JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

@Myew please try this method.  I found this way to peel bo8led eggs on the Internet and it was truly a game changer for me.  I too hated peeling eggs and having them all bumpy while trying to remove little specks of schell.  Take a mason jar, or an old pickle jar and fill up half way with very cold water.  Place 2 or three eggs in it and recap.  Shake three to Four times like you would a cocktail shaker then uncap and peel!  The thin membrane sticks to the shell and leaves the egg as smooth as a new born baby’s behind! 

I make boiled eggs eggs several times a week for egg salad, salad, fried hard boiled eggs etc.  sooooo easy and smooth! 

You can also google using using mason jar to peel eggs for a short video clip!  Let me know what you think.  I avoided making deviled eggs for years because I hated to peel them.  Judging from the price of already peeled eggs in the grocery store many must feel the same! 

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

3 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

@Myew please try this method.  I found this way to peel bo8led eggs on the Internet and it was truly a game changer for me.  I too hated peeling eggs and having them all bumpy while trying to remove little specks of schell.  Take a mason jar, or an old pickle jar and fill up half way with very cold water.  Place 2 or three eggs in it and recap.  Shake three to Four times like you would a cocktail shaker then uncap and peel!  The thin membrane sticks to the shell and leaves the egg as smooth as a new born baby’s behind! 

I make boiled eggs eggs several times a week for egg salad, salad, fried hard boiled eggs etc.  sooooo easy and smooth! 

You can also google using using mason jar to peel eggs for a short video clip!  Let me know what you think.  I avoided making deviled eggs for years because I hated to peel them.  Judging from the price of already peeled eggs in the grocery store many must feel the same! 

How could you have read it that fast?  I just sent it! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Thanks, I'll give it a try. ❤️ I usually cook my eggs a bit soft though, so I don't know how they'll hold up. What I would usually do is crack the top of the egg gently with a spoon which lets steam out, and then steam them for about 9 minutes in a tray steamer. It's not worth it to me to break out the instant pot first thing in the morning and taking the time for it to heat up or cool down just for a couple of eggs... 8 minutes will leave the yolks runny, 9 minutes a little runny. I try not to cook the proteins overmuch, there's some nutrition benefits to more raw. Then I would pry off a bit of the top from the crack and stick the spoon in and work my way around it... but since I cook them soft they usually stick to the shell and break halfway and I'm sick of cleaning yolk off the counter and floors. I'm so tired and burnt out and lazy, I just want to eat already. 😿 I read fast when I am manic at 2AM...

Edited by Myew

Al Roker explains why the keto diet works for him

The TODAY meteorologist had a response to critical comments about the popular diet by celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels.

https://www.today.com/health/al-roker-explains-why-keto-diet-works-him-t146599

To teach his own....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Here's Dr. Berg's response Jillian Michaels:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have Dr. Berg’s app that has all his videos. I saw this one the other day. 

I loved watching dr. Berg’s facial expressions. But I really enjoyed how he cut he4 down to size. :lol1:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Made bone broth. simmered 27 hours. Got home from work this morning and it was simmering away, I wanted to eat it. 
It had a nice 2 inches of oil on top. As it simmered I took a ladle and poured  the boiling liquid over cabbage, thin sliced crimini, mung bean sprouts and leftover shank meat. Oh my goodness....it was amazing! I gobbled up the whole bowl. The oil on top was indescribable. Wow. Kept me happy until 6:30 pm, 10 hours. Then I had stir fry, Lew loves this, so glad because it makes cooking easier.   

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

@SUNRAY and how were they my little ray of sunshine? 

Haha! Don is sure enjoying them! Me too! Not as heavy as Keto unbaked chocolate cheesecake with 3/4 " of whipped cream on top! 

Today I bought this nifty electric egg/omlette, poached egg cooker for $25 at World Market (owned by Bed, Bath, Beyond). This picture was taken with the steamer sitting on the arm of my recliner! I am not using my Cuisenart pressure cooker anymore...thought the non-stick inside removable pot was not Teflon, but found out it is..plus has scratches because I was browning meat in it which sticks a little. When steaming eggs, supposedly the steam penetrates the shells, and I don't want chemicals from the Teflon to penetrate also! It will be interesting to see how easily the eggs peel in my new steam cooker. I'm glad these pictures didn't load sideways like the cookies!!😄

20190115_181519-1.jpg

20190115_181449-1.jpg

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I bought a two tiered steamer 4 years ago for about $36 total, and I'm still using it as my primary cooking device. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SB8LPA/
They come with 8x egg slots in the plastic tray. Amazon's best sellers has some newer models too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/kitchen/678541011/

