Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
systephan27

"Bearing Thorough Witness" Book - JWpub?

Recommended Posts

Have I missed this? Or  am I the only one who can't find the book "Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom as JWpub for the JW LibraryApp? My wife and I would like to review this book for our family worship but we can't find this publication in the app...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=bt

 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. I hope it helps.

22 minutes ago, systephan27 said:

Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom as JWpub for the JW LibraryApp? My wife and I would like to review this book for our family worship but we can't find th

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, systephan27 said:

Have I missed this? Or  am I the only one who can't find the book "Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom as JWpub for the JW LibraryApp? My wife and I would like to review this book for our family worship but we can't find this publication in the app...

It is available in the Watchtower Library collection (the DVD download-read only).  It is available to read on WOL (online) and it is available from JW.ORG as a download in PDF and Epub.  Would any of these copies work for your study?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SueFrog said:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=bt

 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. I hope it helps.

 

 

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is available in the Watchtower Library collection (the DVD download-read only).  It is available to read on WOL (online) and it is available from JW.ORG as a download in PDF and Epub.  Would any of these copies work for your study?

Thank you for your answers. I just thought maybe someone has the .jwpub file for the JW LIBRARY APP. As we have everything in the app, it would be great to also have this book inside the app 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you brothers for all your answers. I guess we have to work with the epub/pdf/WOL 
 
@mods: I think we can close this thread
We don't "close threads" unless the discussion has degenerated and the participants have become argumentative. So unless you plan on starting a fight, we'll be leaving the topic open. :)

Once members stop posting, the topic will drop off the index page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pity.
It would be useful in a couple of months when we move into book of Acts
 

It might well be. If not, the quotes in the workbook are there, and also the links to the publication in the Research Guide—2018 under Scriptures Explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 7:24 AM, Thesauron said:


It might well be. If not, the quotes in the workbook are there, and also the links to the publication in the Research Guide—2018 under Scriptures Explained.

I keep forgetting about that ‘Scriptures Explained’ part!

Edited by ChrisC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont suppose anyone has the technical skills to know how to convert an epub (or even pdf) into a jwpub file of this book?
I expect this would be a closely guarded secured and secret process. If anyone could add a file to the library app, that could go horribly wrong, especially if they had evil intent.

Older {waiting for wiser}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I expect this would be a closely guarded secured and secret process. If anyone could add a file to the library app, that could go horribly wrong, especially if they had evil intent. emoji49.png

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png
 

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "closely guarded secured and secret process" on this internet age.... Just keep an eye on what your sources are and you'll be safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you understand my meaning. I am sure that it would be very hard (if not nigh impossible) for anyone to add a publication to the library app. Otherwise, the channel of food from the F&DS could become contaminated by those with evil intent.
I agree to check the sources of the internet, but I am not sure how this would in any way affect flow of approved publications into our library app.. Just speculating...

Older {waiting for wiser}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Not sure if you understand my meaning. I am sure that it would be very hard (if not nigh impossible) for anyone to add a publication to the library app. Otherwise, the channel of food from the F&DS could become contaminated by those with evil intent.
I agree to check the sources of the internet, but I am not sure how this would in any way affect flow of approved publications into our library app.. Just speculating...

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png
 

What I meant is that it is possible to circunvent the encription withing the JWPUB format in order to convert any document into JWPUB .So my advice is to not search for it in the internet nor insert any JWPUB into the app that as not came directly from the slave. I was not saying that it was possible that someone with evil intention could insert a pub into the flow from the slave to our app's

 

For instance the elders book is on JWPUB format but you don't download it from the regular flow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Books that come through the proper channel can be added to the library app. These come from responsible and trusted channels.
I expect the encryption to insert a book into the app would be very 'secret and secure'... but it's not the first time I would be wrong.
If it was easy and simple to add a book to 'our' app , there are enough trouble makers to derail the app. But I would be interested who did it, and what was inserted... and why...
Let's trust I never find out.

Older {waiting for wiser}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

I agree. Books that come through the proper channel can be added to the library app. These come from responsible and trusted channels.
I expect the encryption to insert a book into the app would be very 'secret and secure'... but it's not the first time I would be wrong.
If it was easy and simple to add a book to 'our' app , there are enough trouble makers to derail the app. But I would be interested who did it, and what was inserted... and why...
Let's trust I never find out.

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png
 

Some time ago I investigated about because I wanted to make some changes to the format (before the notes came out) and found out that there were people researching on that to (and not with the best intentions). I forget about it but just now I see that there are already conversion possibilities ---> Don't advice anyone to open any link about it. Just guess who are the interested ones in doing those kind of things. They abandon the organization but still are very interested in carrying around our publications (most probably there are "big" ones inside the organization  in lamb skin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it would be great if the FDS imminently released it as a JWPUB file (ready for the book of Acts next month) to use within the app..

The study Bible for Acts is great but it doesnt have anywhere near the total information in the Bearing Witness book.

As the app is the main tool, it would be so neat in there.

 

But if they dont, the pdf will have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 19.2.1 by Robert Angle (changelog)