JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nation of Israel.

Just one outfit?

What do I wear on laundry day? :eek:

BTW: don't forget they had extra clothing..

“. . .And the Egyptians began to urge the people to depart quickly out of the land “because,” as they said, “we are all as good as dead!” 34 So the people carried their flour dough before it was leavened, with their kneading troughs wrapped up in their clothing on their shoulder. 35 The Israelites did what Moses had told them and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and of gold as well as clothing. 36 Jehovah gave the people favor in the eyes of the Egyptians, so that they gave them what they asked for, and they plundered the Egyptians.” Exodus 12:33-36

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi Brother Ron,

So to tie together what Richard shared in his post with what you heard the speaker mention at the convention, Jehovah made sure that whatever "clothing" each Israelite had when leaving Egypt did not wear out in the many years and decades in the wilderness. So most Israelites had various clothing and shoes and none of these ever wore out.

What about when the children/teenagers grew out of their clothes?

Then Jehovah miraculously lengthened the sleeves :D

Haha, no, simply the outgrown clothing, which had not wore out, would be given to younger ones.

*** w04 9/15 p. 26 par. 1 Highlights From the Book of Deuteronomy ***
8:3, 4—In what way did the Israelites’ clothing not wear out and their feet not become swollen during the wilderness trek?

This was a miraculous provision, as was the regular supply of manna. The Israelites used the same garments and footwear they started out with, likely passing them on to others as children grew up and adults died. 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Comfortable 100% cotton slacks and comfortable 100% cotton blouse.  

Hey, if I'm gonna be wearing them for 40 years, they gotta be comfortable. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Comfortable 100% cotton slacks and comfortable 100% cotton blouse.  

Hey, if I'm gonna be wearing them for 40 years, they gotta be comfortable. ^_^

I would go with 3 pairs of Levis and a few cotton t-shirts, maybe a toga and tunic for meetings, or just relaxing. My sizes haven't changed much in the last 40 years,  I  think I would be ok with that..😎

20 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I would go with 3 pairs of Levis and a few cotton t-shirts, maybe a toga and tunic for meetings, or just relaxing. My sizes haven't changed much in the last 40 years,  I  think I would be ok with that..😎

I am much the same as you. I can still wear the jeans I wore 30 years ago. They fit a little tighter around my hips, but HEY that is OK, but of course I can't breath with them zipped. I am old.

Wish I could say the same thing about my waist. I long for the 1930s suits when the top of the pants came halfway up the chest, nobody commented on the waist because it was totally hidden, sad  the belly wasn't. (See "Oh Brother Where Art thou".) :(

Old is not always good, it beats the alternative, but....

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I would wear something similar to what the Israelites wore.  In modern times, it's referred to as a "boubou" which is worn in many regions on the African continent.  It's modest, comfortable, long, loose-fitting, and cool to the skin.  (And more material can be added, if necessary, i.e. asoke.)  And I do LOVE the color purple!  :)

boubous.jpg

Boubou2.jpg

A light tunic

671850db9c54248c44e44c82d85df77fe3b92e68

And it would be reversable. Black one side, white the other, and you reverse it in accordance to the weather. White to reflect the sun, black to draw the heat. And perhaps a long tunic coat, thicker material, on the top for when it was colder.

Chinese-traditional-men-clothing-mens-tr

Edited by EccentricM