JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can you sense how people are changing in your countries?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1982 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum to talk about this)

When I listen to old pops (like 60's, 70's) and the music videos and when I think about their facial expressions, melodies, and the lyrics ..

It seems like people were more.... normal, so to speak.

( I can't find the right word for this. My mother tongue is not English)

Also, so much purer and more in connection with God instinctively, if you know what I mean. 

(even though, mentally, they did not know Jehovah)

In Korea, people feel like western countries are more advanced.

Well, in a good way but also in a bad way.

I remember when I lived about a year in Australia, I remember having impressions as if worldly people or worldly Caucasians were more like ... animals. 

But maybe also more clever or even more academic, intelligent. 

Still, that kind of aggressive impression or aura (I never got personally attacked, though) is not quite common in Korea. 

Maybe it was my imagination, wrongly created due to their overwhelming physical bulks (?)..

Anyway, overall, I felt they were more 'fierce' than most Koreans. 

( I'm proud how different Australian JWs were distinctively different from most worldly people there)

Not that Koreans are not fierce, though. 

Satan has different strategies for different cultures. 

Whether you agree with me on this personal (and trivial) observation or not, you would still agree with me that gradually, Satan has succeeded in turning us humans into a species more like him, in other words, more satanic, which is quite frightening when you think about it.

I don't know how he does it.. through meat?? or music like that of Lady Gaga? 

I can't watch or read news. 

In India ,you can't imagine the horrible rapes going on. 

It's disgusting and dreadful. 

People are becoming more fierce here. 

Money,sex, politics is the only thing they understand and speak. 

Today I went and spoke to some north Indians(i am a North Indian but born in South India) Who have come here for work. 

In spite of me showing a video in their language, no one was interested of the twenty youths.

On the contrary, when I started to leave, they asked me a question.

What came first.  ?

The hen or the egg. ?

World is not safe anymore. Have to be vigilant. 

Hello brother and welcome to the forums. You're the first witness from Korea I've been able to chat with. I'm always excited when I get to converse with brothers and sisters from other countries.

I do agree with your overall observations as well.

I remember years ago a brother told me about this 2013 Korean film which apparently painted us in a positive light:

In this omnibus film series produced by the National Human Rights Commission, Min Youngkeun looks at conscientious objection to military service:  a Jehovah’s Witness who has just been drafted must say goodbye to his mother in Ice River; a melodrama about a man who chooses to go to prison for his conscientious and religious objections to bearing arms.

Have you seen it?  Did it see widespread release there? How did the public react to it?

I was so happy to hear this news earlier this summer. You must all be excited for 2020!

The love of the greater number is definitely a lot colder now than even just 25 or 30 years ago.:(

You really notice it in a small community, where helping neighbors in need is what we do, er, used to do.

Our fire department is operated by civic minded citizens who generously give their time and efforts in service

to their community.  Every year, our department gets smaller and smaller, as volunteers age out, or have to

retire do to medical issues, and there are no people willing to take their places.  People say they don't have the time. 

They don't have the time because they are too busy to volunteer.

Yeah.  Right.  Busy playing with all the toys they've worked so hard to accumulate, or busy playing sports.

Some day, someone's house will begin to burn and there won't be anybody around to take the trucks to

the fire and fight it.:unsure:

Signs signs everywhere there's signs. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Degenerative disease called S.I.N. Eats away all cultures and humans around the world.

Add to this demonic propaganda ...... and “humans” are cooked so to speak. 

Personally I have notice elevated levels of national patriotism in Australia.

Make Australia great again etc ... billboards are placed in a lot of places In Melbourne...

The “world” is a sad place. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

People have most definitely changed. 

In the news here: Mothers killing their own children, husband kills his wife, child, then himself. Someone even shoved a little boy off of a giant waterside because he was tired of waiting in line.. Some days, I just can not take the news, so I avoid it completely. 

The love of the greater number has grown cold, that's for sure. But it seems to have actually gone beyond that now. People are fierce, some animalistic. It is hard to live with people like this. 

9 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Degenerative disease called S.I.N. Eats away all cultures and humans around the world.

