JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

1970 Awakes warn of coming changes in food.

These articles caught my eye while I was searching for a different topic. The Awake warned about malnutrition, organic agriculture, processed food and artificial ingredients way back in the 1970s... and yet they're still relevant, even far moreso today. Blows my mind that I never read these before.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101970444
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101970520
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101970521

Just read the 1st one. It's amazing. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 9 months later...

Jehovah amazes me - how he keeps us WAY ahead of the curve.  Impressive articles even now, hard to believe they were written 49 years ago!

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

• 3 weeks later...

These are good articles for reference. Especially when one is a widower or never married, it's not easy to maintain a healthy diet in this day and age.  I know of a brother who remarried 6 months after his first wife died. When asked why he married so soon afterwards he said that he couldn't stand his own cooking.

Well, you can't blame him for this if you lack culinary skills...lol.

1 hour ago, Omoyeme said:

These are good articles for reference. Especially when one is a widower or never married, it's not easy to maintain a healthy diet in this day and age.  I know of a brother who remarried 6 months after his first wife died. When asked why he married so soon afterwards he said that he couldn't stand his own cooking.

Well, you can't blame him for this if you lack culinary skills...lol.

I know three older brothers personally who remarried very quickly for just that reason.  They got used to a wife taking care of them... could barely find their own socks on their own.

When I was younger, still living with my parents but old enough that my mom was only making dinner, I mostly lived off of cereal, some fruit, sandwiches, and prepackaged pasta or vegetable meals that I cooked in the microwave. I was dangerously unhealthy, largely due to how and what I was eating, but I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy what I ate or felt that I needed someone else to cook for me. I just didn't understand my chronic diseases or nutritional needs and I wasn't taught how to cook what I needed in ways that I am able to prepare them. I always end up burning myself when I use the stove or oven, so I have always been afraid of them and have trouble using them. This all changed when my brother in law taught me how he cooks healthy food for my infirm sister using a steamer. It's so simple and simulates many traditional methods of cooking vegetables and roots. Then I started making stews in a stock pot, and bought an Instant Pot which made things even easier. Now I don't find it very difficult at all because I was educated and learned new ways of doing things. With access to modern technology, I can't see how many people still make excuses that they can't cook, aside from time, but even then you basically just have to prepare a large amount ahead of time. You just throw whatever produce and meat in a steamer or a pot and it does the work for you. Sad that we don't have any concept of home economics or food education in the west.