JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Inspector Morse/Endeavour

I'm referring to the older series, and the prequel to that, Endeavour, now awaiting it's 6th series.  Were you a fan, or have you been watching the Endeavour series?  I don't actually like the Morse series much (haven't watched the spin-off Lewis series).  But I really like the interplay of mystery/murder solving, arts and music set in Oxford of the Endeavour series.  It's set in the mid to late 60's, and I like that it authentically refers to real events in the backdrop of the stories.

Yes, I'm missing it now that the last series has finished.  Was nice to curl up with my cat to watch it on a Friday night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2701582/

podcast_shaun-evans_1920x1080.2e16d0ba.fill-900x529

vlcsnap-2016-07-10-20h21m54s430

I have seen the Morse Series - not all of them, but did enjoy the ones I saw. I have not followed the Endeavor series - just never got started with it but may at some point.

You might enjoy the Death in Paradise TV series ... it is a joint English-French production ... However, it is not only a mystery series, it is also a "quirky comedy" that is, not only a bit of British style humor, it is intriguing with it's storyline and the murders that must be solved. It is actually well done.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The series premiere called 'Outback' is starting in my area tonight. The first episode is about the Kimberley. Thought it might be of interest to all those here from that region of the earth...unless it's already been shown there..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 3 weeks later...

I am a British mystery/crime drama addict and this addiction started at about age 6 with Enid Blyton and the Famous Five books.  I remember some little known and/or forgotten ones like 'Dixon of Dock Green'; 'The Saint';  'Randall and Hopkirk Deceased'; ' Softly Softly' etc all from the 60s. The ones already mentioned are some of my faves along with Midsomer Murders; Vera; George Gently etc. etc. And don't forget Poirot and Miss Marple and the Ruth Rendell Mysteries. I have seen them all. :uhhuh: 

Please don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Fluff said:

I really enjoyed Death in Paradise also. 

I only wish they had kept the first original detective..I thought he was the best one..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I LOVE "Endeavour"!!!  Thoughtful, so clever, good-looking, loves classical music, attention to details, nice profile, English - what's not to love?  :D  Also - the other stories in the series are so good and well-written; the camaraderie is wonderful.

Plus, I love crime dramas.  I haven't watched "Morse", yet... enjoying the young man right now (even though the series is finished :( ).

Have not watched Endeavor or Morse yet but all of you have piqued my interest. 

One of the actors in Death in Paradise described the show something like a combination of Columbo and Scooby-Doo.  LOL.  

Sister Dove, understand.... I was not happy either about losing the first detective,  but in time the second one grew on me as did the third replacement.  

Edited by Fluff

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

6 hours ago, Hope said:

I LOVE "Endeavour"!

And so I started watching Morse, since it was the obvious thing to do.  Didn't like it.  Thought he didn't seem like the same person.  But.... But... persevere, and it DOES grow on you.  Loving Morse now, and will fill in nicely until the next series of Endeavour.

26 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

And so I started watching Morse, since it was the obvious thing to do.  Didn't like it.  Thought he didn't seem like the same person.  But.... But... persevere, and it DOES grow on you.  Loving Morse now, and will fill in nicely until the next series of Endeavour.

Trivial fact of the day: The newspaper editor in Endeavour is John Thaw's daughter in real life. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.