JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Personality Types - what type are you?

On 7/31/2018 at 7:34 PM, Tortuga said:

So if you meet someone for the first time and you already know their personality type, you don't think you would treat them differently than you would have if you didn't know their personality type?

Why would I treat them different. That strikes me as a form of discrimination.

It's like meeting someone online and not knowing their race would it change how I treat them when I do? Likely not. A little for letter word result from a test doesn't change who a person is

18 hours ago, Dages said:

http://hexaco.org/hexaco-online is an interesting test (linked to the big 5)

My results. 5 is the highest, 1 the lowest for people wondering about the scores. It shows my results on the first row, then in comparison to averages.

Descriptions of each trait in the test (though most speak for themselves) http://hexaco.org/scaledescriptions

HEXACO-results.pdf

(Should open in a browser)

Interestingly, it gave me low anxiety, though it's true that my worries are not over every day issues that would cause people anxiety, but my experiances of anxiety are due to a disorder and neurobiologicial causes, so whilst I get lots of anxiety, I don't have an "anxious persona" as it were.

Edited by EccentricM

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Just curious : does there appear to be Type or types which are highly likely to become Jehovah’s Witnesses or almost never become? 

It would be very mixed. Cognitive functionality I doubt would play a part in what types of people would come into the truth. But rather, each individual has a different thinking style of proccess of reasoning but may come to the same conclusion in the end in one way or another.

I've come across wacky INTJs who believe there is no such thing as the self (that the persona is an illusion) and that they are connected to the "energy of the universe" (aka teachings like Buddhism), INTJ Catholics and then INTJs athiests who act like Richard Dawkins.

You'll find a mixed bunch of beleifs in all "types", but the methodology of thinking and cognition they take to get to their beliefs would be the same.

Edited by EccentricM

Just did some musical psychology tests at http://www.musicaluniverse.org/

It involves listenting to music and answering questions and a couple of other tests. These are my results.

3a4f4c43121986b21059ac6575b80ce4.png

01ae2910463f285b623cc68e6d1e112f.png

51c829e3c5b24b9e434c4213d8d702c5.png

e774746d089bc5adced60e0feb82a0ba.png

b6396160902cc2e858f216af9b9bcb3b.png

a9f3fbff10b731e141fb331b5eb6c940.png

(This test examined how good you were at identifying what a person was thinking or feeling just by their eyes alone and no other facial features.)

9af216fc14736c8b69546333dbf4f56d.png

9c3fa14083456cb5047749eed0ead2b3.png

(Systemising involves things like mathematical ability, understanding complex systems like binary, mechanics and so on).

The system used in this test is combines elements of the Empathising/Systemising theory and Big 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathizing–systemizing_theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits

Edited by EccentricM

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one that matches your personality/traits/inner being with a famous piece of art.  All in good fun!

https://play.howstuffworks.com/quiz/everyone-has-a-famous-painting-that-reflects-their-soul-heres-yours?adid=23842972242200093&mkcpgn=929caf9dc307412a9adceab81fd412bf&ts=fOecQImj1-frJJ1M3YF

Mine is The Scream - and it is pretty much spot on! 😱

The Scream
Your soul is best reflected by Munch's "The Scream" because you often feel like you are howling into the wind. However, you are in touch with your own inner voice, and you know how to trust your instincts. No matter how chaotic the world around you might be, you know how to listen to yourself, and you always do the right thing.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

added the explanation

I got

Mona Lisa
Your mysterious and introspective soul can only be Da Vinci's "Mona Lisa." Even though you are as calm as an infinity pool on the outside, you harbor a lot of deep thought within yourself. Your friends often wonder what you are thinking about when they see you lost in thought, but they always leave you to figure it out for yourself.

This is mine. 

Starry Night

Your soul is both complicated and beautiful as Van Gogh's "Starry Night." You are comprised of many paint strokes, but the sum of them makes you a fascinating picture. You are a deep thinker, and you tend to view the world in your own way. You have a lot of energy, but you find comfort in life's still places.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

3 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

@EccentricM I know it’s just fun, but do you think you really are like Mona or @GeordieGirl like Van Gough ? 😜

For me there are definitely aspects of it that are spot on.

Would have liked to know what 'The Scream' definition was. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

18 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Would have liked to know what 'The Scream' definition was. 

I added in my post here : https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/36876-personality-types-what-type-are-you/?do=findComment&comment=582062

BTW, this is a bit of fun, and just for the record, no one here believes in the "soul" as Christendom does - I'm taking it as being the person you are.

53 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

This is mine. 

Starry Night

Your soul is both complicated and beautiful as Van Gogh's "Starry Night." You are comprised of many paint strokes, but the sum of them makes you a fascinating picture. You are a deep thinker, and you tend to view the world in your own way. You have a lot of energy, but you find comfort in life's still places.

Wow, that does sound like a horoscope doesn't  it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Musky said:

Really? You get that from the words "starry night"? :)

...:lol:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

@EccentricM I know it’s just fun, but do you think you really are like Mona or @GeordieGirl like Van Gough ? 😜

Well.. our eye colour perhaps...

Seriously though, I'd say the introspection, daydreaming and deep thought was for sure.