JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who applied for Special/International conventions this year?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1926 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:20 AM, LRJW said:

We really want to meet the brothers working the mobile displays around there! 

They usually stand next to the red double -Decker tourist (hop-on) bus departure stop

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

58 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

so ...looks like they are dealing with these conventions already;

Atlanta, Georgia May 17th    

Miami Spanish May 24th

Mexico June 7th 

Berlin, Germany June 14th 

Ecuador June 14th 

>:D<

A friend heard they were accepted to Monterrey, Mexico.  

Ecuador was our 2nd choice - but wouldn't mind being selected for that!

On 9/2/2018 at 8:49 AM, DarinS said:

In the US we received notice of Special and international conventions for 2019

largest group of conventions ever they mentioned

Anybody here apply?

where did you apply ....and what made you choose those assemblies?

we had the announcement read  a week after everyone ...since we had the regional convention 

My family was real excited....we are applying to go (Greece, Argentina,Brazil,Ecuador)

would have loved to try Australia or South Africa but it is extremely expensive to get us there.......

we did attend in Finland previously and the kids and wife still say it was our Best Spiritual Experience EVER

Has anyone here attended or applied to a Special Convention

I applied for the 2019 International convention. My group was accepted for Portugal.

15 hours ago, Ruecatt said:

I applied for the 2019 International convention. My group was accepted for Portugal.

Congratulations Cynthia, and welcome to the forum.  

I hope you get to visit the Branch in Portugal during your visit.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

5 hours ago, Sylv said:

June convention dates appear to have their first set of invites out. Now on to July and beyond :) 

Indeed, I think July starts tomorrow and August starts in the middle of November, and the New World starts....🕚..😂

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 10/31/2018 at 10:43 AM, Sylv said:

June convention dates appear to have their first set of invites out. Now on to July and beyond :) 

So I guess we didn't get accepted to go to Ecuador.  :crying:

Next up: Athens and Paris.  

54 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Wow

Family just got accepted for Athens Greece

yes it was our first choice...well my daughters first choice and we went along with it 

I was secretly hoping for one that is much more affordable.....lol

but I’m very excited .... now to work on paying for it

That is 3rd on our list.  Paris is our first.  Did you get notified by email from the branch, or by email from the secretary?

7 hours ago, LRJW said:

That is 3rd on our list.  Paris is our first.  Did you get notified by email from the branch, or by email from the secretary?

So if your not Group Leader you won't get an email???...guess I can stop stalking my email...lol

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, Sylv said:

LOL, it looks like Utrecht is not a popular choice :) I hope that improves my chance :D 

I know a couple here that have made it their first choice ~ and it would be mine if I were able.

I hope that you do get to go - It would be so nice for everyone to get their choices :)

17 hours ago, NW2018 said:

I know a couple here that have made it their first choice ~ and it would be mine if I were able.

I hope that you do get to go - It would be so nice for everyone to get their choices :)

It’s on our list as well!

On another note, A family from our hall (Spanish group) just got notified that they have been accepted for Ecuador!

Edited by miacheck

Wanted to add to it.

Got accepted into Houston. Heard of ones in our cong invited to Athens and Miami. No word on Denmark/Philippines.

Does anyone know how the US bethel tours are organized? The website just says a survey will be compiled on delegates visiting US international conventions and their preferred time of visiting. I should perhaps be patient and wait for that info to come out, but I want to plan for the trip to NY. So if anybody has any more details I’d be happy to hear them.

It looks like you can’t make a booking to the US Bethels in July (time of the Houston international) as it’s all booked out. Is it reserved with delegates in mind?