JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is the Shroud of Turin the Burial Cloth of Jesus?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2070 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Do Bible accounts support the idea that the Shroud of Turin is genuine? No.

Consider three aspects of the shroud that differ from what the Bible says.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This was a really good article. It shows the error in people’s belief that this was the burial cloth of Jesus and why we shouldn’t venerate it even if it was.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Well it seems that in order to believe the SOT is authentic is to discount the Authenticity of the Gospel accounts. 

If you were a devout Catholic and your church confirmed the authenticity, would you have any reason to doubt it?  This is one way our web site allows sincere people to experience a larger world in science and Biblical truths.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, Katty said:

I liked that one. It was just some guy in the late middle ages. 

In the Resurrection he'll probably be like "people thought I was Jesus? "

I wonder if was really even the image of a dead man? How was it made?

Just wondering. :coffee: was it specifically made to defraud or was it actually the shroud of a deceased person, now being used to defraud?.

correct me if I’m wrong but the image as it is  on the shroud that way would not happen naturally so must have been made that way somehow. :confused:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

11 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I wonder if was really even the image of a dead man? How was it made?

Just wondering. :coffee: was it specifically made to defraud or was it actually the shroud of a deceased person, now being used to defraud?.

correct me if I’m wrong but the image as it is  on the shroud that way would not happen naturally so must have been made that way somehow. :confused:

It is possible that the shroud was a burial shroud of one of the first or second century congregation which was merely “ Thought” to be the burial shroud of Jesus. 

58 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

It is possible that the shroud was a burial shroud of one of the first or second century congregation which was merely “ Thought” to be the burial shroud of Jesus. 

Apparently it's from the Middle Ages, long after Jesus'time.