JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Download videos with subtitles

On 8/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, momma said:

Why can I not download the original videos with the subtitles?  I did it before, now I can’t.  I checked the settings and I have subtitles, checked.   Also is 720 the largest size file for those videos?  Any help will be appreciated 

This is happening with the videos in English for the last three or four months. The brothers changed something in the way those subtitles are displayed and now the only way to see them is by playing the video online. It doesn't happen with other languages.

It seems they no longer provide any subtitled videos in English for download. I find it frustrating too because English is not my first language and the subtitles helped a lot. Maybe they will fix them later.

Regarding resolution, yes, 720 is the highest. It has enough quality for the videos to be view on a big screen tv.

Edited by carlos

3 hours ago, momma said:

Thanks Bro. Carlos. I thought I was really missing something.   Guess I’ll have to do it the hard way.   I love having the music videos with lyrics to download and watch off line.   

It is possible to merge mp4 and vtt into one mp4 file.
This can then be played offline.
This is possible with "Handbrake".
I prepared "Brotherly Love" as a pattern.
Please send me your e-mail address (PM - not here in public)
and the names of the songs you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Br. Providence, do you mean you can't download it from the "media" button in your Midweek Workbook for September 3, 2018?  Or do you mean you can't find it for download as a separate video on our JW Broadcasting site?

It should be on you JW Library app right now.  It will probably be uploaded to the broadcasting site when the wekk is over for its use in the meeting, I think.  If you go to the "Organizational Accomplishments" thread, someone has posted a link there already.

21 minutes ago, Providence said:

Just checked but couldn't find it.  Not the broadcast,  mean org accomplishments for September 2018. Neither on TV.org, am I pressing something's wrong?

But we watched that video last week, didn't we?

If you have JW Library installed on your tablet or your phone, just go to Meetings, click on the Calendar icon to change the date to last week, and in the part title Organizational Accomplishments just click on the link.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, carlos said:

This is happening with the videos in English for the last three or four months. The brothers changed something in the way those subtitles are displayed and now the only way to see them is by playing the video online. It doesn't happen with other languages.

It seems they no longer provide any subtitled videos in English for download. I find it frustrating too because English is not my first language and the subtitles helped a lot. Maybe they will fix them later.

Regarding resolution, yes, 720 is the highest. It has enough quality for the videos to be view on a big screen tv.

I miss having the subtitles when I watch the JWB on my TV. The brothers conducting speak clearly enough that I don't miss too much of what they say, but it's much harder when it's an experience, such as the 99 yo brother this week..I really wanted to hear what he was saying..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

14 hours ago, carlos said:

But we watched that video last week, didn't we?

If you have JW Library installed on your tablet or your phone, just go to Meetings, click on the Calendar icon to change the date to last week, and in the part title Organizational Accomplishments just click on the link.

yes I did that but missing