JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining The Daily Text more Fully

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2067 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I would like to know if anyone knows how the Bethel family goes about the Daily Text...

The way we go about ours is.... we read the text scripture, then read the commentary/extract and formulate questions from the extract. In as much as this way helps, sometimes it makes it seem like another question n answer session.

So can u share with us how u go about yours?

And if u know how the Bethel family does it too, u can brief us... may be with this information, we can all  bebefit more fully from the Daily Text.:)

4 hours ago, Paa Yaw said:

we read the text scripture, then read the commentary/extract and formulate questions from the extract. In as much as this way helps, sometimes it makes it seem like another question n answer session.

I have the privilege to work at the local Assembly Hall once a week and a simple breakfast is provided for all the workers, then at 8:30 a brother will conduct Morning Worship using the Daily Text just as you described. Different brothers are assigned each week so they are fully prepared to conduct. He will get a volunteer to read the scripture, then he will make a brief comment, then he will get a volunteer to read the commentary, then he will ask questions and get comments.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have set a goal to reread or relisten to the article the extract came from. Not an in depth study (although sometimes that happens) but just a refresher. It's easy to listen on my commute or while house cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2018 at 6:43 AM, Tortuga said:

I have the privilege to work at the local Assembly Hall once a week and a simple breakfast is provided for all the workers, then at 8:30 a brother will conduct Morning Worship using the Daily Text just as you described. Different brothers are assigned each week so they are fully prepared to conduct. He will get a volunteer to read the scripture, then he will make a brief comment, then he will get a volunteer to read the commentary, then he will ask questions and get comments.

The AH work schedule is being changed to harmonize with other LDC activities. Starting this week we will have breakfast available starting at 07:30 ad the daily text will be considered at 08:00

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D