JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for September 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1970 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

FIVE FULL weekends this month; a wonderful opportunity to auxillary

I plan to Aux Pio next month, it's been a long time since I put in the full 50 hours. Our congregation was rearranged several months ago and we inherited several pioneers and one of the young sisters in our congregation just graduated from High School and immediately turned in her Reg Pio application, so the new service year will start out very well and i want to be part of it..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I plan to Aux Pio next month, it's been a long time since I put in the full 50 hours. Our congregation was rearranged several months ago and we inherited several pioneers and one of the young sisters in our congregation just graduated from High School and immediately turned in her Reg Pio application, so the new service year will start out very well and i want to be part of it..

I too, am doing 50 hours for the first time in forever! I have butterflies, but need to rely on Jehovah more.

Yay to that young sister!!

We have a sixteen year old sister here - regular pioneering - she's been in a wheelchair all her life, not just because she can't walk, but she has a muscle condition where she can't even hold herself up properly - has had to have her spine fused so she's upright and can breathe properly ... if she gets a cold she can't cough like you and I - and expel phlegm. She, along with many young ones, are a huge inspiration and she's partly the reason for me moving ahead in my ministry (along with encouragement from ones on here and my darling husband) - if she can do it - so can I. 

As far as the broadcasting goes, I hope there's something that can help us all improve in the quality of our ministries no matter our circumstances. The more we have to work on ... the more we won't be distracted by the storms around us - that are about to get worse. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&amp;issue=201809&amp;langwritten=e

Just a reminder:

This link will not show anything until the brothers upload the video file which is usually done early in the morning, New York time, on the first Monday of the month. The brothers generally put the links to the file on JWB several hours later, so this link provides access several hours early. It will also show any other videos that are uploaded in September.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/30/2018 at 9:37 PM, Tortuga said:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&amp;issue=201809&amp;langwritten=e

Just a reminder:

This link will not show anything until the brothers upload the video file which is usually done early in the morning, New York time, on the first Monday of the month. The brothers generally put the links to the file on JWB several hours later, so this link provides access several hours early. It will also show any other videos that are uploaded in September.

Thanks Richard, Download now available....😄

JW Broadcasting—September 2018MP4  (108 MB)

JW Broadcasting—September 2018MP4. (163 MB)

JW Broadcasting—September 2018MP4. (308 MB)

JW Broadcasting—September 2018MP4. (513 MB)

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Nice song this month. It's called Do Not Be Afraid. For those who would like to listen to it on their phones and/or mp3 player :headphones:, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my collection of original songs and other stuff (I'm not sure what to call that folder now). 

I'll let someone else work on posting the lyrics. (It's not my specialty.) :D

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Nice song this month. It's called Do Not Be Afraid. For those who would like to listen to it on their phones and/or mp3 player :headphones:, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my collection of original songs and other stuff (I'm not sure what to call that folder now). 

I'll let someone else work on posting the lyrics. (It's not my specialty.) :D

Thank you.  I just got through watching the broadcast on my phone from clicking on the link shared on this topic.  Thank you so much.

43 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

JWB Sept 2018 Transcript:

JWB Sept 2018.pdf

Thank you. I wanted to look up the magazines they mentioned in the broadcast. The transcript helps so that I don't have to scan the entire video to find it. Thanks for all your efforts.

Yet another scrumptious serving of spiritual sustenance.

As I was watching, I happened to glance down and I could not believe 36 minutes of the program had already passed!

A few points I intend to ruminate on...^_^

Spoiler

Four ways the world can shape our thinking:

1- Harmful peer pressure  2Peter 2:18,19

2- Enticing advertisements lead to a materialistic life 1John 2:15,16 and 17 The world and its

desires are passing away.  Turn off Satan and his ads.

3-Bad association=who we CHOOSE to spend a lot of time with  1Cor.15:33

1Cor. 15:12 bad=associates who do not share our beliefs.  Their thinking  affects our thinking. 

1Cor. 15:32

4- Pursuing higher education  extremely dangerous, as its purpose is to influence our thinking

Unscriptural thinking.  1Tim. 6:20,21

Summary:  Allow JEHOVAH to do the molding and shaping of our thinking.

We were bought with a price.  1Cor.6:20

17 Episodes of a new video series "Principles for Daily Living"

Episode shown based on box in Chapter Six of God's Love book, "What entertainment should I choose?"

Benefits of DIVINE correction:  A proper view of discipline keeps us CLOSE to Jehovah.

Humility is required Prov. 3:11,12  View it as coming directly from Jehovah, himself.

Hebrews 12:11 Painful yet yields peaceable fruit

Soooooooooooo delectable!!!:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Rosanne,

The scriptures in Peter were excellent, because, many in the world recognize that Jehovah's Witnesses have certain restrictions on their behavior. So to entice us, they claim that leaving the truth is accepting an offer of "freedom". Freedom from what, exactly?

How can a "slave" offer you freedom when he is a slave himself? The people in the world are a slave to something; smoking, drinking, money, immorality and so on. In essence, leaving the truth only means exchanging one master for another.

That was the main point I really appreciated from this month's JWB.

Edited by Bob

18 hours ago, sunshine said:

GLASS.png

Or...it will make a great topic of conversation sitting on a mantelpiece when friends come to visit.  For example:

Guest:  "Hi Sandra! Hey! What's that on your mantel?!

Sandra: "Oh yes, it's a quaint little souvenir I picked up from the North. Can you guess what it is?

Guest:  :confused: 

Sandra: Well..it's a crystal standalone bubble umbrella!! :D

Guest:  :huh:

Sandra: "Truly one-of-a-kind because the other one was carelessly dropped on the floor.

Guest:  Hmm! I see why.

Sandra: "I'm sorry, what did you say?

Guest: Oh..nothing!

Edited by Omoyeme

7 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Or...it will make a great topic of conversation sitting on a mantelpiece when friends come to visit.  For example:

Guest:  "Hi Sandra! Hey! What's that on your mantel?!

Sandra: "Oh yes, it's a quaint little souvenir I picked up from the North. Can you guess what it is?

I was going to say...bottomless 'snow-globe' .....😎

On 9/5/2018 at 7:46 AM, sunshine said:

You never forget Brother Flodin's illustrations, I still remember the spoilt bread one for grieving the spirit (Eph 4:30) and now....

GLASS.png

You can almost make this work - just insert a straw :) (of course you can't put it down, but that's a problem for another day).

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)