JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friday, August 17 I inquired of Jehovah, and he answered me. He rescued me from all my fears.​—Ps. 34:4.

Friday, August 17

I inquired of Jehovah, and he answered me. He rescued me from all my fears.—Ps. 34:4.

We too can pour out our concerns to Jehovah, knowing that he will hear us and strengthen us to endure with joy. And when our prayers are answered, our faith gets stronger. (1 John 5:14, 15) Since faith is an aspect of the fruitage of the spirit, we need to “keep on asking” for God’s spirit, as Jesus urged us to do. (Luke 11:9, 13) Our prayers, though, should not be limited to asking God for personal help. “Too numerous to recount” are the “wonderful works” we can thank and praise Jehovah for daily! (Ps. 40:5) Also, our prayers should reflect that we “keep in mind those in prison, as though [we] were imprisoned with them.” And we should pray for our worldwide brotherhood, especially “those who are taking the lead among [us].” Our hearts are touched when we see how Jehovah answers our united prayers!—Heb. 13:3, 7. w16.10 3:8, 9

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Friday, August 17

I inquired of Jehovah, and he answered me. He rescued me from all my fears.—Ps. 34:4.

We too can pour out our concerns to Jehovah, knowing that he will hear us and strengthen us to endure with joy. And when our prayers are answered, our faith gets stronger. (1 John 5:14, 15) Since faith is an aspect of the fruitage of the spirit, we need to “keep on asking” for God’s spirit, as Jesus urged us to do. (Luke 11:9, 13) Our prayers, though, should not be limited to asking God for personal help. “Too numerous to recount” are the “wonderful works” we can thank and praise Jehovah for daily! (Ps. 40:5) Also, our prayers should reflect that we “keep in mind those in prison, as though [we] were imprisoned with them.” And we should pray for our worldwide brotherhood, especially “those who are taking the lead among [us].” Our hearts are touched when we see how Jehovah answers our united prayers!—Heb. 13:3, 7w16.10 3:8, 9

This scripture got me through a big operation a sister told me to remember but I got the scripture mixed up for this one Jehovah knew I needed this one thanking Jehovah for this scripture again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

What a wonderful reminder that ties in with the August Broadcast.

Yes, we can ask Jehovah to help us personally, but we never want to forget the worldwide association of brothers. So many are sick and suffering spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. We want to use their names in our prayers when possible. There is a list on jw. org with the names of brothers imprisoned and the GB asked us to pick a name and pray for that person specifically. We know friends locally.

We never want to underestimate the power of prayer. Jehovah answers prayers!!