JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - October 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2021 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I did not see a thread created, so I took the liberty to make one (if there is one, let me know where it is). And I also think this is the correct link:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=201810&langwritten=e

By my count, Monday is the first, so the Broadcast is less than a week away!

A few notes based on what I am personally thinking.

• This is the month for the annual meeting. Will we get a preview? Or have they made/will make arrangements to enable us to live stream the meeting on JWB? 
  • Will they let us know if we are doing what we did last year as far as watching it as an organization?
  • Who will host?

I like Octobers now, because the month has a lot to look forward to spiritually.

There have been a couple of monthly broadcasts dedicated to Special Meetings/Graduations. Maybe they'll do that with the Annual Meeting so that we can get it faster...

They might want to send out the translation packages to the RTOs first, and then give them some time to work on that. Then it will be released simultaneously in many languages.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

What was last October's broadcast like?  Did it preview the annual meeting?  Is there any reason this year will be different than last?

The broadcast will definitely not be the annual meeting as the broadcast will be released the Monday before the annual meeting.  

I'm not saying it won't mention the annual meeting but we need to remember the broadcast was produced months earlier.  As Johan pointed out, the production team has spent all this time translating the broadcast.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

What was last October's broadcast like?  Did it preview the annual meeting?  Is there any reason this year will be different than last?

The broadcast will definitely not be the annual meeting as the broadcast will be released the Monday before the annual meeting.  

I'm not saying it won't mention the annual meeting but we need to remember the broadcast was produced months earlier.  As Johan pointed out, the production team has spent all this time translating the broadcast.

Oh yeah, I do understand all of that. I'm just shaking the tree a bit, to get some interesting thoughts and conversation going!!

2 minutes ago, Bosko said:

Geoffrey Jackson.

Indeed it is, thank you. Very appreciative discussion of the value the revised NWT which is now 5 years since its release. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

WOWW! The broadcast came on line at 6:44 AM Eastern Time! Very early this month. Anyway...

The Search. That's the name of the new song from this month's broadcast. For those who would like the song in mp3 format for your phone, tablet, mp3 player, or whatever, it's in my collection of songs. As usual I'll leave the posting of lyrics to someone else.

21 minutes ago, jpl said:

"Its possible to download separate the subtitle file or srt file in JW Broadcasting?"

How do you use F12 ?

There is a very good tutorial on Meekspace. But it is down in the moment.

Every Browser works a little bit different.

I use Cliqz (Firefox).

Short :

Go to tv.jw.org

Select the video, but do not start it.

Press F12

Press Network Analysys

Press All or XHR

Start the video

after a few seconds a vtt-file appears

(now you can stop the video)

rigtclick on the .vtt

open in a new Tab

Download the file

Thats all.

Edited by The German

What a wonderful broadcast this month...makes me proud to use JEHOVAH’S name... 

All the research the brothers did & then rightfully restored our Creators name where it should be makes me feel very greatful for all their hard work....

also I love the new song! ☺️

Thank's  to The German. The short tutorial is perfect.

Now i can download separate the subtitle file or srt file in JW Broadcasting and other video (Morning Workshop).

So i can continue to create transcript "of Morning Worship" in French.

Merci beaucoup 🤗

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

WOWW! The broadcast came on line at 6:44 AM Eastern Time! Very early this month. Anyway...

The Search. That's the name of the new song from this month's broadcast. For those who would like the song in mp3 format for your phone, tablet, mp3 player, or whatever, it's in my collection of songs. As usual I'll leave the posting of lyrics to someone else.

Thank you!  Yours is the first post I look for on these First Mondays... ❤️  🎼🎶🎶🎧