JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Bishop Apologizes for Touching Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's Funeral "

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2052 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.eonline.com/news/964843/bishop-apologizes-for-touching-ariana-grande-at-aretha-franklin-s-funeral

Supposedly an accident... but looking at the pictures it looked like he knew what he was doing, and you can tell by her body language.

"I don't know, I guess I put my arm around her," Ellis continued. "Maybe I crossed the border, maybe I was too friendly or familiar but again, I apologize...I hug all the female artists and the male artists. Everybody that was up, I shook their hands and hugged them. That's what we are all about in the church. We are all about love."

Edited by EccentricM

This funeral service was really disappointing. It served as nothing more than a stage for publicity hungry preachers and those with social and political agendas. I watched some of it, and it was really embarrassing. Trump, black lives matter, and black on black crime was the topic of many speakers. It was supposed to be about the life of Franklin. But you cannot allocate 9 hours to repeating the same stuff about a single person. It was bound to go right off of the rails.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

This funeral service was really disappointing. It served as nothing more than a stage for publicity hungry preachers and those with social and political agendas. I watched some of it, and it was really embarrassing. Trump, black lives matter, and black on black crime was the topic of many speakers. It was supposed to be about the life of Franklin. But you cannot allocate 9 hours to repeating the same stuff about a single person. It was bound to go right off of the rails.

I agree it was embarrassing, it was more about the people and all the money that they spend on the service just to go into a crypt, based on what I heard she was not buried in the ground.