Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Bjern

2nd Bible Family Feud (please help!)

Recommended Posts

My first Bible Family Feud game was a big success, so I'm preparing a second one. Please help me out by answering these questions...

 

1. Name a son of Jacob.

2. Name a creature from the Bible.

3. Name a food mentioned in the Bible.

4. Name a plague from the Bible.

5. Name a pair of people from the Bible.

6. Name a weapon used in the Bible.

7. Name a miracle from the Bible.

8. Aside from the wicked one, name a bad character from the Bible.

9. Name a character who was imprisoned.

10. Name an occupation found in the Bible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bjern said:

My first Bible Family Feud game was a big success, so I'm preparing a second one. Please help me out by answering these questions...

 

1. Ruben.

2. Lion.

3. Bread.

4. Darkness.

5. Samson and Delilah.

6. Sword.

7. Feeding the multitudes.

8. Ahab.

9. John the Baptist.

10. Tentmaker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Benjamin

2. Leviathan 

3. Mannah

4. Water of the Nile turned to blood

5. Ruth and Naomi

6. Fire from heaven

7. Parting of the Red Sea

8. Judas

9. Joseph (Jacob's son, not Mary's husband)

10.Carpenter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bjern said:

My first Bible Family Feud game was a big success, so I'm preparing a second one. Please help me out by answering these questions...

 

1. Name a son of Jacob.

Benjamin

2. Name a creature from the Bible.

Donkey

3. Name a food mentioned in the Bible.

Figs

4. Name a plague from the Bible. 

Water into blood

5. Name a pair of people from the Bible.

Naomi and Ruth

6. Name a weapon used in the Bible.

Sword

7. Name a miracle from the Bible.

Water into wine

8. Aside from the wicked one, name a bad character from the Bible.

Jezebel

9. Name a character who was imprisoned.

Apostle Paul

10. Name an occupation found in the Bible.

Nipper of figs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boodles said:

Husband's answers

 

1. Joseph

2. Lion

3. Manna

4. Gnats

5. Ananias and Saphira

6. Sling

7. Widow of Zarepheth having enough flour

8. Tobias

9. John the Baptist

10. Shepherd

 

 

Thank you for your answers. I don't recall a character named Tobias however?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, Bjern said:

1. Name a son of Jacob.

Dan

2. Name a creature from the Bible.

Snake

3. Name a food mentioned in the Bible.

Lentil stew

4. Name a plague from the Bible.

Gnats

5. Name a pair of people from the Bible.

Joshua and Caleb

6. Name a weapon used in the Bible.

Sword

7. Name a miracle from the Bible.

Manna

8. Aside from the wicked one, name a bad character from the Bible.

Ananias

9. Name a character who was imprisoned.

Joseph

10. Name an occupation found in the Bible.

Sower

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 4:30 AM, Bjern said:

My first Bible Family Feud game was a big success, so I'm preparing a second one. Please help me out by answering these questions...

 

1. Name a son of Jacob.

2. Name a creature from the Bible.

3. Name a food mentioned in the Bible.

4. Name a plague from the Bible.

5. Name a pair of people from the Bible.

6. Name a weapon used in the Bible.

7. Name a miracle from the Bible.

8. Aside from the wicked one, name a bad character from the Bible.

9. Name a character who was imprisoned.

10. Name an occupation found in the Bible.

Hi

 

Can you explain how do you play this game? I don't know it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

 Hi

 

Can you explain how do you play this game? I don't know it...

~ Just a heads up, the way I do it is a little different from the tv game.

Firstly I survey to get enough answers for a list of questions for the game. I aim for 7 answers for each question, but only 6 need to be guessed.

Now, you divide a group of people into two even teams. When ready to start, each team nominates one player from their respective teams to play against each other for the first question (i.e. "Name a son of Jacob."). The winner's team has the first go at answering the questions after that. I ask the second question (i.e. "Name a creature from the Bible.") to the team who's turn it is, and each member of that team takes a turn to answer the question (they can get help from their team to think of an answer). If they get the question right (e.g "Lion"), they have another go. If they get 6 questions right in a row, they score a point for that round. If they answer a name that is not on the surveyed list (e.g. "Goat"), I keep score. If they get 3 questions wrong on their turn, the other team gets to try to answer, and if that team succeeds in getting a single right answer, they get the point for that round instead, but if they don't get that answer right then the first team gets the point for that round. After each round, I rotate which team's turn it is to have a go.

