JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for August 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2063 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Maybe her boyfriend sued for custody and won? :unsure:

Every so often interesting details are left out of experiences; this isn't the first time I've watched one and said to myself, "but, wait...?".  At the convention, the video about the brother whose son was disciplined - it wasn't entirely clear (to me, anyway) if the son was still living at home, if he was actually df'd, if he was married at the time of his discipline...

It would be nice to know what happened to her son. I didn't get the impression her boyfriend was that child's father, to be honest.  Oh, well.. :)   It was an encouraging experience

I liked the part with the brother who had served in the circuit work also; I think then became a zone overseer. Saying about how he never refused an assignment from Jehovah.

Also that castle was interesting. Have you been to that castle @carlos?

37 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Here is my outfit for Sunday..

20180808_165138.thumb.jpg.52049103c0cbf0a0bcafee480185e3b2.jpg

That's nice!  You'll be nearly as cool looking as Bro Lett was!  😉  He was sharp as a tack; in prior Broadcasts he seemed like he was losing weight and his suits were loose on him.  They fit great now!  Kudos to tailors!  ❤️

17 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Awesome!!! It's sure to be all the rage!!!

You trendsetter, you.^_^

I just hope I don't get brushed off...

😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/9/2018 at 2:07 AM, Katty said:

Also that castle was interesting. Have you been to that castle @carlos?

Yes, we were privilege to visit that exhibition last January. :)

I posted a topic about that visit, if you wish to have a look:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/33573-exhibition-about-conscientious-objectors/

Has anyone noticed a change in the way downloads are handled?
I am trying to download the Aug JWB, (as I have in previous months) but it continually 'plays' the broadcast and not let me DL it.
I using Android phone with Chrome. I usually go to jw TV, select the resolution (ie 720),and a little arrow flashes on the top showing the download. If I swipe down, it will give me a progress bar too... up until today.
Now I do the same - But it just plays it... I've tried numerous ways and various resolutions, but it always plays???
I don't want to play it, I just want download it, and play it later..
Any suggestions? TIA

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

24 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

I am trying to download the Aug JWB, (as I have in previous months) but it continually 'plays' the broadcast and not let me DL it.
I using Android phone with Chrome. I usually go to jw TV, select the resolution (ie 720),and a little arrow flashes on the top showing the download. If I swipe down, it will give me a progress bar too... up until today.
Now I do the same - But it just plays it... I've tried numerous ways and various resolutions, but it always plays???
Any suggestions? TIA

Older

Do you have enough space in your device's memory?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Any suggestions? TIA

Older

Have you tried downloading through JWLibrary instead?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No. I usually download it once as an mp4 file and park it on my sd card.
Then I can easily setup a shortcut to watch it anytime, and copy it to my pc or a usb, etc to share.
(I don't know how to do this via the JW app)
I am very restricted on my data usage as I only have it via my mobile phone (premium pricing). There is no landline where I am.

Have you tried downloading through JWLibrary instead?

Older

2 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

No. I usually download it once as an mp4 file and park it on my sd card.
Then I can easily setup a shortcut to watch it anytime, and copy it to my pc or a usb, etc to share.
(I don't know how to do this via the JW app)
I am very restricted on my data usage as I only have it via my mobile phone (premium pricing). There is no landline where I am.

Older

JWL does all that for you.

14 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I have an Android phone with Chrome and I can download without any problem. It shows up just as William's pictures show...

Thanks for the step by step pics. This is exactly what I have been doing for years. But now when I hit 'Download', it PLAYS....
As I mentioned earlier, at this point it used to show the arrow in the top bar, indicating the download is in progress. I have tried different resolutions, but same result.
Some update has changed my download settings...

Older

4 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Thanks for the step by step pics. This is exactly what I have been doing for years. But now when I hit 'Download', it PLAYS....
As I mentioned earlier, at this point it used to show the arrow in the top bar, indicating the download is in progress. I have tried different resolutions, but same result.
Some update has changed my download settings...

Older

Have you tried a different browser?

EDGE is available for Android.

No. Not tried anything yet. Just wondering if there was a change upstream, but it looks like the change has occurred just on my device. So I'll begin trying different things now... I want to remove the Samsung video player first, as it seems by default (now) to want to 'play' the download.
I stepped through it on my wife's phone (different model) and after the 720 option it pops up a box asking how to handle the DL; video player or browser... This is where the problem may be.

Older

Trouble is that it is a built-in system function and i cannot uninstall it...

Older

Ok, I had to uninstall all my video apps, and force stop the Samsung video player. (I remember updating a lot of my phone apps when I had unlimited data at my daughter's place (between watching Firefly))
I'm guessing the video player set itself up in default mode to play the video when downloading. I tried via the app permissions to stop it, but failed. So I forced a stop and uninstalled all updates back to factory settings (video player) and I got a box pop-up (see below) that I was happy with...
Now, back to DL the Aug BC... c0f3a65d02db56b168c40011d1d0c084.jpgf7b99369263e80ba97b8f2923d911a68.jpg4cb4a6f6c46d1f7b63ef3077cb2ab15b.jpg

Older

Tony, I think your problem is the app defaults. See this post:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remove-change-set-default-apps-android/

Also, I checked my old Samsung Note 4. This is how you change the app defaults.

432453605_AppDefaultActions.thumb.jpg.52367c9bd9fa20a80db62b6b623bd4ab.jpg

Edited by WilliamChew

Yep. App defaults. I changed the defaults and restarted the phone. For whatever reason, still no change till I u insta the updates.
On a side note... I do this to save my limited data. I was on free public Wi-Fi when I first encountered this problem.
As I worked through the problem and got it resolved, I forgot to do one thing... cancell the downloads. So it downloaded the full 720 resolution AND all the other ones I tried previously but stopped when it started to play.
I lost over 1 Gig of the 2.3 I had left .

Older

• 2 weeks later...

A JWB original song entitiled: "Brotherly Love"

2019 Regional Convention Theme: "Love Never Fails"

Hmm! I got it! :idea:

I'll call the Branch and tell them to incorporate this song into one of next year's music video presentations!

What a marvelous idea! :upsidedown:

Edited by Omoyeme

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

A JWB original song entitiled: "Brotherly Love"

2019 Regional Convention Theme: "Love Never Fails"

Hmm! I got it! :idea:

I'll call the Branch and tell them to incorporate this song into one of next year's music video presentations!

What a marvelous idea! :upsidedown:

Great idea really! And I won't be surprised if it turns out to be just so. That would make you such a "slave"-like thinker. 😀