JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fear: Trump in the white house

trottigy

https://www.amazon.com/Fear-Trump-White-Bob-Woodward/dp/1501175513

Do you think a person trying to maintain his neutrality should read a book like this?

Or would you see this as reading a historical reference?

Here is the description,

With authoritative reporting honed through eight presidencies from Nixon to Obama, author Bob Woodward reveals in unprecedented detail the harrowing life inside President Donald Trump’s White House and precisely how he makes decisions on major foreign and domestic policies. Woodward draws from hundreds of hours of interviews with firsthand sources, meeting notes, personal diaries, files and documents. The focus is on the explosive debates and the decision-making in the Oval Office, the Situation Room, Air Force One and the White House residence.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I personally wouldn't want the book near me lol - but this is where it gets interesting - I ask myself is that because I'm simply not interested in it - or am I saying no because I'm being politically neutral? I have to be honest and say it's because I'm not interested in it - so if I was ... would I read it and feel I still feel I could remain politically neutral? I would probably think I can - but the result may be different ....because it's very difficult not to read emotive books on real situations affecting real people, and not take a side. But that's me, I guess its a question only each one could answer for themselves.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Sometimes we don’t have a choice . We ride along with it playing in the vehicle. 

But, for the most part, that’s the story of my life, media-wise. 

Being exposed to all this, um, drama, and doing my best to file it under, “none of my business”. 

The other day, I actually went upstairs, and plugged in earphones, trying to drown it out. 

Then, if you escape that moment, it’s regurgitated, time and time again. Ad nauseam.

Pray for me, friends! . 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

If you are the type of person that likes to keep informed on how government operates, read it. If you like the way Bob Woodward writes read it. If you become infuriated over how government operates, don't read it. If you don't like the way Bob Woodard writes, don't read it.

I would not recommend reading it. I have found it inadvisable to recommend any book, movie, TV show stage play, a concert or forum to anyone. 

Oh, by the way ... I found it to be an interesting read. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Full, disclosur - I bought it and started reading it and my wife said - she didn't think it would help my neutrality.  I thought I'd get an impartial opinion. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Full, disclosur - I bought it and started reading it and my wife said - she didn't think it would help my neutrality.  I thought I'd get an impartial opinion. 

In my opinion, it won't change anything. I felt it emphasized that Satan has the "Whole World in His Hand's." Pity the itty bitty baby.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

So far I’ve been subjected to Fire and Fury, this one, and I think the one on my horizon is, “Facism with a Smile”, or some such nonsense.

As I said..l. 

"Fascism with a Smile," was that a remake of "Springtime for Hitler"? I haven't read the book, I did see the movie version, I don't recommend it. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Old said:

"Fascism with a Smile," was that a remake of "Springtime for Hitler"? I haven't read the book, I did see the movie version, I don't recommend it. :mellow:

I don’t recommend any of them. That might be the title. I know my dear husband was looking for something that sounded sort of like that. He will dig around until he finds it. It was recommended to him somewhere down the line. 

This is all unreal.

I'm getting so I can tolerate less and less of what’s out there. Guess that’s a good thing. 

I even fast foreworded a John Grisham book I was listening to. I knew sort of how it would end, but I could not take the grimy details. Some of his are really good. Well, one I can specifically remember. Maybe two. 

Says desperate Bea. 

I listened to The Secret Garden and loved it. Same for Girl of the Limberlost. And Cat who came in from the Cold.

Sorry. OT, I know.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

33 minutes ago, trottigy said:

And.... she was right. :poke:

Jesus was only prepared to say “pay to Cesar” stuff when confronted with involvement in government workings. 

I know I sound on a heavy side...  but neutrality of your thought after reading this book could be affected. 

We are all part of a new government arrangement and according ro Daniel 2:44 all other governments are going to the BIN. 

So holding this idea of the BIN ... or disposal..even if you find something in the book “ interesting or reveling” the bottom line is that it will not change anything ... still BIN is awaiting.

Your wife is right my brother... :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I imagine the author debated to titled it Fear:Trump in the White House  or Trump:Fear in the White House. Either way seems to be the same...

I personally wouldn't read the book, it's like looking at the Titanic's operating manual...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When you mean for historical reference, is it for work or school? I may read it for fulfilling those responsibilities, but I will not read it for a hobby, sometimes more emotion attached when you are doing something for own pleasure.... Or even just news may affect our view...

But, I am not US Citizen, it may not affect my view a lot, not my country huh? :ph34r:

:bouncing:

PEASE DO NOT READ THIS BOOk! It will rot your Mind. It is known to cause psoriasis. Some might experience heartburn.

I am curious on one thing, of those that say they will not read it, are there any books, not by our organization, that you have read in the last six months? Just curious.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

I am curious on one thing, of those that say they will not read it, are there any books, not by our organization, that you have read in the last six months? Just curious.

Why? Does that make a difference?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Tortuga said:

Why? Does that make a difference?

There are those that read and those that don’t. I was just wondering if those posting they would not consider reading it is because they, in general, don’t read or if they have given thought to their position. Either way, it is a personal descision. I was only looking for the perspective.

21 minutes ago, Old said:

PEASE DO NOT READ THIS BOOk! It will rot your Mind. It is known to cause psoriasis. Some might experience heartburn.

Yes, ones written by brothers about what might happen in the end and the beginning 

22 minutes ago, Old said:

There are those that read and those that don’t. I was just wondering if those posting they would not consider reading it is because they, in general, don’t read or if they have given thought to their position. Either way, it is a personal descision. I was only looking for the perspective.

I like to read but I'm personally not interested in politics, so the book doesn't interest me. That's my perspective...:)

10 hours ago, trottigy said:

Here is the description,

Per Wikipedia:

The book details aides of Trump as they try to deal with Trump's behavior. According to the book, aides took papers off of his desk to prevent him from signing them. White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly referred to Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged", while Secretary of Defense James Mattis said Trump has the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader," and John M. Dowd, formerly Trump's personal lawyer, called him "a f***ing liar" telling Trump he would wear an "orange jump suit" if he agreed to testify to Robert Mueller in the Special Counsel investigation.
According to the book, Trump has called Jeff Sessions, his attorney general, "mentally retarded" and described him as a "dumb southerner".Trump has denied ever using "these terms on anyone", although earlier tape recordings contradict this assertion.
CNN's editor-at-large Chris Cillizza described Fear telling a similar story compared to mainstream media reporting and other 2018 books—journalist Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury and former Trump aide Omarosa Manigault Newman's Unhinged—that the Trump administration has a "chaotic, dysfunctional, ill-prepared White House" led by Trump, "a man hopelessly out of his depth in the job, but entirely incapable of understanding how desperately out of depth he actually is".