JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

Here is an easy way to microwave perfect bacon:

Find two clear glass pie plates.  One should be just a tad bit bigger than the other, but it will work if both are the same size, too.

IMG_20181130_142145.thumb.jpg.135346ed17a891e702cce1652e8c8774.jpg

COMPLETELY line the larger plate with strips of bacon, trying not to overlap too much.

Screenshot_2018-11-30-14-01-03.thumb.jpg.f69f0c708eca855d09abe216726fa3e7.jpg

Place the smaller plate over the larger plate

Screenshot_2018-11-30-14-01-26.thumb.jpg.7c8fc984d7d9d20479c5df18167c8bba.jpg

and place them in the microwave.

You will need to time the cooking for your individual microwave.  MY microwave takes 8 minutes.

I keep the two plates together until I drain off the drippings, then VOILA!

You have perfectly flat, evenly cooked bacon:

IMG_20181130_143209.thumb.jpg.0e386b5c48bdf5b7238b777724b1d3e7.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 11/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, bagwell1987 said:

I wish there was a recipe for non-microwave. I do not microwave anything, don't even own one.

Ive successfully made light n fluffy chocolate cake in a frying pan. Cut a round piece of parchement paper for a top and bottom and treat it like a small pancake. Heat has to be rather low so you dont burn it. 3 or less.  and cover the pan to keep heat sealed in. Takes practice but its doable. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Here is an easy way to microwave perfect bacon:
Find two clear glass pie plates.  One should be just a tad bit bigger than the other, but it will work if both are the same size, too.
IMG_20181130_142145.thumb.jpg.135346ed17a891e702cce1652e8c8774.jpg

COMPLETELY line the larger plate with strips of bacon, trying not to overlap too much.
Screenshot_2018-11-30-14-01-03.thumb.jpg.f69f0c708eca855d09abe216726fa3e7.jpg

Place the smaller plate over the larger plate
Screenshot_2018-11-30-14-01-26.thumb.jpg.7c8fc984d7d9d20479c5df18167c8bba.jpg
and place them in the microwave.
You will need to time the cooking for your individual microwave.  MY microwave takes 8 minutes.
I keep the two plates together until I drain off the drippings, then VOILA!
You have perfectly flat, evenly cooked bacon:
IMG_20181130_143209.thumb.jpg.0e386b5c48bdf5b7238b777724b1d3e7.jpg

Please tell me that you drank the drippings or at least saved the drippings for later? Like for cooking or bacon dripping dipping... I'm sorry this belongs on the daily bacon thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Please tell me that you drank the drippings emoji6.png or at least saved the drippings for later? Like for cooking emoji505.png or bacon emoji1641.png dripping dipping... I'm sorry this belongs on the daily bacon thread! emoji23.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I did save the drippings.  I fill suet dishes with the grease and set it out for the chickadees.  They might not be going

ketogenic, but they sure need the fat and energy to combat our cold U.P. winter.:coffee:

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I just finished making homemade mayonnaise (no favorite of mine 😁) but I needed it to make Ranch dressing.

I gotta check the Carb Manager with the ingredients and see how it works out.

Than make a salad. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I have a request, I'm interested in hearing anyone's recipe for coleslaw dressing, barbecue sauce, and steak sauce.

No recipe, but we did purchase sugar free barbeque sauce from Amazon while we were on the Atkins diet.

Checking I find a number of recipes by Googling.

Here is one such:

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-bbq-sauce-sugar-free-gluten-free/

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Welp, I tried my hand at making Keto Cloud Bread.

The end results: I’ll stick to 90 second Bread.

I found a much better tasting one...still with almond flour....But I found another recipe with coconut flour.

Will be trying the coconut one very soon.  LOL

58 minutes ago, Bola said:

Am so tired of eating egg,cucumber and avocado for breakfast.Any suggestions pls ?Am so craving for cereals

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Look over some of the breakfast options on this site.  Maybe you'll see something you'd like to try:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes/breakfasts

I like to make several different frittatas. They freeze well. And you can make them in a shallow pan and cut into squares so you can take individual pieces out of the freezer. You can make them with absolutely anything in them sausage, bacon, ground beef, any sort of vegetable or seed you would like. I'm not having Dairy so I'm making mine without cheese, boo hoo, but it tastes just as good and I like the variety. Asparagus is also very good in it as well as broccoli.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Welp, had my doctor’s appointment the other day and had bloodwork done. 😁

Doc was happy about the weight loss and that I changed eating habits for the better.

Got the call from her nurse who was very happy with the chloresteral and trigs numbers as they were down. Didn’t give actual numbers but she was very happy (this is a first) and said to continue. 

My A1C stayed the same. 😢 5.8 so I am still pre-diabetic. 😢

She will put the papers in the mail for me. 

I go back in March and will get another bloodwork done.

• 2 weeks later...

I am puzzled by this drink,  ade with warm water, honey, and vinegar?

Would someone please enlighten me?

I don't diet, just eating as healthy as I can, avoiding packaged, boxed enveloped, foods.

Good Ole Dr. Oz has an ice cream  recipe, that incorporates kale. Yup, kale! I am tempted, as kale is a super food, according to the experts.

I drink Bragg's vinegar,  over flowed tablespoon,  packet stevia in a mug of hot water. I used to use honey but I'm not doing sugars at all. The vinegar is said to help with digestion but since doing strict  Keto for 2 months and low-carb before that I don't have digestion issues any more. Occasionally I eat something and discover I'm allergic to it, the vinegar does help with the intestinal distress. 

On a different topic 

I wasn't happy with my weight loss and mentioned this to the fella that cuts my hair. When he and his wife came over they both looked incredible and I asked him what helped them. He said they gave up all dairy. So 3 weeks ago I gave it all up. Yes it was very hard, I had a lot of adapting to do. But I really feel it was the best thing to do. Dairy causes all kinds of inflammatory issues. I'm hoping when I weigh in on Thursday it'll be more than the 5 pounds every 2 weeks I've been stuck with. 

On a positive note I'm going to have to buy new meeting shoes soon. Mine are getting sloppy. My work pants, which I just bought a couple months ago, will need to be replaced with a medium fairly soon. I have to hike them up all the time and they end up under my b****! M work sweatshirts, which I wear in winter, are starting to look like dresses. :eek:

I have meeting cloths I used to wear long ago in my closet. I'm hoping I can get back into them. Beautiful dresses and skirts and a beautiful long herringbone coat. Good goal.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

34 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Was on my free ebook ( free once sign up 12 books a month, lifetime, unlimited for a small donation ) site and noticed this keto book

https://www.free-ebooks.net/ebook/Top-80-Keto-Pressure-Cooker-Recipes

Can't see it unless I join. 😟

Well, when you get cooking I'd like to hear the details. I love my pressure cooker. I think I'll go look at Pinterest for PC recipes. It's usually hard because I can only have certain veg and no dairy. I'll go looking NTL