Add to this demonic propaganda ...... and “humans” are cooked so to speak. 

Personally I have notice elevated levels of national patriotism in Australia.

Make Australia great again etc ... billboards are placed in a lot of places In Melbourne...

The “world” is a sad place. 

I have to concur with Greg in this instance.

YES I think people have and are changing - their attitudes as a whole are 'me first' and they don't really care about others unless there's something in it for them. (Always the exception sometimes though.)

But politically NZ hasn't changed, we don't have many flags flying (I noted one the other day because it as unusual) ... so no, not elevated levels of national patriotism here either.  (Unless it's the America's Cup or Rugby season, but that has always been).

I think though ... we do, like dominoes, become affected down the line from political movements in the bigger western countries like the UK and US.

This world, is in its death throes, even if people around us don't realise it. It would be so lovely if these ones responded to the message, but we know the majority won't.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

What I notice, at least living near a large metropolitan area is many young people have no respect for older ones. Also,  often you hear them playing their music (rap or heavy metal) and it usually sounds very angry in its tone. This I’m certain contributes to the aggressive fierce attitude prevalent today.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Everywhere, in general, people have been changed. Selfishness has taken over everything. Money, materialism, “me first and only me” is the priority. Carelessness, lack of manners and unreliability is the characteristic for today’s world. People do not trust one and other anymore. The distrust is a sign of the “last days”. 

I do see people have changed and it is clear to me that this world is going down with a high speed. 

Also, when oppressed/repressed sections of society rise up, there is always tumult in the fabric of society.  So along with the rise in violence and crime, aggressiveness and greed comes all the "isms" of this late stage of the last days.  For instance, feminism has never been so fierce now, due to the increase of violence against them, and same as the LGBTI issues being thrust to the fore.  The one who yells louder is the one who will be heard.  It crowds out any "niceness" left in society.  All that one sees now is the survival of the fittest mentality on overdrive.  

The Bible speaks of the mental state of those who are not following Jehovah's way as being debased.  How true!

In service the major response is : I don't have time for that, I have my own religion and don't wanna talk to you Jehovah's. A few may be interested but the majority are beginning to not have time for God or religion.   

And the last time I went to the grocery store I was talking about how people are aggressive. Parents yelling at their kids who obviously aren't listening, kids throwing tantrums or cursing at their parents/grandparents. And then the teenagers don't act like teens, even kids are mini adults anymore... And some of the adults here are worse than the kids or teens sad to say... I was checking out at a self checkout aisle, then forgot some coins. The person in line made the point of saying something to the extent of "I didn't want to get into a disagreement over it." I simply laughed and walked off, as two people there were already into it.... 

Prices are rising, attitudes are getting more aggressive/animalistic even, people are beginning to develop a "what's in it for me" pattern and letting their inner desires/wants take over... Just imagine when false religion is destroyed and any moral compass people had is gone... scary times ahead, hold on to Jehovah's chariot...

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

10 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

Anyway, overall, I felt they were more 'fierce' than most Koreans.

Brother Timothy,

I recently travelled to Japan, and I think their mindset is similar to Koreans too.  I was impressed by the orderliness, obedience to authority and general dislike of being different socially - hence everyone does what they're told and keeps their place in society.  In Western lands, it is not so much that we are "more clever or even more academic, intelligent", but more liberal in our ideas.  Being democratic means we are more following our own way in social circles, there is much more laxity as to following strict social norms - that change happened during the 60's.  So, morals have plummeted and so has behaviour.  Yes, we do act like animals, because the moral compass is not being dictated anymore by governments or religion.  We can make up our own minds as to how we behave - so long as it is lawful and we pay our taxes.

So, you're right that as JWs living in Australia or other western lands we stand out as different.  Of course, that is because we uphold Jehovah's righteous laws and principles.  

What the others here on this thread have said is universally this is happening in every part of the world.  Just as we expect, as the scriptures are fulfilled showing without a doubt we are in the last of the last days.

I've been debating how to say this...

When i was a kid, it felt like there was a war going on between good and evil. And I don't mean God and Satan, I mean in the world; there was a battle raging for everything. Raise awareness for the environment, legal challenges to the politics, marches for human rights, famine vs charity, technology vs humanity...

