JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It is Not Impossible That it Could Happen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2076 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

22 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Looks like you have a definite answer 

I try not to flaunt dogmatic or definite statements unless have strong proof or scriptural source from the Bible or Printed spiritual food. 

But I do understand that you just share your personal opinion on the matter. 

I do not know the answer as the scriptures are silent on the matter. (We just can’t work it out.. only guess remains) 

I hope for the events to move fast and dust to settle quick LOL 

I wish I have a definite answer. I been in the truth for many years. I was told Bush Jr. until know, that they will be the last president. Let us take Peace and Security. I believe it will be more than one event that will led it and that could take a couple of years. In  September, the UN will make changes and it might speed up the event. Serve Jehovah to the end.

"How will God’s people fare at that time? Jesus explains: “In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” (Matt. 24:22) As we considered, in 66 C.E. the tribulation was “cut short.” This allowed “the chosen ones,” anointed Christians, to flee the city and its environs. Likewise, the initial part of the future great tribulation will be “cut short” because of “the chosen ones.” The political “ten horns” will not be allowed to annihilate God’s people. Rather, there will be a brief respite." w7/15 p.16 par. 6

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

"Cut short" would be another phrase that I like a lot. How could I forget that one? 😁

Reminds me of another one, 'cut off at the knees'...this usually applies to verbal discipline administered to unruly or insubordinate people. ...

17 hours ago, minister159 said:

"How will God’s people fare at that time? Jesus explains: “In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” (Matt. 24:22) As we considered, in 66 C.E. the tribulation was “cut short.” This allowed “the chosen ones,” anointed Christians, to flee the city and its environs. Likewise, the initial part of the future great tribulation will be “cut short” because of “the chosen ones.” The political “ten horns” will not be allowed to annihilate God’s people. Rather, there will be a brief respite." w7/15 p.16 par. 6

Just reminder, those days was cut short in the first century, yet the GT last for 4 years. Jehovah will have everything contol in the future.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, Doug said:

With each passing day I'm convinced Mr. Trump will be the Armageddon President.

No criticism intended, but I have heard the friends make the same comment about each president since President Bush #1 when Deserts Storm and Shield were happening, the scandals with President Clinton,  President Bush #2 during  the terrorist attacks of September 11, President Obama with his obvious biased in favor of the Muslim religion and the denigration of a large part of the United States as "bitter clingers".

Well maybe it comes from reading the King James Bible

1 cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: 

The last bush doesn’t fit so well...

Just a thought 😇😎

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Well maybe it comes from reading the King James Bible

1 cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: 

The last bush doesn’t fit so well...

Just a thought 😇😎

However, God spoke thru a burning bush... 😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just came from the C-L& M meeting, particularly thinking about Brother Jackson's talk on neutrality.  These are scary times, but he spoke of not being able to buy or sell without having the mark on the forehead and hand.  Although all I know about are the horrible experiences of our brothers in other countries, I can't help but think of how to maintain the form of worship that is clean and undefiled from Jehovah's standpoint - to keep oneself without spot from the world.  I don't want to badmouth (or goodmouth) Trump and lose my escape out of the great tribulation.

Brother Jackson is in my generation, and I, like he, can remember the pressures that were brought on the brothers by the Vietnam war.

Edited by rbrown1205