JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

I make 3/4 cup hot water and put in 1 tsp honey and 1 tbs vinegar, drink it like a hot beverage. I think I'll switch to stevia tomorrow. Its so good my mouth waters when I make it, even now as I'm talking about it.😊

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

I make 3/4 cup hot water and put in 1 tsp honey and 1 tbs vinegar, drink it like a hot beverage. I think I'll switch to stevia tomorrow. Its so good my mouth waters when I make it, even now as I'm talking about it.😊

Mmmm...drinking it hot does sound yummy.  I will try it with a little erythritol.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Found a Keto chocolate mug cake tonight.

INGREDIENTS

Cake Batter

1.5 tbsp butter melted

2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

1 large egg

1 tbsp coconut flour

2 tbsp almond flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp Stevia or any keto sweetener 

1 pinch salt optional

Topping

1 tbsp walnut chopped

1 tbsp sour cream

INSTRUCTIONS

Prepare the mug and all the ingredients. Place the butter in the mug and microwave for 15 seconds to melt.

Add the cocoa powder in the melted butter. Crack the egg in the mug as well. Stir thoroughly with a fork.

Gradually combine all of the remaining ingredients (except the toppings) into the mug while stirring. Fold everything together until smooth.Remember to fill only 2/3 of the cup to prevent spilling the batter when cooking.

Put the mug in the microwave for another 1.5 - 2 minutes depending on your mug size. Make sure to check to prevent the cake from becoming too dry or burnt.

RECIPE NOTES

Macros (per serving of 1 cake, no topping): Calories: 295 – Fat: 27.1g – Net carbs: 4.8g (total carbs: 9.5g, dietary fiber: 4.7g) – Protein: 10.1g

Macros (per serving of 1 cake, including topping): Calories: 369 – Fat: 34.2g – Net carbs: 5.6g (total carbs: 10.8g, dietary fiber: 5.2g) – Protein: 12.4g

Typical Keto, but I’d make it again.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

9 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I wish there was a recipe for non-microwave. I do not microwave anything, don't even own one.

Only non-microwave one I found was not Keto friendly. Sorry. I was looking on Pinterest 

I started keto about two weeks ago.   I started for both reasons,  to get healthier and to lose weight.   I feel great when I don't fill up on a lot of sugar and flour.    But also I want to lose about 30 lbs.   I'm not strict, so I haven't really watched how many carbs,  I  have lost about four lbs.   I'm hoping to come off my blood pressure medicine. I also believe that the more medications we take then we have to take another pill to off set those side effects.         I have more energy.  

I plan on making it a lifestyle change.  

11 minutes ago, Flabelle said:

I started keto about two weeks ago.   I started for both reasons,  to get healthier and to lose weight.   I feel great when I don't fill up on a lot of sugar and flour.    But also I want to lose about 30 lbs.   I'm not strict, so I haven't really watched how many carbs,  I  have lost about four lbs.   I'm hoping to come off my blood pressure medicine. I also believe that the more medications we take then we have to take another pill to off set those side effects.         I have more energy.  

I plan on making it a lifestyle change.  

That would be great if this helps get you off your meds. 

Yes, I definitely needed a change in eating habits. I Quit processed foods from local Holiday convenience store (gas station). Quit soda with only 1 failure for a month. 

Having to cook for myself I lived on carbs and sugar.  ☹️ And anything that I could just grab and run. 

Hoping my next bloodwork shows lower chloresteral and trigs. I refuse to go on statins. 

O and definitely my A1C. 

Okay, I’m stumped. 

I’m thinking of trying to make my own Ranch dressing. But I do not like mayonnaise ot Djorn(?) Mustard. 

Looking for recipes has been a flop.

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Okay, I’m stumped. 

I’m thinking of trying to make my own Ranch dressing. But I do not like mayonnaise ot Djorn(?) Mustard. 

Looking for recipes has been a flop.

I just use Newman's Own Ranch.

Only 2 grams of carbs.  

Store bought is quite costly, though.  

So if you find a recipe that works, 

Please share.^_^

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Perhaps consider making your own mayonnaise it's not that hard. Then you'll be able to make your ranch dressing.

I guess I’ll have to go back and find the recipes that I saw...((((((shudder))))))

Think I found it. I didn’t think about putting uncooked eggs into something till I naturally saw someone post about it.Anyway I found one.

