JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peter and Sue Schulz: A Trauma Can Be Overcome

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2030 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Remember the interview on JW Broadcasting on the couple who survived the KH bombing in Sydney in 1985?  Excellent boost to encourage us to stay positive, whatever trauma we are going through.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwbiv_201603_2_VIDEO

9 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Remember the interview on JW Broadcasting on the couple who survived the KH bombing in Sydney in 1985?  Excellent boost to encourage us to stay positive, whatever trauma we are going through.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwbiv_201603_2_VIDEO

Yes I read the full aticle straight after I watched it...WOW! What courage they showed under such devastating circumstances. 

Who know what we will face asthis system nears its end! 

And they are still very active and happy despite such trauma. My (adult) children spent some time with them in Oslo last month. As a reminder, I went and found the video to review...
I still remember where I was when I heard the news out in field service. I had just finished a door, got to the front gate, when the householder came running out to tell me he just heard 'breaking news.' I was hoping he mixed up the religions, or got it wrong. But no.
How time flies!

Older {waiting for wiser}

And they are still very active and happy despite such trauma. My (adult) children spent some time with them in Oslo last month.

They was out in the field service with our congregation when they visited the convention in Oslo this summer.

Very humble and wounderfull couple.

A nice story from the visit: At the harbor, delegates and other brothers and sisters could take a boat inside the Oslo Fjord. The crew did not believe us when we said we did not know each other. So they would test us if it was correct. One of the crew members stood next to someone who spoke together. The questions were about, where do you come from, how many are you in your congregation? So this man said to the others, its true that they do not know each other.

The crew became very familiar with the song "A taste of paradise" so they played it all the time and learned it and singing a long. 14 days after the convention, a couple (JW) should celebrate their wedding day, they did not say they were JW. After a while, the crew put on the song, A taste of paradise. the guests said, that's our song.

Then one in the crew said to another crew member, dint I tell you, they are also JW, they behaved the same as the people 14 days ago. :)