JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Literature cart weights.

Hi friends...

Denise and I are doing the carts right now and it's pretty breezy here right now.

Both of us are sitting at a corner of our shade canopy but we have almost got blown away a couple of times.

If any of y'all have any suggestions for us I would love to hear them..

I noticed that someone replaced the cart wheel cotter pins with key rings, so I assume they use them to attach a bungee cord and strap it to a pole. 

Otherwise, i have seen jugs or buckets of water used to hold down shade canopies, would that help?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I got some small pieces is timber about 3' long . Prop under the handle, and just press the other end into the ground. This is only good for facing into the wind.

Other than that, for wind coming behind the cart, I have some spare tent pegs and hammer (which we use to secure our gazebo) and I pin the cart axle down. This only works is you are on soil.

On pavement or roadway, I have some 'dumbbell' weights to put in the bottom of the cart, but as yet, not used them to see if 5kg per cart is enough for our wind gusts. We have always been on 'soil'.

Please let me know what worked for you...

PS Our Gazebo is pegged and tied on all 4 posts. Always! Never know when a gust blows in. bd5386412e2a64be28d1f7bf25980d5a.jpg&key=a86c72078c68e7a0cf77d77b5ebdc1af3fd66e6780f426098219210e4bf49abc

Older {waiting for wiser}

Thanks everyone. ..

We were at a Farmers Market thing and set up outside in the parking lot. We were getting our canopy set up when a good gust came through,  I saw at least 2 other canopies go over. We just happened to be holding ours at the time so we were okay. 

We had a couple other gusts hit but I had put the carts right next to the legs and our chairs right next to them too...I could see some trees a few hundred feet away and could tell when a gust was coming (mostly) so I just said 'grab it' and Denise is pretty quick. .

A car group came by and checked on us and the Sister driving said she had bought some weights designed just for those canopies but they were at her house. She offered to go get them but we only had a half hour or so left so we declined.  Plus, the wind had pretty much died down. 

All told, it was a good day. ...

Thanks y'all. ...

7 hours ago, Stormswift said:

We attach bungee cords to the lamp post on windy days.

O...hhh ..this explains flying cart followed by the lamp post that I have seen...

I thought I was going crazy..LOL :lol1:

Relieved...

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Hammerhead said:

Sure you do. You wash them off columns and reweld if the column was misfabbed. They have a two-however many slotted hole connection to bolt beam to column

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ha, you're right,  I do know what those are. I guess my brain has closed shop sometime today,or at least gone to reduced output..

Thanks Dave....

How did you fare during the storm?..looked like a lot of water has come down...

We only got an inch or so.

Ha, you're right,  I do know what those are. I guess my brain has closed shop sometime today,or at least gone to reduced output..

Thanks Dave....

How did you fare during the storm?..looked like a lot of water has come down...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

O...hhh ..this explains flying cart followed by the lamp post that I have seen...

I thought I was going crazy..LOL :lol1:

Relieved...

Since we get all our bad weather from you our lampposts would end up in the sandwich islands!

10 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Hi friends...

Denise and I are doing the carts right now and it's pretty breezy here right now.

Both of us are sitting at a corner of our shade canopy but we have almost got blown away a couple of times.

If any of y'all have any suggestions for us I would love to hear them..

Advice? Don't wear your toupee they too expensive to lose.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

only got an inch or so.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a little bit north of you...

28 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Don't wear your toupee they too expensive to lose.

That's kinda funny, I'm about 2 weeks overdue for a haircut. 

You know how with some of the friends you can tell just by the way they look at you that they are holding themselves back, but they really want to say something?:whistling:

I've been getting some of 'those' looks for a couple of weeks now.  lol....

I was gonna get it done today but my cutter was out. I'll call in the morning and get an appointment. 

We have our CO visit starting next Tuesday and I was scheduled for the Bible study part in the school and I need it cut. I don't want Brother Brunneti thinking I'm some kind of rebel or something..lol..

Ok, it's 3:20 am and I am outta here, need to get my beauty sleep..

C-ya...