JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Taking Notes...

What app do you like for taking notes?

I recently started using Notepad JW and it looks like a good app. Does anyone use it and how do you organize your notes?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Hi Richard,

Are you using Android or Apple?

Android, however this topic is open to both.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

These are paid apps on Apple but I really like these:

I prefer these apps because they have many more note taking abilities, such as highlighting, drawing, annotate, and images.

I think for us to improve in our note taking, it is good to include some "visuals", so besides just highlighting, it is really helpful if we can add a quick drawing in our notes(simple things like an arrow connecting two thoughts together or 2 scriptures that connect, or drawing the Bible as a double edged sword, or the helmet of salvation, tree of knowledge, etc), these can be just basic drawings, nothing detailed. I can't draw well at all. But these little drawings help.

OR you can add an image to the note you want, either later or if you have some time during the talk you can quickly add an image. Then when reviewing our notes later, the visual images/drawings help us to recall and remember the points easier! (tu)

This is why "Mind Mapping" is helping some brothers and sisters as a better method of taking notes, preparing talks. There are other apps for Mind Mapping, but if a person prefers notes then I like the 2 apps above. :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Notability, here. I take the notes, while I am taping. When I miss something, I type in, check notes. The recording will go to where you are touching the screen. A good talk on the end of this system today. I don’t always tape and take notes, but I did today. And, they aren’t hard to organize. I just have to do it. 

The big drawback is if you get a new device. I’ve lost more then I want to think about. 

Its an Apple product.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I use OneNote. It's perfect for me. I have several Notebooks. For instance; Public Talks, Life and Ministry Meeting, Circuit Assembly, Personal Bible study, Fieldservice (For field Service presentations, discussions etc.) and more. It Synchronises instantly so it's there right away on my Phone, Tablet, Laptop and PC.  (Don't watch my Handwriting :eek:)

Notes.JPG

I use Notepad Jw - it has all the programs for Conventions and Assemblies, it also highlights and shows the scriptures as you type them.

I have different categories, - Public Talks is my biggest folder. I am currently collecting my favourite talks both from the past and more recent talks from jwbroadcasting. My Father, who was not in the truth made us girls (three of us) take a secretarial course, where we learnt and became proficient in typing, shorthand and other related skills. Which, now, I'm very pleased he did - I've used these skills to support my pioneering in the past and presently it is the base of my job. But also, enables me to type verbatim, public talks. I don't do all, but those that I want to keep. 

I use Android. 

Loving this app - it makes it very easy to edit and store for quick reference and you don't need to bring up another app separately to look at the scriptures as they are read. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 9/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, molnarj said:

I use OneNote. It's perfect for me. I have several Notebooks. For instance; Public Talks, Life and Ministry Meeting, Circuit Assembly, Personal Bible study, Fieldservice (For field Service presentations, discussions etc.) and more. It Synchronises instantly so it's there right away on my Phone, Tablet, Laptop and PC. 

I tried Onenote and EverNote and they both have more functionality than i need and are a little less intuitive than I'd like. I'm hoping for something simple like Notepad JW that will sync across several devices.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, Tortuga said:

What app do you like for taking notes?

I recently started using Notepad JW and it looks like a good app. Does anyone use it and how do you organize your notes?

As I am  busy with many tasks,  My wife takes notes.  I do not need another application.   :lol:

Agape

I use OneNote. It's perfect for me. I have several Notebooks. For instance; Public Talks, Life and Ministry Meeting, Circuit Assembly, Personal Bible study, Fieldservice (For field Service presentations, discussions etc.) and more. It Synchronises instantly so it's there right away on my Phone, Tablet, Laptop and PC.  (Don't watch my Handwriting :eek:)

Notes.thumb.JPG.0dfb6129f38cca1014d02dc879cecb6a.JPG

What did you say brother? Lol. They're your notes, not mine!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

These are paid apps on Apple but I really like these:
I prefer these apps because they have many more note taking abilities, such as highlighting, drawing, annotate, and images.
I think for us to improve in our note taking, it is good to include some "visuals", so besides just highlighting, it is really helpful if we can add a quick drawing in our notes(simple things like an arrow connecting two thoughts together or 2 scriptures that connect, or drawing the Bible as a double edged sword, or the helmet of salvation, tree of knowledge, etc), these can be just basic drawings, nothing detailed. I can't draw well at all. But these little drawings help.

OR you can add an image to the note you want, either later or if you have some time during the talk you can quickly add an image. Then when reviewing our notes later, the visual images/drawings help us to recall and remember the points easier! (tu)

This is why "Mind Mapping" is helping some brothers and sisters as a better method of taking notes, preparing talks. There are other apps for Mind Mapping, but if a person prefers notes then I like the 2 apps above. 

I have writing and drawing capability on my Ipad Pro.
Yvonne

• 2 weeks later...

I have writing and drawing capability on my Ipad Pro.
Yvonne

What do you use for a pen? Apple pen seems kind of expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I do have the ipad keyboard, so I never thought about writing

12 hours ago, Adrianne said:

I do have the ipad keyboard, so I never thought about writing

Hi Sister Adrienne! I do use the Apple Pen because I just cannot write “well” with my little old fat fingertips! Even in the bank or anywhere I’m told “sign on the computer”, I fumble ridiculously. But I also use the IPad Pro Keyboard. I have ADD and I easily get bored repeating the same steps all the time. I have trained my self to watch the JW Broadcast all the way thru w/o feeling that I s/b doing something else at the same time! That’s a byproduct of ADD. BUT anywho, I use both keypad and Apple Pencil. Ok, back to the topic, for the Circuit Assembly Notebooks, I downloaded the one with lines so that I can write rather than always rely on the keyboard. Thanks by the way for the notebooks! 😉 I use to print them out but even in blk/wht w/ only the top sheet in color, I was paying about $30 plus at Staples Copy Center. 

Voni in NC

12 hours ago, Adrianne said:

My 2cents: For me the Apple pen has been a great investment. I was able to purchase one on eBay for a lower price.  The 5B9C7111-73BB-4438-86EB-9CF9DFB3CC0B.thumb.jpeg.c6b1a6ef8bd51a963c9862504c98d11b.jpegpen does seem to be a bit slick to grip but a silicone sleeve(also eBay purchase) resolved that quite nicely.  

I also do use Notablty almost exclusively.