JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Stormswift

Keto, IF and OMAD...

3 hours ago, Myew said:

ears twitch* Did someone say Keto...? I have been summoned!¬†ūüźą¬†Manic Writing¬†State Induced

¬†I was literally looking at this thread wondering where you were.¬† If I ever see 130 lbs again in my lifetime, I would¬†not IF either. ūüėā My body fights tooth and nail to hold on to these fat cells. I have accepted that this is¬†going to always be a fight until the day comes where we are all naturally healthy.¬†

SKD, TKD, or CKD...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Standard Keto Diet
Targeted Keto Diet
Cyclical Keto Diet

For you that want to strength train/exercise on Keto... here is a good, but not only, resource:

https://ketogains.com/welcome-to-ketogains

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

I was literally looking at this thread wondering where you were.¬† If I ever see 1ÔĽŅ30 lbs again in my lifetime, I would¬†not IF either. ūüėā My body fights tooth and nail to hold on to these fat cells.ÔĽŅÔĽŅ I have accepted that this is¬†going to always be a fight until the day comes where we are all naturally healthy.¬†ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

Ironically enough, I've been avoiding the forums for a bit as it gets too stressful for me to keep up with or write with obsessive compulsions. That's part of why it's better that I avoid intermittent fasting until absolutely necessary and warn people who might have other health implications. If you have or are prone to chronically elevated cortisol and blood sugar dysregulation due to chronic adrenal fatigue, sleep disorders, infections, etc, then intermittent fasting can contribute to the cortisol issue which will hinder you from shedding belly fat or raising insulin sensitivity. Being in a chronically revved up metabolic state not only burns through your nutrition on neurotransmitters and hormones quickly but also inhibits digestion, meaning that you need to eat more quantity or higher quality (organ meats, liver) along with supplements to help break down the food in order to get an adequate amount of micronutrients.

Learning how to cope with these frail bodies can be such a pain right now, for sure... but I find it so amazing at times how researching and coming to understand this biology and applying it on the individual level has improved my relationship with and trust in Jehovah. Even in a sinful and fundamentally broken state our bodies have an unbelievably amazing ability to adapt and heal, and we have even been given the mental ability to biohack our own bodies for optimal performance... it's the most metaphysical experience that I know of. What other God except Jehovah would be so gracious with us sinners? We need courage to keep on fighting, even against our own flesh, so that we can give our best service to Jehovah as a sacrifice of praise.

(Psalm 139:14) I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know this very well.
(2 Corinthians 3:17) Now Jehovah is the Spirit, and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.
(Galatians 5:1) For such freedom Christ set us free. Therefore, stand firm, and do not let yourselves be confined again in a yoke of slavery.

16 minutes ago, Myew said:

Even in a sinful and fundamentally broken state our bodies have an unbelievably amazing ability to adapt and heal, and we have even been given the mental ability to biohack our own bodies for optimal performance...

I too think that's marvellous.  :thumbsup:

How right down to the last dregs of this system we are still able to function with much of our abilities is a testament to our wonderful Creator. 

9 hours ago, Myew said:

you have or are prone to chronically elevated cortisol and blood sugar dysregulation due to chronic adrenal fatigue, sleep disorders, infections, etc, then intermittent fasting can contribute to the cortisol issue which will hinder you from shedding belly fat or raising insulin sensitivity.

And this absolutely would be the case with me. Sigh. Cortisol. I can not seem to get it under control. My health problems are so much better, but this stubborn belly fat will not go. 

I see so many people start keto and not only feel better, but lose all kinds of weight pretty easily. It's hard not to feel a little envious. For the effort that I put into this way of eating, I should be thin.