JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Firefly...

I just bought the entire Firefly season (in the right order) for $9.99 on Amazon Prime Video. I can watch it on any device at any time, so I'm in the middle of a Firefly marathon.

Shiny!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

What is firefly exactly?

A space western set 500 years in the future. The series was cancelled in it's first season in 2002 but there are die hard fans 16 years later.

I think it was a great show but not every ones cup of tea...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

46 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I just bought the entire Firefly season (in the right order) for $9.99 on Amazon Prime Video. I can watch it on any device at any time, so I'm in the middle of a Firefly marathon.

Shiny!

I was happy to find out that my TV had an Amazon app that would play any video that I purchase or rent from Amazon Prime Video. So I get to watch this on my big screen too. 

30 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A space western set 500 years in the future. The series was cancelled in it's first season in 2002 but there are die hard fans 16 years later.

I think it was a great show but not every ones cup of tea...

Yes, definitely that^^^

It was wonderful!  I never heard of it 'til the "Serenity" movie came out.  We actually watched it twice at the theatre for full price, we liked it so well.  After finding and watching the series on Netflix, I was SO sorry there wasn't another season!  It was really good... such positive, realistic depictions of the various relationships on the ship.  Excellent adventures. 

Very shiny!  ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Hope said:

Yes, definitely that^^^

It was wonderful!  I never heard of it 'til the "Serenity" movie came out.  We actually watched it twice at the theatre for full price, we liked it so well.  After finding and watching the series on Netflix, I was SO sorry there wasn't another season!  It was really good... such positive, realistic depictions of the various relationships on the ship.  Excellent adventures. 

Very shiny!  ❤️ 

The studio really messed up when they originally broadcast it in the wrong order. It's better if you see the original pilot first.

Thanks everyone. Episode 1 done. It's looking like fun. I liked Nathan as an actor in Castle as well.
I'll have to finish them in 2 more weeks before I leave my daughters free data... I don't have internet at home...
Oh well..

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Shiny!

Awesome! Love Firefly!

Still need to watch serenity.

Edited by Katty

18 minutes ago, Katty said:

Awesome! Love Firefly!

Still need to watch serenity.

Serenity answers a lot of questions...

• 2 weeks later...

My firefly marathon is over. 14 episodes followed by serenity...
My son-in-law has Amazon and hulu so I was able to watch them in HD.
Any other suggestions before I leave the free movie-fest and return to being data starved... I was thinking some new Lost In Space. Has anyone seen any West world? I remember the original with Yul Brynner, but I've heard mixed reports.. TIA
PS my son-in-law speaks Chinese.
Free translation... 76ccef30138c11cf82d371e943d0455d.jpg

Older

52 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

It's not what I remember from the original... oh well, I'll keep looking

It's 2 days before I leave the US...

Older

No,, it's a reinterpretation.  2 season series based on a 2 hour movie. 

Well, 2 movies counting Futureworld 

9 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

It's not what I remember from the original... oh well, I'll keep looking

It's 2 days before I leave the US...

Older

Are you flying?

I like Emirates ..their ICE system is unbeatable .... currently 900 movies plus hundreds more of other stuff...screens are crispy and big...

Qantas is not bad too.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yes flying out tomorrow. Not a day too soon. Hurricane Hector heading toward big Island Wednesday. Cat 4. Yuk.
Had enough Cat 4 with TC Debbie that smashed us last year.
Coincidentally, my daughter was over visiting us last year when TC Debbie hit. 10 days no power. 7 days no water. Roads cut. Airport closed.
Now we are visiting them in Hawaii and Hector appears...
Hmmmmm....... payback? ba32dc3444497e81f796099cd3758ebe.jpg

Older

2 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Yes flying out tomorrow. Not a day too soon. Hurricane Hector heading toward big Island Wednesday. Cat 4. Yuk.

You watched the whole season of Firefly while on vacation in Hawaii? :eek:

Which side of the island are you on?