JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Problem with media on JW Library

Today I noticed that every media in portuguese has disappeared on my tablet and smartphone. I deleted the app but there's no media to download.

I asked a brother if something like this happened and it did. Is anyone facing the same problem?

1 hour ago, dvds said:

It didn't work.

Similar to Jayrtom's comment.  I find that if I DELETE an item and then reload it, it works about 50% of the time.  Do not delete anything special (like a yearbook or you might not be able to get it back.  Pick something common like the Bible Teach book.  It is worth a try.

10 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Similar to Jayrtom's comment.  I find that if I DELETE an item and then reload it, it works about 50% of the time.  Do not delete anything special (like a yearbook or you might not be able to get it back.  Pick something common like the Bible Teach book.  It is worth a try.

The problem is all the videos in portuguese has desappeared, even those I didn't download. It's like there's no videos in this language to download (and the downloaded ones doesn't appear on JW Library).

In Dutch too. There was an anouncement made in our meeting that Bethel send a letter to the congregations here in the Netherlands that there were some difficulties with the jwlibrary app in some languages. So I think Portugese is one of the other languages. They hope it will soon be solved. Today, wednesday....still not working...We'll be patient 😏😄

5 hours ago, dvds said:

The problem is all the videos in portuguese has desappeared, even those I didn't download. It's like there's no videos in this language to download (and the downloaded ones doesn't appear on JW Library).

Some friends here had that same problem and the change to english and then portuguese helped...

Where did you make the change of idiom? I did it at the publications page because the problem was the absence of any publication

Try to do it at the videos page, not the home page

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Some friends here had that same problem and the change to english and then portuguese helped...

Where did you make the change of idiom? I did it at the publications page because the problem was the absence of any publication

Try to do it at the videos page, not the home page

I did it at the media page.

9 minutes ago, dvds said:

I did it at the media page.

By "media" you mean videos or any publication (bible, videos, books, etc...)?

By the pic you show above it appears you don't have any bible downloaded yet. Normaly the bible should be the first thing to download. Sometimes not downloading it first prevents the ability to download anything on the meetings tab.

Please try shanging the idiom on the bible page first then on the other tabs... I really think this should work

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

By the pic you show above it appears you don't have any bible downloaded yet. Normaly the bible should be the first thing to download. Sometimes not downloading it first prevents the ability to download anything on the meetings tab.

Please try shanging the idiom on the bible page first then on the other tabs... I really think this should work

Only videos in portuguese, I use my jw library more than a year in this smartphone, I think the problem isn't with me, since it happens with others too.

2 minutes ago, dvds said:

Only videos in portuguese, I use my jw library more than a year in this smartphone, I think the problem isn't with me, since it happens with others too.

When I change the language on the Media section, the media shows up as available except in Portuguese,  nothing shows up..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, dvds said:

You're right. I was lookinto into Portuguese from Portugal. When I switch to Portuguese nothing shows up... Must be a global problem with that specific language.... I think you have to wait.... eventually it will be solved

The videos are back. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:08 AM, jayrtom said:

Screenshot_20181006-150848.png

• 5 weeks later...