JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Library - Available for Download!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2024 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Katty said:

Ah, the moment I've been waiting for.

I already have the WTLIB on my PC devices so I don't need the download...but it's nice to know it's there...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Many have apple or Android and don't have a computer. Some don't like windows devices. I think it will be formatted to work on these devices soon

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

What does WT Library do that WOL or JW Library does not that would warrant a major app upgrade or a whole new app? It’s not as easy as just reformatting. It would have to be rebuilt from scratch.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

It offers older publications (back to 1950) for research and a linked index to these.

So does WOL, and they could easily be made downloadable to JW Library. Perhaps it’s already in the works...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

What does WT Library do that WOL or JW Library does not that would warrant a major app upgrade or a whole new app? It’s not as easy as just reformatting. It would have to be rebuilt from scratch.
I've got the wtlib all the way to 13 in another format that I can carry on my tablet and phone. I'm really not sweating it. Otherwise I use it online and copy/paste

I've got the wtlib all the way to 13 in another format that I can carry on my tablet and phone. I'm really not sweating it. Otherwise I use it online and copy/paste

Yes, what people did to put it on mobile devices was questionable at best. It’s not an official release.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

I've got the wtlib all the way to 13 in another format that I can carry on my tablet and phone.

I suspect that all the work some people did to get the theocratic material on their mobile devices is what helped the Branch realize there was a need for JWL and WOL. 

Thanks for being part of that... 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

you can "copy with caption" material in your own documents/research, so you know where you found a specific quote/citation

I suspect that all the work some people did to get the theocratic material on their mobile devices is what helped the Branch realize there was a need for JWL and WOL. 
Thanks for being part of that... 

JWL was in the works several years before its release in 2013. It was because the GB wanted to use the mobile devices in the best way possible in the ministry and at the meetings, starting with the bible in English, and then adding more publications, languages, and functions, as we learned to use them. It also had to be very simple to use, and be useful even for non-technical pioneers at the doors of householders, not just have a lot of fun effects. I’m sure many of the friends who decided to use the unofficial apps didn’t realise they were entering a very grey area, or felt it was justified. Of course, I believe the GB wishes to make it easy for the friends to stay well within the boundaries of the law.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

you can "copy with caption" material in your own documents/research, so you know where you found a specific quote/citation

Is this an important function to you so much that it merits the development of a whole new app?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I’m sure many of the friends who decided to use the unofficial apps didn’t realise they were entering a very grey area, or felt it was justified.

Yup! That was me!

Happy to contribute! 

1853500483_raisedhand.gif.734f1f0db3a53f2d26b547d3ae864576.gif