JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Gmail Look - Hate it or Love it?

I hate it. Blah!

On the plus side, one user said "The new design is a clear improvement. It is faster to load and brings the latest features developed from the Inbox beta."  

On the down side, it is awful to look at.  Makes me want to use the html only cut down version. For me, it's the layout and I can't seem to see what the new features are anyway.  I hate it when they tweak things just so it looks different.

Since I use POP3 email client - I do not know (or really care) how any of the web mail clients look  :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It's awful. As soon as it appeared I sent feedback to Google just to say: "I hate the new Gmail".

As you can see Lucy, I agree. One of the things I really hate, apart from it's ugliness, is the way that attachments come up as a seperate line on the main page.  It is untidy and unnecessary. If they want to notify that an email has an attachment, why not just a little icon next to it.  The other thing is that I feel I have less control, for some reason that I haven't worked out yet.

I have a number of email addresses and a POP3 client, my email for important, official stuff, is one of them. I have that one feeding into my main Gmail account because it's more convenient to access one account than go from webmail to POP3 and back again. 

What happened to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'?  I suppose they have to keep people employed doing senseless and useless adjustments.  FB does it all the time, too.

Not happy, Jan. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I didn't like it at first, but I use the "Gmeliis" extension for chrome and it let's you customize your inbox the way you want it. So with a few tweaks I really like the new look.

But you can also choose to go back to the old version of Gmail inbox in "settings".

1 hour ago, Musky said:

I didn't like it at first, but I use the "Gmeliis" extension for chrome and it let's you customize your inbox the way you want it. So with a few tweaks I really like the new look.

But you can also choose to go back to the old version of Gmail inbox in "settings".

Thank you for the extesion info.  I will have a look at that.

Unfortunately, the 'go back to old version' facility has now been removed.  I did that when they originally released the 'new look' back in about July,  but didn't realise they were eventually going to force us to use the new one.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

No cant go back. Oh well, nice to be able to share our grumbles. I put in the feedback too. Internet is full of unhappy users. Hmmm, won’t change a thing tho. 

2 hours ago, Musky said:

use the "Gmeliis" extension for chrome and it let's you customize your inbox the way you want it. So with a few tweaks I really like the new look. 

Great! Will try it later. Thanks. 

Just now, Gregexplore said:

I don't use it...no interest to me :nope:

Unless news breaks in, that you can send "donuts" as attachments.....that would hold my attention for a minute or two LOL :lol1:

I can send donut holes...

Do you want more?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I didn't even notice it changed.. web-based apps are pretty much all the same to me and I rarely use them since I have multiple old addresses which stupid utility companies will not switch my address for... However, I did finally make a switch from the meh Windows 10 Mail App (which I've had plenty of issues with) to Mailspring on my PC, and it's a major improvement... though would probably be even better if I made the full switch to Linux already. I also use BlueMail on Android rather than the official Gmail app.

Edited by Myew