JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - October 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2027 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, jpl said:

Thank's  to The German. The short tutorial is perfect.

Now i can download separate the subtitle file or srt file in JW Broadcasting and other video (Morning Workshop).

So i can continue to create transcript "of Morning Worship" in French.

Merci beaucoup 🤗

A little Extra :

Here can you convert vtt to txt (or to srt) :

https://subtitletools.com/convert-subtitles-to-plain-text-online

You can open txt with WORD and convert txt to docx.

Here is a hint how to remove blank spaces and blank lines in docx:

https://www.bltech.de/tipps/In-Microsoft-Word-alle-Leerzeilen-entfernen.php

I really enjoyed this one.

It really debunked the long repeated nonsense LIE that we changed the Bible to fit our beliefs. The bothers on the 40s held off to make sure that God's name should be in the Bible. These brothers were VERY thorough. This was a scholarly JWB. Great job.  

On 9/26/2018 at 8:03 PM, Shannie said:

I hope not..sorry but those are a little boring..to me ( not my favorite)

I think very much the opposite :o

Now, we even have a "talk show" --> Did you see the last 3 episodes of "The inside Story"?

I saw the last just yesterday evening and I was like "WOW" with the song they presented. A loooovely rendition of one of the songs. I very much urge you to see it 😉

Not to mention this is the program, for me, with the best talks! 

:)

16 hours ago, jpl said:

Thank's  to The German. The short tutorial is perfect.

Now i can download separate the subtitle file or srt file in JW Broadcasting and other video (Morning Workshop).

So i can continue to create transcript "of Morning Worship" in French.

Merci beaucoup 🤗

I too will try to do it in Portuguese. Even if it is just for my wife. We very much prefer listning in the original language and not dubbed

18 hours ago, The German said:

There is a very good tutorial on Meekspace. But it is down in the moment.

Every Browser works a little bit different.

I use Cliqz (Firefox).

Short :

Go to tv.jw.org

Select the video, but do not start it.

Press F12

Press Network Analysys

Press All or XHR

Start the video

after a few seconds a vtt-file appears

(now you can stop the video)

rigtclick on the .vtt

open in a new Tab

Download the file

Thats all.

Thank you very much!

I hope not..sorry but those are a little boring..to me ( not my favorite)

You must have very high standards. The Gilead graduation talks maintain a very high spiritual level, and are delivered by very skilled, and spiritual speakers. They are usually jam packed with spiritual gems.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Another awesome monthly broadcast! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Lyrics to October's JW Broadcast: (Compliments of Brother Chew)

The Search

JW Broadcasting—October 2018

We heard the words ‘seek and you’ll find’

The very priceless pearl of truth.

It was a sea of doubts and questions to God

That the search would take us through.

But we carried on with our sails unfurled.

Like merchants on a quest, we knew that truth was out there.

The search—the search for the key

To answer all the things,

Things that we fight to understand:

The origin of man, wondering why we need God’s Kingdom soon to come.

Searching hard to find.

We had never known God had a name.

Jehovah is the one to call on.

When we were shown, we found a piece

Of what we were searching for.

And we carried on with our sails unfurled,

Finding truths about where we came from and where we’re heading.

That answered all the things,

Things that we fought to understand:

The origin of man, a paradise that’s promised in God’s Kingdom soon to come.

Search and you will find.

Now we can never hold back when others are searching

For the priceless pearl of truth,

Sailing a sea of unanswered questions.

So we help them to get through,

And we share what we’ve discovered.

To answer all the things,

Things that they fight to understand:

The origin of man, living forever in God’s Kingdom soon to come.

Search and you will find.

Lyrics to JW Broadcasting Original Songs Oct. 2014 through Oct. 2018 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Wow!  Appendix C!  Never took a peek in there before.  It really does strengthen our confidence that the faithful brothers are being guided by Jehovah in the proper handling of His Holy name, translated correctly now that we really need it in the last days.

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Wow!  Appendix C!  Never took a peek in there before.  It really does strengthen our confidence that the faithful brothers are being guided by Jehovah in the proper handling of His Holy name, translated correctly now that we really need it in the last days.

