JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

Huh! I have no idea. I just never like cooked broccoli. When dad was in the nursing home there was this plop of green stuf& on his tray. Smelt awful. I could only imagine what it tasted like...dad smooshed up his face and that’s all I cared to know. LOL

I tried asparagus some time ago. That bombed out.   About the only thing I really like is green beans-bacon-garlic.  
Try broccoli bacon garlic; AAMOF
Just add bacon to whatever!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

https://pin.it/cfmm7357i6jyzl

found a recipe on Pinterest

Yes, but use sesame oil instead. It makes it more nutty. I found a good, inexpensive sesame oil at Cash and Carry.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I've heard many talk about how too much meat at a meal can slow weight loss. I found it to be true. I've been on a stir fry or sauerkraut kick lately, everyday about the last week at least. Each dish gets about 2-3 oz of protein. My goodness, seems like I lose weight like crazy. I had a steak last night, so hungry because of such an erratic schedule lately, and this morning I felt heavy. So it proved it to me. Back to stir fry.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Al Roker explains why the keto diet works for him

The TODAY meteorologist had a response to critical comments about the popular diet by celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels.

https://www.today.com/health/al-roker-explains-why-keto-diet-works-him-t146599

To teach his own....

I've increased my carb count to "help" in the gym... Striving for less that 100 grams per day any ways which is still low carb compared to the SAD (Standard American Diet) ... Remember YMMV... (Your Mileage May Vary) .... Find your sweet spot...

I got this recipe off Dr.Berg’s app.  His recipe kinda had chia and flax seeds but I had trouble getting the stuff to stick together. Than I made it with just the chia seeds and it probably could have used a tad more but it was still good.

Fried and egg and made a sandwich. It was good. 

1 Minute Biscuit

1-1/2 Tbls coconut flour

1-1/2 Tbls chia seeds (or flax seeds) 

1 teaspoon golden flax

2 teaspoons butter-melted (more)

1 large egg

½ teaspoon baking powder

Pinch salt

Instructions:

All ingredients in a small bowl and mix

Put on microwave plate making it round like a biscuit 

Cook for 1 minute

Turn plate upside down to release biscuit…cut in half

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just now, Myew said:

I've started eating eggs again recently... but y'alls recipes are too fancy for me. I just steam them and eat them whole, shell included.

Wow, hope you wash the coating off first..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I always clean them off under running water. Large Brown Grade A Free Range yadda yadda eggs that say they're raised on local Amish and Mennonite farms. I can't find much cleaner than that. I just get tired of spending 5 minutes trying to shuck the armored plating off of my prey without damaging it or making a mess.

36 minutes ago, Myew said:

I always clean them off under running water. Large Brown Grade A Free Range yadda yadda eggs that say they're raised on local Amish and Mennonite farms. I can't find much cleaner than that. I just get tired of spending 5 minutes trying to shuck the armored plating off of my prey without damaging it or making a mess.

That too, but also there's a natural protective coating called 'bloom' that the hen deposits on the shell when she lays it to protect the insides from pathogens, that should be rinsed off before eating..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 hours ago, Myew said:

Sadly fresh farm eggs do not peel when boiled. Those I poach hard. 

I have a new recipe for deviled egg. I made a bacon/grated onion aioli. Wow, tastes like bacon and eggs in your hand. I did use a little mustard and a little pickle juice to use less aioli. I buy the small restaurant lid connected clear containers and put 4 open faced eggs in one and cucumber in another, boom...lunch.

I'm really getting into different aioli's makes for variety. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Yeh, the fresher the egg the harder to peel the shell away. If they’re too bad I just slice the whole thing in half and spoon it out like it was a soft boiled egg in an egg cup

Oh glad to see I'm not the only one that does it like that, the only way to get them out of the shell. Frustrating. But I wouldn't eat the shell, I'm not so sure our digestion could deal with it. Dogs can but its only recommended for humans to eat shells in powdered form.

I benefited from your suggestions about steaming eggs. I have an electric pressure cooker, so I put the collapsible steamer inside the pot with water under it and used the 5-5-5 method. I think next time I will try 4 1/2 min.for the cook phase..they were a little overcooked..not much though..👵

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I got this recipe off Dr.Berg’s app.  His recipe kinda had chia and flax seeds but I had trouble getting the stuff to stick together. Than I made it with just the chia seeds and it probably could have used a tad more but it was still good.

Fried and egg and made a sandwich. It was good. 

1 Minute Biscuit

1-1/2 Tbls coconut flour
1-1/2 Tbls chia seeds (or flax seeds) 
1 teaspoon golden flax
2 teaspoons butter-melted (more)
1 large egg
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch salt

Instructions:
All ingredients in a small bowl and mix
Put on microwave plate making it round like a biscuit 
Cook for 1 minute
Turn plate upside down to release biscuit…cut in half
Hi Loopy,

Liquid not required? Where's the liquid, water, coconut milk, almond milk, etc? I ask because coconut flour soaks up everything like a sponge. Also for chia seeds I let them sit in a liquid for a few minutes first before cooking so I can get perceived better digestion and health benefits.

I'd experiment by combining the flax and Chia seeds and let them soak in a liquid that may help with getting them to stick together.

If your budget allows add 12 grams collagen protein to that "for richer, fuller smoother hair skin and nails"... Sound like a commercial...

FYI I put Chia seeds in my Greek Plain Fat Free protein yogurt concoctions! I let them sit in coconut milk first for about 5 minutes before concocting!

I use my magic bullet and always grind the chia and flax seeds. Yes, flax seeds are hard to digest. 

Dont grind the chia seeds when I make chia seed pudding. 

How is chia pudding? Texture and taste. It kind of looks good.. but kind of looks like what I used to scrape off of my California sushi rolls. 🤣

I've heard that farm fresh eggs were terrible for peeling? Is that so even with an instant pot?

Now I like chia pudding. Great with a little cinnamon too. Since the seeds are whole its a little crunchy. LOL

Never tried farm fresh eggs in the instant pot. But they’d probably be just as easy to peel. 

Kinda skirt’n the questions aren’t I? :lol1:

I think the only way I'd do a cold cooked farm egg, like a boiled/peeled egg, would be to crack a dozen and whip in a bowl, I use my stick blender, and put in my big 6 count muffin tin with canadian/regular bacon or sausage and green onion. That way you have cooked cooled portable egg to take on the go. Done it also with thin sliced asparagus. Ummm or another way is with taco meat, I like that one.

20 hours ago, Cherie said:

I think you're right Elizabeth. I should get out my manual and see if mine will do half minutes 😊

I would wait till 4 minutes is up and then count to 30 and turn to off..let pressure down naturally for 5 minutes..😉

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif