JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catholic Priests in Pennsylvania

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2033 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

25 minutes ago, navco said:

State attorneys general in Missouri and Illinois on Thursday announced reviews of Catholic Church records there, citing interest generated by the Pennsylvania report.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan specifically referenced Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro’s grand jury report. She said the report identified at least seven priests with connections to Illinois.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/28/pope-francis-facing-calls-to-resign-sexual-abuse-scandal-exposes-rifts-in-vatican.html

This article seemed to go in a few different directions but what I got from it is that the Catholic Church is at war with itself. The pope is the head of it, it's his responsibility to correct it, seen as acting aggressively to some and but staying mum to others. Nothing consistent.

I found this to be of interest

But for many Catholics and long-time Vatican observers, the acknowledgment of the criminal behavior was too little, too late.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a group that describes itself as agnostics and atheists (including former Catholics) are running a full-page ad later this week in The New York Times urging people to leave the Church

So perhaps the Church will just destroy itself. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

This one has a great over view of what's what. Even about Australia

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44209971

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/28/pope-francis-facing-calls-to-resign-sexual-abuse-scandal-exposes-rifts-in-vatican.html

This article seemed to go in a few different directions but what I got from it is that the Catholic Church is at war with itself. The pope is the head of it, it's his responsibility to correct it, seen as acting aggressively to some and but staying mum to others. Nothing consistent.
I found this to be of interest

But for many Catholics and long-time Vatican observers, the acknowledgment of the criminal behavior was too little, too late.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a group that describes itself as agnostics and atheists (including former Catholics) are running a full-page ad later this week in The New York Times urging people to leave the Church

So perhaps the Church will just destroy itself. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

This one has a great over view of what's what. Even about Australia
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44209971
Waters evaporating...

Revelation 16:12
12 The sixth one poured out his bowl on the great river Eu·phraʹtes, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the rising of the sun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Waters evaporating...

Revelation 16:12
12 The sixth one poured out his bowl on the great river Eu·phraʹtes, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the rising of the sun.

Is the Greater Cyrus causing the waters to dry up? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A major distinction I see between Jehovah's organization and Satan's (aka Catholic church) - When the government requires that any assaults/sexual harrassment, etc. allegations be reported to the proper authorities, JW's comply with Ceasar's laws - The Catholic church hid them away. And Jehovah said that whatever a person does in the dark in secrecy He will bring forward in the light. So I guess false religion is finally reaping the consequences of what they've sown.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

As this goes on, at the same time our website put up laws and regulations we follow now for elders and others in the congregation, that all cases of child abuse be dealt with when found and also reported, that there should be no cover up or prevention of police action against the criminal.

The latest from the Catholic church in Australia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-45364556

The Catholic Church in Australia has formally rejected a landmark inquiry's recommendation that priests should be forced to report sexual abuse disclosed during confession.

The five-year inquiry found tens of thousands of children had suffered abuse in Australian institutions. The Catholic Church had the most cases.

On Friday, Church leaders accepted most of the inquiry's recommendations.

But their stance on confession may set up future conflict with governments.

The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference said breaking the seal of confession was "contrary to our faith and inimical to religious liberty".

"We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people while maintaining the seal," it said in a statement.

The Church leaders said they would, however, explore other proposals - including asking the Vatican to relax rules on celibacy.

The state of South Australia has already unveiled new laws - to take effect in October - that will legally compel clergy to report abuse.

However, Church leaders have vowed not to adhere to it. State officials say this may lead to prosecutions, resulting in fines of up to A$10,000 (£5,570; $7,250).

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

New York attorney general’s office has issued subpoenas to every Catholic diocese in the state

By Julie Zauzmer and
September 6 at 7:10 PM

The New York attorney general’s office has issued subpoenas to every Catholic diocese in the state,

becoming the latest U.S. state to embark on an expansive investigation of sex crimes committed

and covered up by Catholic priests.