My NWT in the JWL doesn't have an Appendix C but the Study Bible does...:thumbsup:

We used it as a Family Worship topic once. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Starting with the September broadcast and continuing this month, when the video starts, I have various brothers and sisters speaking sign language in the bottom right side of my screen. Is this something new that everyone has also, or is it just my t.v. and is there a way to remove it? It's very distracting as I watch.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

16 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Starting with the September broadcast and continuing this month, when the video starts, I have various brothers and sisters speaking sign language in the bottom right side of my screen. Is this something new that everyone has also, or is it just my t.v. and is there a way to remove it? It's very distracting as I watch.

How do you watch it?

Computer? Roku?

Do you have the language set on ASL?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

How do you watch it?

Computer? Roku?

Do you have the language set on ASL?

I watch it on a Samsung smart t.v. with wifi connection to my computer. No, I don't think I have it set on ASL, but I'll double check when I have a chance. Thanks

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

On 10/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

We can confidently to say to anyone that says the Divine Name doesn’t belong in the ‘New Testament’ that their information is decades out of date.

😊

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 10/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, Thesauron said:

A program dedicated to the Bible, the NWT, and Bible Translation. How fantastic!

On 10/4/2018 at 6:41 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

(Would you believe it took me this long to watch the broadcast? ... Finally!)

Yes, I really enjoyed that part discussing Appendix C. I had already seen it before just in passing. But now I have a new study project in view!

I also enjoyed the interview with Nicholas Ahladis of Translation Services. (That's obviously a Greek name, which I find is rather appropriate for a discussion on translating the Christian Greek Scriptures.) But the following is rather delicate to mention without sounding picky...

I always find it difficult to differentiate between the 1984 Reference Bible and the more recent Study Bible. The latter is the one that's only online. But I'm always mixing up the two names! I refer to the "Reference Bible" when I really mean to say "Study Bible" (and maybe vice-versa). I've got to work on that. However it seems I'm not the only one to get them mixed up. Did you notice that Brother Ahladis actually said "Reference" when he meant "Study?" He was referring to Appendix C4 at the time. It looks like no one in the studio caught the mistake in order to do a retake on it. But someone noticed it when the subtitles of the broadcast were done. Listen to the broadcast, with the subtitles, at the 29 minute 56 second mark of the program, and you'll see it was corrected there. You can also see the correction in William Chew's pdf transcript.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:43 PM, Dages said:

That song and music video... it was beautiful :crying:

One of my favorites now. I love seeing their progress and then the young guy at the end. I must admit I love it even more in Spanish, but the English one is amazing as well.

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is interesting that we had the "J" references in the 1984 Reference Bible in the 1D appendix (just not as many).  The actual list in the 1984 version is shown in the Introduction where 27 are numbered.  There are 92 listed in Appendix C4 in the Study Bible.

Yes! I love that list in the Reference Bible, as it includes most of  the symbols for the manuscripts, too.

As an example of how helpful that list is, recall our recent Bible study in chapter 37 of the jy book. We had a reading in Luke 7:11 that begins with the words, “Soon afterward.” The study notes says the following:

Soon afterward: Some ancient manuscripts read “On the following day,” but the main text reading used here has stronger manuscript support.

If you look in the Reference Bible, you’ll see the footnote following “Closely following this”:

“Closely following this,” P75אcAB; א*CD, “On the following day.”

Decoding those manuscripts, brings you the following:

“Closely following this” or “Soon afterward”:

• Papyrus Bodmer 14, 15, Gr., c. 200 C.E., Geneva
  • Codex Sinaiticus (אc - corrected reading ), Gr., fourth cent. C.E., British Museum
  • Codex Alexandrinus, Gr., fifth cent. C.E., British Museum
  • Vatican ms 1209, Gr., fourth cent. C.E., Vatican City, Rome

“On the following day”:

• Codex Sinaiticus (א* - original reading), Gr., fourth cent. C.E., British Museum
  • Codex Ephraemi rescriptus, Gr., fifth cent. C.E., Paris
  • Bezae Codices, Gr. and Lat., fifth and sixth cent. C.E., Cambridge, England

So, you can get an idea of what manuscripts supported or contained which particular expression. Although this particular example isn’t significant, this list is valuable for other scriptures, like John 14:14, 1 Peter 3:15, 2 Peter 3:10, 1 Cor. 7:17, as well as those areas where Jehovah’s name was restored in the Christian Greek scriptures, using the J-references.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

We also learned that “J” stands for Jehovah since they support the use of the divine name.

Yeah. I learned something there too! I always thought those "J" references were designations given by worldly (Christendom) scholars. Come to think of it, how could I have thought that? It makes more sense that it was the brothers who called them by "J".