 

Last time both teams actually tied, and everyone loved playing it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjern said:

~ Just a heads up, the way I do it is a little different from the tv game.

Firstly I survey to get enough answers for a list of questions for the game. I aim for 7 answers for each question, but only 6 need to be guessed.

Now, you divide a group of people into two even teams. When ready to start, each team nominates one player from their respective teams to play against each other for the first question (i.e. "Name a son of Jacob."). The winner's team has the first go at answering the questions after that. I ask the second question (i.e. "Name a creature from the Bible.") to the team who's turn it is, and each member of that team takes a turn to answer the question (they can get help from their team to think of an answer). If they get the question right (e.g "Lion"), they have another go. If they get 6 questions right in a row, they score a point for that round. If they answer a name that is not on the surveyed list (e.g. "Goat"), I keep score. If they get 3 questions wrong on their turn, the other team gets to try to answer, and if that team succeeds in getting a single right answer, they get the point for that round instead, but if they don't get that answer right then the first team gets the point for that round. After each round, I rotate which team's turn it is to have a go.

 

Last time both teams actually tied, and everyone loved playing it. :)

Thanks! Seems interesting and I'd love to try it.

I just didn't understand this bit... How do they play for the first question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Thanks! Seems interesting and I'd love to try it.

I just didn't understand this bit... How do they play for the first question?

No worries. The first question is done like the second, and so forth, but the difference it is it's between only one member representing each team, rather than for a full team. This is done to find out which team gets to start, and I do not give them any points for it. What I did last time was I asked the question (I think it was "Name an apostle."), then waited for both to answer, then when one of them was right and the other was wrong (both were right at the same time for the first try, so they had to give a second answer each), the person who was right won first round for their team. Also, I pick a question that has fewer possible answers for the first question, then I try to aim for a little bit more difficult questions for the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bjern said:

No worries. The first question is done like the second, and so forth, but the difference it is it's between only one member representing each team, rather than for a full team. This is done to find out which team gets to start, and I do not give them any points for it. What I did last time was I asked the question (I think it was "Name an apostle."), then waited for both to answer, then when one of them was right and the other was wrong (both were right at the same time for the first try, so they had to give a second answer each), the person who was right won first round for their team. Also, I pick a question that has fewer possible answers for the first question, then I try to aim for a little bit more difficult questions for the rest.

Understood :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bjern said:

Will you be doing the survey?

Do you mean, answering the questions?

 

1. Name a son of Jacob.

Ephraim 

2. Name a creature from the Bible.

Leviathan

3. Name a food mentioned in the Bible.

Manna

4. Name a plague from the Bible.

Darkness

5. Name a pair of people from the Bible.

Priscilla and Aquila 

6. Name a weapon used in the Bible.

Stone

7. Name a miracle from the Bible.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

8. Aside from the wicked one, name a bad character from the Bible.

Jezebel

9. Name a character who was imprisoned.

John the baptist

10. Name an occupation found in the Bible.

Tent maker

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Ephraim was the grandson of Jacob

1 Point for you :)

 

This is a tricky one but as an adopted son should be counted :wink:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001401#h=4

On his deathbed, Jacob, in effect, adopted his grandsons Ephraim and Manasseh and appointed them to be the equals of his direct sons. (Ge 48:5) Their father Joseph, who received the right as firstborn among Jacob’s sons, received two parts of his father’s inheritance by means of the tribal inheritance of Ephraim and Manasseh. (1Ch 5:1; compare Ge 48:21, 22; De 21:17; Jos 14:4.) In blessing Ephraim and Manasseh, the patriarch Jacob gave the preference to Ephraim and prophetically indicated that he would become the greater.—Ge 48:13-20.

[quote

Edited by jayrtom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 19.2.1 by Robert Angle (changelog)