The Catholic Church faces a major test over the next several months, as the attorneys general of

at least five states conduct investigations and several more consider opening up the decades-old secret files

of the dioceses in their states. Millions of Catholics nationwide now must grapple

with attending a church that is under criminal investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/09/06/new-york-joins-the-list-of-states-investigating-sex-crimes-committed-by-catholic-priests/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f575bfc709c1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, bagwell1987 said:

This article seemed to go in a few different directions but what I got from it is that the Catholic Church is at war with itself

Mark 3:23-26

23So after calling them to him, he spoke to them with illustrations: “How can Satan expel Satan?  24 If a kingdom becomes divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand;  25 and if a house becomes divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.  26 Also, if Satan has risen up against himself and has become divided, he cannot stand but is coming to an end

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Mark 3:23-26

23So after calling them to him, he spoke to them with illustrations: “How can Satan expel Satan?  24 If a kingdom becomes divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand;  25 and if a house becomes divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.  26 Also, if Satan has risen up against himself and has become divided, he cannot stand but is coming to an end

Exactly

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 9/7/2018 at 5:36 AM, Tbs77 said:

I smell a special campaign coming for Jesus lost sheep emoji207.png...

Time to dust off my "Religion is a Snare and a Racket" signs...:thumbsup:

The Horrific Catholic Church Sex Abuse Scandal Is About to Get a Lot Worse

"I think we're going to look back on this as a Martin Luther moment, where someone's nailing the theses to the door."

By Alex Norcia

|

Sep 12 2018, 4:00am

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjag75/the-horrific-catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal-is-about-to-get-a-lot-worse

And, remember, the priest at mass actually has the power to literally, in effect, change bread into God through transubstantiation. And at that moment, we're taught essentially in catechism, that the priest is God

*shakes head*

Nothing in the Bible supports this, they are literally admitting to worshiping men.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjag75/the-horrific-catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal-is-about-to-get-a-lot-worse

But where will it all lead? What is the worst-case scenario for the Catholic Church in America, besides more bad press and a handful of high-level priests losing their jobs? 

Pick pick! Pick me! We can tell you the answer to that question .. if you really want to know the answer.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

OPINION

The Catholic Church Is Losing Its Most Devoted Followers

Deborah Taffa

Guest Writer

09/12/2018 05:45 AM ET

If the Catholic church survives its latest scandal — the concealment of 300 predator priests in six Pennsylvania dioceses — it will be because of the mestizo and indigenous populations of the United States and Central and South America.

Indigenous communities are at the heart of the Catholic church; in the U.S., they represent one-third of the approximately 70 million Catholics. For these communities in the Americas, Catholicism is more than just a religion. It’s a culture and way of life, one that respects liberation theology and activism.

Many of my happiest memories from childhood take place in Native and Latino churches. I was raised in the spiritual traditions of the American Southwest; my grandmother attended mass with her fellow members of New Mexico’s Laguna Pueblo at the Mission San José de Laguna church. She washed laundry for a living and, in an era before government assistance, went without meals when there wasn’t enough to feed her 10 children.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b969d89e4b0162f472fb4bb/amp

The pope 🤢🤮 is going to wait till February to gather his minions to discuss this issue. 😡😡😡😡. Shows how important to him this is to get cleared up. 

Ooooo, I wonder how much more information is going to hit the fan before than. 

The look on his face in the article. Ooooooo. Evil. Pure evil. 

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/12/pope-francis-calls-unprecedented-meeting-of-top-officials-over-sexual-abuse/

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

What about all the baby skeletons from nun's pregnancies found everywhere..
Hmmm

I was raped by a nun from age 12 ... then she had my baby

WORLD / 4 APRIL 2018, 09:38AM / RICHARD MARSDEN AND FIONA PARKER

London - A grandfather has revealed the horrific sexual abuse he suffered as a child at the hands of a Roman Catholic nun who went on to have his baby.
Edward Hayes was just 12 and living at a children’s home when he was singled out and raped by Sister Mary Conleth, who was then in her 20s and has since died.
Hayes said the abuse happened "almost daily" at the former John Reynolds Home in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, until the nun became pregnant in 1956 and was sent back to Ireland and discharged from her role in the Church. Hayes, 76, who has waived his right to anonymity, claims the case could be "the tip of the iceberg" in abuse by nuns.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/i-was-raped-by-a-nun-from-age-12-then-she-had-my-baby-14233417