JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"The Last Pope"

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Film coming up on the History channel.

"The Last Pope"  - referring to the current one.

will let y'all know what they have to say.

When? Some of us might want to see it, or some of us might want to avoid it! :lol:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

When? Some of us might want to see it, or some of us might want to avoid it! :lol:

It might depend on the cable service you have.

Where I am, it started tonight at 9:00 p.m. Channel 62, the History channel.

Be carefull with this!

In my opinion, this is about a demonic prophecy, which actually might come true.

You know the demons have controll over the catholic church. So they can absolouty manouver things that an elected pope matches the parameter written in each part of this prophecy.

30 minutes ago, BenGo said:

In my opinion, this is about a demonic prophecy, which actually might come true.

Hmm. I think that prophecy is too lame to come from a supernatural source. Satan would have done a better job. What that guy wrote is simply unintelligible and absolutely ambiguous, so it can be applied to anything you want.

That being said, taking into account where we are in the current of time Francis could well be the last pope. Or maybe not. :)

I did promise to report back to ya'll.

Didn't watch the entire thing. I found it boring and didn't want to stay up until 11:00.

However, in the first hour, I thought it very interesting ( not coincidence ) that some big things were going on in the Catholic right at 1914 . Hmmm . . .

Then, in October 13, 1917 another big thing called the Fatima miracle. Imagine that, October of 1917.  Hmmm . . .

My takeaway is that it's 100% understandable that when BTG is destroyed it will begin with Christendom.  It is thick with demons.

10 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

Which pope directed that God's name be removed from hymn books and church buildings and catechisms or Catholic Bibles?

I believe that happened in June of '07.

I'm not 100% sure but I recall we had a magazine at the time that spoke out about the removal of Gods name in some religions and the timing of that magazine was.....interesting..

• 3 weeks later...

It was Benedict.  He has a cousin who is a Witness.  http://communio.stblogs.org/index.php/2008/08/on-the-use-of-the-name-of-god/

http://www.answers.com/Q/Does_Pope_Benedict_have_relatives_who_are_Jehovah's_Witnesses

I remember seeing the newspaper article and the picture, too.  I can't find that picture of his cousin Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma - curiously, the picture was it was 404'd or otherwise deleted.

It is not directly related, or maybe it is.

59 minutes ago, rbrown1205 said:

It was Benedict.  He has a cousin who is a Witness.  http://communio.stblogs.org/index.php/2008/08/on-the-use-of-the-name-of-god/

http://www.answers.com/Q/Does_Pope_Benedict_have_relatives_who_are_Jehovah's_Witnesses

I remember seeing the newspaper article and the picture, too.  I can't find that picture of his cousin Steffie Brzakovic, 78, of Cooma - curiously, the picture was it was 404'd or otherwise deleted.

Was that the one whom the pope asked to kiss his ring, and the (our) brother replied, I will if you kiss my book bag?

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Here is a recap of the Vaticn's decision, a bow to Jweish tradition.

"Vatican Says No 'Yahweh' In Songs, Prayers At Catholic MassesBy CatholicMusicNetwork.com
8/26/2008 (1 decade ago)
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)

The Vatican has reiterated a directive that the name of God revealed in the tetragrammaton YHWH is not to be pronounced in Catholic liturgy or in music. Catholics at worship should neither sing nor pronounce the name of God as "Yahweh," the Vatican has said, citing the authority of Jewish and Christian practice.

Highlights

The instruction came in a June 29 letter to Catholic bishops conferences around the world from the Vatican's top liturgical body, the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, by an explicit "directive" of Pope Benedict XVI. "In recent years, the practice has crept in of pronouncing the God of Israel's proper name," the letter noted, referring to the four-consonant Hebrew Tetragrammaton, YHWH.

That name is commonly pronounced as "Yahweh," though other versions include "Jaweh" and "Yehovah."

But such pronunciation violates long-standing Jewish tradition, the Vatican reminded bishops.

"As an expression of the infinite greatness and majesty of God, (the name) was held to be unpronounceable and hence was replaced during the reading of sacred Scripture by means of the use of an alternate name: 'Adonai,' which means 'Lord,'" the Congregation said.

That practice continued with Christianity, the letter explained, recalling the "church's tradition, from the beginning, that the sacred Tetragrammaton was never pronounced in the Christian context nor translated into any of the languages into which the Bible was translated."

Invoking a Vatican document from 2001, the Congregation reminded bishops that the name "Yahweh" in Catholic worship should be replaced by the Latin "Dominus" (Lord) or a word "equivalent in meaning" in the local language.

The Vatican's move will require changes in a number of hymns and prayers currently used in American churches, but not to the Mass itself, said the U.S. bishops' top liturgical official. "

---

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, rbrown1205 said:

Pope Remembers Steffie.jpg

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25