JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2061 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello friends.. One of our sisters was asking about a video talk on the broadcast site. She thinks its titled : "Do not become the thing you hate." I could not find it in the Morning worship section. So i think it may be in a gilead graduation or something. Can anyone help me find it? She thinks it may be Mark Noumair that gave the talk, but not sure.

21 hours ago, darealpipe said:

Hello friends.. One of our sisters was asking about a video talk on the broadcast site. She thinks its titled : "Do not become the thing you hate." I could not find it in the Morning worship section. So i think it may be in a gilead graduation or something. Can anyone help me find it? She thinks it may be Mark Noumair that gave the talk, but not sure.

I converted all of the Morning Worship, Gilead and Annual Meeting talks to MP3 and titled each of them, I can't find anything by that title...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 7/28/2018 at 1:33 PM, darealpipe said:

Do not become the thing you hate."

This sounds familiar but I too cannot remember where it was broadcast.  Hope someone can locate it.

1 hour ago, kevinfife said:

It was a Gilead talk given by Mark Noumair

Do you remember the title?

I separated all of the Gilead talks and titled them but I dont remember one about hate..

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/36584-morning-worship-mp3/?do=findComment&comment=571554

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Ok i googled "dont become the thing you hate Mark Noumair" and found this.  I have no idea of who owns or wrote these notes.

Anyhow, perhaps my sleuthing has revealed the name of the talk.   (i thinking it must have been available on the Broadcast  at some point).  Dont fee is it so crazy now😜

DC8C9A79-9858-43A4-9ABF-518957804A2A.png

Thanks, That's from  the w12 8/1 p. 30 Champions of the Truth . So its prior to any posted talks or videos.

“Trained for the Work Ahead,” based on 1 Peter 5:10, was the theme chosen by Mark Noumair, another Gilead instructor. 

Edited by Tortuga

Brother Tortuga, i did see that reference in the online library,the only thing is it did not have the reference to  "dont become"  that is included in the afore-referenced notes.  

Alas the mystery deepens.😖

11 minutes ago, booboo said:

Brother Tortuga, i did see that reference in the online library,the only thing is it did not have the reference to  "dont become"  that is included in the afore-referenced notes.  

Alas the mystery deepens.😖

Part of the notes you posted are in the WT 8/1/12 article about the 132 Gilead graduation in March 2012.

However it looks like the notes include the 130th class notes too. I just found this.

*** w11 8/1 pp. 29-30 A Day of High Hopes and Happy Expectations ***
“Will You Make the Old New?” Gilead instructor Mark Noumair posed that question in his talk. He discussed 1 John 2:7, 8, wherein the apostle John mentioned “an old commandment” that was also “a new commandment.” Both referred to the same commandment—that Christ’s followers love one another unselfishly, with a self-sacrificing spirit. (John 13:34, 35) The command was old in that it had been laid upon Jesus’ followers decades earlier by Christ himself; it was also new, though, in that Christians were facing new challenges and needed to show love in new and fuller ways. Missionaries too face a new set of circumstances and need to learn to show love in new ways. What is the key to doing so?
“Don’t become the thing you hate,” exhorted Brother Noumair. He warned that if we see behavior we hate yet respond in kind, we become what we hate, which is a self-destructive course. On the other hand, if we respond to such challenges by finding new ways to show love, we shine “the true light” and dispel spiritual darkness.

Edited by Tortuga

31 minutes ago, booboo said:

I have no idea of who owns or wrote these notes.

I found the site you quoted and it looks like someone collected parts of articles about Mark Noumair. How odd...

1 minute ago, booboo said:

Whoo how you get the golden star prize!  Thank you. Mystery solved.  But yet the mystery remains is where was the video of him presenting the talk.hmmmmmm

Yes, curiouser and curiouser. It appears that talk was given at the 130th Gilead class in March 2011. JWB videos dont go that far back...

25 minutes ago, booboo said:

But yet the mystery remains is where was the video of him presenting the talk.hmmmmmm

There is another possibility..

The article mentions that Bro Rains gave a talk that day titled "Will this be a good day". Brother Rains was at our AH a couple of years ago and gave that same talk at an SKE graduation. So it's possible that Bro Noumair gave his talk "Will You Make the Old New" again and someone recorded it.

*** w11 8/1 p. 29 A Day of High Hopes and Happy Expectations ***
Three More Highlights of the Day
“Will This Be a Good Day?” Robert Rains of the United States Branch Committee addressed that timely question. He encouraged the students to make sure that each day in their missionary assignment is a good day by using their time wisely, by looking to God’s Word when facing anxieties, and by relying on Jehovah through prayer.
“Will You Make the Old New?” Gilead instructor Mark Noumair posed that question in his talk. 

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/21519-school-for-kingdom-evangelizers/?do=findComment&comment=401453

Edited by Tortuga

130 Gilead Graduation

w 11 8/1 

Will You Make the Old New?” Gilead instructor Mark Noumair posed that question in his talk. He discussed 1 John 2:7, 8, wherein the apostle John mentioned “an old commandment” that was also “a new commandment.” Both referred to the same commandment—that Christ’s followers love one another unselfishly, with a self-sacrificing spirit. (John 13:34, 35) The command was old in that it had been laid upon Jesus’ followers decades earlier by Christ himself; it was also new, though, in that Christians were facing new challenges and needed to show love in new and fuller ways. Missionaries too face a new set of circumstances and need to learn to show love in new ways. What is the key to doing so?

Don’t become the thing you hate,” exhorted Brother Noumair. He warned that if we see behavior we hate yet respond in kind, we become what we hate, which is a self-destructive course. On the other hand, if we respond to such challenges by finding new ways to show love, we shine “the true light” and dispel spiritual darkness.

I got you tell you folks,   You guys are awesome!!.  I don't know why my own search did not turn up this result,  but I am extremely glad you found it.  I wonder if our sister that was looking for this, found the same article. And I wonder if they reprise (reprose, reprasied don't know the proper tense) the same theme later in other graduations.  That might be why she thought it was on a more recent graduation.  In any case Thank you  Thank you Thank you all for your research.