Ingredients (1 cup = 255 ML)
  • 1 cup oil any neutral flavoured
  • ½ cup full cream milk chilled.   I’m assuming I can simply use hwc. 
  • ½ tsp sugar
  • salt to taste
  • ½ tsp mustard powder / mustard sauce
  • ½ tsp pepper crushed
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vinegar
Instructions
  1. firstly, in a large mixing bowl or in a food processor take oil.
  2. further add milk. use full cream cold milk to get thick and creamy mayo.
  3. also add sugar, salt, mustard powder and pepper.
  4. additionally, add lemon juice and vinegar. this acts as preservative and helps to store mayo for longer time.
  5. now blend with a hand blender or stick blender till the milk and oil combines.
  6. further, the mixture begins to thicken and emulsify.
  7. after 7-8 minutes the mixture turns thick and creamy mayonnaise.
  8. now scrape the bowl and transfer to a bowl or glass container to store.
  9. spread the eggless mayo over bread and serve.
  10. finally, eggless mayonnaise can be stored at least for a week when refrigerated.

I just watched a fascinating video on Type 2 Diabetes, which is what I was headed for, prior to going KETO:

So logical.  Makes you wonder if the medical profession is influenced more by the big drug companies,

than they are by logic and basic biology.  With most doctors, it's still all about medicating the symptoms,

and little focus is ever directed at eliminating the actual CAUSE for your symptoms.  Very sad...:unsure:

Which is why we really, really, really need 'Doctor' Michael^_^

376521592_DoctorMichael.thumb.jpg.4e58f878ae06440db3802c0269a31e6a.jpg

Doctors are definitely in league with the pharmaceutical companies. That’s how they get their free samples and such. 

AMA probably is too.

Yeah, i’ve been pre-diabetic for sometime now. 

Edited by Loopy

O did I get a surprise comment after the meeting tonight.

A brother and his wife have been doing this Keto thing for a couple years now. 

I had mentioned to his wife a couple weeks ago out in service that I was giving this a try now for a month. 

I had put on my jacket and was getting ready to leave. The brother ☺️ said, “Linda, are you loosing weight!” 

O my goodness, that really hit my ♥️. I said, “you can tell with my jacket on?”

He said yes. 

Than we talked about different foods and such. 

I’m telling yah friends, I am on cloud  9 right now. 😁😁😁😁😁

O, the meeting was great too. ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Edited by Loopy

I have been doing keto for over a year now. A sister said to me am melting away.I lost a lot of weight.I was almost 90kg to 72kg.i loved it.Some where along the way this year I was kicked out of ketosis trying to maintain so up i go to 78kg.Am on the track again for few days now.I must say I was so happy to see keto ,IF on this platform.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've been wondering why the weight is not melting off because I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do.

Yesterday I talked to the fella who cuts my hair, he and his wife have lost a lot of weight with Keto, he said eliminate all Dairy and then weight will just fall off. So starting today all Dairy will be eliminated. A good test to see if he's right.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've been wondering why the weight is not melting off because I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do.

Yesterday I talked to the fella who cuts my hair, he and his wife have lost a lot of weight with Keto, he said eliminate all Dairy and then weight will just fall off. So starting today all Dairy will be eliminated. A good test to see if he's right.

I posted this same thought twice hahaha I guess I'm agreeing with myself, possibly just another blonde moment 

Edited by bagwell1987

Lactose is a sugar. An 8oz glass of dairy milk is around 11g of carbohydrates. That's about 1/2 of the total carbohydrates you want in an entire day.
I recommend reading some of the guides and using the calculators here: https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/

Edited by Myew

2 hours ago, Myew said:

Lactose is a sugar. An 8oz glass of dairy milk is around 11g of carbohydrates. That's about 1/2 of the total carbohydrates you want in an entire day.
I recommend reading some of the guides and using the calculators here: https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/

Good information.

I already feel better not having creamer in my coffee this morning. I didn't know that it was causing my stomach to feel a little heavy. So it'll be very interesting to see how this little experiment goes

I have a coconut oil based creamer from Laird SuperFood. The one I have is Cacao and it's a little sweet for me, not being a sweets eater. So I need to get the unflavored non-dairy creamer from Laird next time I go to the Natural Food Store. But actually I'm enjoying no creamer in the coffee. Now when I drink tea... That's a totally different story I have to have something in it

Edited by bagwell1987