2 hours ago, Myew said:

bought a two tiered steamer 4 years ago for about $36 total, and I'm still using it as my primary cooking

Yes..I saw what was on Amazon. I don't use my credit card online..I prefer to find these items at B,B and Beyond if possible using a 20% off coupon. There are only 2 of us, so the smaller the "gadget" the better for me...Also, frees up storage in my kitchen!:coffee:

cat2_e0.gif

Well, this morning I used my new little egg cooker for the first time! There is a spike on the outside of the little measuring cup..pierce each egg on the wide end of the egg and face it up when setting the egg on the tray..I started with 3 eggs right from the fridge. Poured designated water amount in heater pan..set 3 eggs in tray, pierced end up..dropped domed lid on machine..but did not lock. Plugged  in machine and pushed start button..steamed 12 min. for hard boiled. Loud buzzer sounded when finished..I took one egg out and put in cold water, then peeled. Shell came right of! The egg yoke had just a slight softness in the middle. I let the other 2 eggs sit, then peeled..perfect!😎  One egg with herbal seasoning salt, one choclate chip cookie, one cup of organic coffee..wow!!:coffee:

20190117_094641-1.jpg

20190117_095231-1.jpg

20190117_095434-1.jpg

cat2_e0.gif

Breakfast this morning. I'm not a traditional breakfast eater, I'll eat anything. Sauerkraut or stir fry included:thumbsup:.

This day its 1 garlic roasted chicken thigh, broccoli and mushrooms, seared in brown butter and garlic. Could only eat 3/4 of it so have some for lunch.

666137277_breakfast(861x1531).thumb.jpg.06361615f0a3bf5c208f87f69aacd993.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

Any gum chewers out there? 😁

Well, I don’t chew a lot and now going without sugar there’s not much out there and personally I don’t do aspartame.

anyway on my keto page on socaial media there was a post about “Pur gum”. It uses xylitol.

May not be able to see ingredients very well. Has “natural flavors”, which can be anything. O well. Just wanted to see if anyone cared to comment. 

841DEAFA-B5F1-4491-890C-D85BFFCFAB6F.jpeg.3f952f6010edd9901a5de60a071ee2b4.jpeg8327CF44-3D01-4303-B232-65712D192B8F.thumb.jpeg.0c220e86a1ff53ec4adf4de317f85179.jpeg

97BF30A8-B426-47D7-B389-67746D9D7E45.jpeg

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Any gum chewers out there? 😁

Well, I don’t chew a lot and now going without sugar there’s not much out there and personally I don’t do aspartame.

anyway on my keto page on socaial media there was a post about “Pur gum”. It uses xylitol.

May not be able to see ingredients very well. Has “natural flavors”, which can be anything. O well. Just wanted to see if anyone cared to comment. 

841DEAFA-B5F1-4491-890C-D85BFFCFAB6F.jpeg.3f952f6010edd9901a5de60a071ee2b4.jpeg8327CF44-3D01-4303-B232-65712D192B8F.thumb.jpeg.0c220e86a1ff53ec4adf4de317f85179.jpeg

97BF30A8-B426-47D7-B389-67746D9D7E45.jpeg

They have 3 different flavors on Amazon, bubble gum, chocolate with mint, and cinnamon.  I looked it up a few weeks back, but wasn't sure how it would taste, so I ended up not ordering it.  Let me know if you decide to get it, I would love your feedback.

9 minutes ago, Jeanie said:

They have 3 different flavors on Amazon, bubble gum, chocolate with mint, and cinnamon.  I looked it up a few weeks back, but wasn't sure how it would taste, so I ended up not ordering it.  Let me know if you decide to get it, I would love your feedback.

Sure. 

But it have to be careful if we have pets cause of the xylitol

Edited by Loopy

11 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I choose to not chew gum, can't do the sugar. Or the artificial sweeteners.

Me too; one reason for the damage to the enamel of my teeth.

Also, when I worked in a hospital as a nurses aide the head nurse said it makes you look like a cow chewing it's cud..:eek:

I've even read that gum can pull the cavities out of your teeth, but I think you would have to be pretty aggressive with how you chewed it..😄

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I chew Dentyne Fire.  No aspartame.  Great tasting.  Taste doesn't last long, though.

Have to keep popping fresh gum in. (tu)

spacer.png

Always liked Dentyne..it's even like a breath mint..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, Dove said:

Me too; one reason for the damage to the enamel of my teeth.

Also, when I worked in a hospital as a nurses aide the head nurse said it makes you look like a cow chewing it's cud..:eek:

I've even read that gum can pull the cavities out of your teeth, but I think you would have to be pretty aggressive with how you chewed it..😄

Meant to say fillings, not cavities. Cavities would be great..😁