow the law and embrace the Christian values promoted by the Kremlin being forced to flee their country?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/world/europe/putin-trump-russia-jehovahs-witness.html

A simple [and single] question. To propose that Trump do this is exactly the non-confrontational style of Jehovah's Witnesses, and is proof in itself that they are not extremist. Moreover, because the goal is so modest, it is not impossible that it could happen. Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia is not everywhere, but where it is, it is draconian, with police dressed in riot gear breaking down doors to arrest them.

Meanwhile (and irrelevant), I did a google search of "New York Times Jehovah's Witnesses." The second hit is an article from 1958, telling of (I think) the largest Christian assembly in history.

Remember, Google is personalized. Your results may vary.

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2018/07/ill-take-it-fake-news-or-not.html

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

Nicely written, positive article in The NY Times. Thanks for posting it!

I really like the part about blood transfusions and the experience of the 12-year-old daughter. Great story with no obvious bias.

Edited by digital_dreamer

Added details.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

With each passing day I'm convinced Mr. Trump will be the Armageddon President.

Since this is the public area of JWT , I should explain that no criticism of Mr. Trump is intended.

1Thessalonians 5:3 awaits fulfillment.  The 'scene of this world is changing'. Everything is on schedule.

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

Since this is the public area of JWT , I should explain that no criticism of Mr. Trump is intended.

1Thessalonians 5:3 awaits fulfillment.  The 'scene of this world is changing'. Everything is on schedule.

:( Why didn't I get a copy of the schedule? :perplexed:

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

33 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe. But Oscar Oxgoad’s ancient Dad, from ‘Tom Irregardless and Me,’ stares at the TV screen and has muttered it about every president since Truman.

”He’s the one!”

Edited by TrueTomHarley

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

7 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Maybe. But Oscar Oxgoad’s ancient Dad, from ‘Tom Irregardless and Me,’ stares at the TV screen and has muttered it about every president since Truman.

”He’s the one!”

Why do all of your comments sound like advertisements for your book? :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

The events between Peace and Security to Judgement Day might last 5-10 years. We have to see who will be are last president.

50 minutes ago, vern said:

hope it is soon.

gonna be homeless.

I've said the same thing myself

Or...if this system we're to last long enough...have to work til I drop dead

Edited by Katty

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

The events between Peace and Security to Judgement Day might last 5-10 years. We have to see who will be are last president.

They also might last 5-10 months... :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

23 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Or... It could be tomorrow... just STAY AWAKE and build courage and faith...

The Bee

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Why do all of your comments sound like advertisements for your book? :lol1:

Funny how that is.

But at least I don't invest in that technology that inserts itself before whatever you want to see so as to hawk my stuff.....yet

10 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

How does one go about joining your site?

Just visit

www.tomsheepandgoats.com

But I am NOT trying to take from this forum. I really am not. The moderators do a great job here. They screen bad stuff better than I do. While i hope brothers who visit enjoy the site, it is not especially for them. It is for ones we do not always effectively reach in the ministry, among other things. And many posts have nothing whatsoever to do with religion. It is just me journaling.

And, for @Tortuga, the technology I am looking at drags behind a guy on a Segway vehicle ads that will block your view to what you would like to see. AI figures out what you want to look at, and makes sure you can't do it.

The Segway picture was taken in San Diego, by the tour guide. Neither my wife nor I had ever ridden one before. we were allowed 15 minutes of practice, then off we went. (there were a lot of homeless people there, far more than in colder upstate NY

Edited by TrueTomHarley

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Interesting, I would like to know your reasoning. Is there a thread on this site discussing this?

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Just visit

Thank you. ..

I did visit the other night and read a couple of your, um, blogs?...is that what they are?...not so familiar with the digital lexicon...

I enjoyed them. I understood who you were writing to and why, I appreciate your taking it to them instead of just being blasé.  I like your 'journaling'...

11 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I certainly hope it’s not that long. The scriptures notes “sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,” the “swift pitch” destruction of Babylon the Great, and the short “one hour” reign of the eighth world power. But, then there’s that unknown interval between the destruction of false religion and Armageddon.

Of course it’s all relative. Note how long the Jews had to wait after the encamped armies before Jerusalem was actually destroyed. Four years! That was a test of their faith in the prophetic word.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

16 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I hope you wright, but I don't see it that way. In the 1st century GT lasted for 4 years and I see that the friends don't know it. Many friends view the events what I mentioned is going to happen very fast, but it is not going to happen.

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

but it is not going to happen.

Looks like you have a definite answer 

I try not to flaunt dogmatic or definite statements unless have strong proof or scriptural source from the Bible or Printed spiritual food. 

But I do understand that you just share your personal opinion on the matter. 

I do not know the answer as the scriptures are silent on the matter. (We just can’t work it out.. only guess remains) 

I hope for the events to move fast and dust to settle quick LOL 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

hope for the events to move fast and dust to settle quick LOL 

Amen to this!!! I, too, love to focus on "sudden destruction" "swift pitch" and "instantly" instead of thinking that this thing will drag on and on. 

The Jews got to run away to another location, and yes they suffered hardships, but they were away from the area. We will be surviving in the midst of everything as long as we follow the instructions we are given.

Being much further away from perfection than the Jews were, we are in much worse condition. There are SO many health problems, people on meds, running to doctors all the time. How would there even be a great crowd if this thing lingered on? 

Why would there be a need for it to drag on? Jehovah can do as he pleases, and if he wants the nations to very efficiently destroy BTG, as in way faster than what they could accomplish on their own, he can do it. This is the same God who split the Red Sea. 

I can't, at this point, think of it any other way. I picture Jehovah, who has been waiting patiently for thousands of years, just unleashing all of the anger that he must feel having his name dragged through the mud for so long. I picture it like a rubber band being pulled back; the Angels letting loose when they are given the command and this whole system flying to shreds. Rapidly. 

These are just my thoughts. No one else has to agree. We will see soon enough. 😊