There were questions being asked, there were petitions being started, there was a battle being waged to try and keep greed and evil from overpowering hope and help.

I don't know if I just got jaded, or if it just got worse; but the last five years, it feels like the war is over; and the bad guys won.

Every decade has it's own identity. The 1920's, the 1930's... you can tell from the architecture, the language, the clothing, the music; the world reinvented itself every decade of the Modern Era.

It feels like the world now has been a non-stop epilogue to 9/11, and that happened in 2001. We have a whole generation of adults who will never remember a time before all this. That's why it's dialed up so suddenly. The world is on the brink in a way it hasn't been since the Cold War, but there's no 'all in this together' feeling.

The only thing left to hold onto, is the fact that it has to get this bad, and then worse, before it can get fixed completely.

People in Germany are becoming more

-snappy

-cynical

-sarcastic

-arrogant

-impatient

I have particularly noticed a lot of these changes through the behaviour of the role-models in TV shows, films and audio-books. You can't believe how people treat each other and how they talk to each other in those shows. Even a lot of worldly people comment on how extreme that behaviour has become, and of course, it has an influence on how people actually interact in real-life.

Just one of literally millions of examples

I am finding that even when you are trying to help someone, they are rude to you. We took a sister to convention this weekend and she had an attitude all weekend. We shared our room with her and still got attitude. Amazing! 

Edited by GrumpysWife

Spellcheck

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

54 minutes ago, GrumpysWife said:

I am finding that even when you are trying to help someone, they are rude to you. We took a sister to convention this weekend and she had an attitude all weekend. We shared our room with her and still got attitude. Amazing! 

I would have had to tell her about herself...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

am finding that even when you are trying to help someone, they are rude to you.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with this!!

I'm also sorry to say that I have dealt with this too.. with someone that I let live in my home. 🤐

Some might live in a peaceful area, yet disasters is happening everywhere. We talking about massive heat waves and forest fires, etc. Believe me, a lot of this is because of greed and stupidity. Don't miss understand me, I'm not talking about common people. A lot of people are force to live in disaster prone areas, that GREEDY developers are building houses  in Northren California and Houston Texas. They building houses where rain needs to go somewhere and  areas need to be replenish with fire and STUPID leaders are letting this happen worldwide.

I have noticed here in nearly rural UK how people's attitudes are changing. They claim to be more tolerant, yet are very intolerant of anyone with a different view to themselves. They are getting more insistent on their lifestyles, despite inconvenience or embarrasment to others. 

People are getting - as one local said - as if they enjoy getting angry over virtually anything, whether in real life eg -road rage/cart rage in shops or trolling on social media.

Some of it may be down to being 'tired and wired'. Working long hours and staying up late, lacking sleep and good diet or having chronic aches & pains and no time to convalesce, so are tired and irritable all the time and not as alert as they should be. Then someone surprises them out of their tired stupor by cutting in front in a shop aisle or taking too long at the checkout and they snap - same in traffic over the slightest mistakes or delays.

Everyone seems 'edgy' and you have to be so careful and tactful and prepared to be kind despite getting your ears blown off by some strained folk on the Ministry these days. A phrase getting more common round here after walking away from some householders is "Who rattled their cage before we got there!"

Lack of Police & closed Police stations in most towns has led to open illegal activities and rural crime is really bad. Livestock is stolen so often that farmers try to put broken vehicles/large rocks at field entrances to block thieves' trucks, but to no avail. One farmer bought large expensive guard dogs, but got them stolen as well. Farm vehicles get stolen or set on fire regularly and farmers get robbed at gun-point. If farms have things stolen, but no one gets hurt - even to thousands of pounds worth gone, the farmer only gets a crime number report off Police and little chance crime investigations as it is regarded as 'victimless' and they haven't time nor resources to investigae! The latest atrocities seem to be mad gangs going into fields and slaughtering sheep or horses for no apparent reason than gory minded nastiness. This adds to the dog-fighting and badger and cat baiting for money/bets that goes on without any rural Police to stop it.Life is getting cheap as people get more callous and insensitive to suffering.