JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The new Caleb and Sophia Video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm blown away by this video,I have 2 very young children but I have definitely watched it more than them.

What really stands out are the 3 temptations and it's really hit home how Satan and his powers are so interlinked with magic,because being honest there is times when I have watched or read material of a fantasy nature and the way the organisation potrayed his powers,was like something out of a popular fantasy movie...

Maybe it's my generation but sometimes unless we see things it dosnt really hit home.

So much so that iv deleted some games off my phone which alot of brothers might view as harmless but for me it's now so obvious,I really have no excuse.

Now the 2nd temptation really provoked a few questions but it's pointless to speculate and plus the organisation have talked about that recently.

And also the way heaven or the spirit world seem so close to our world almost interwoven,especially the last scene,I thought that was pretty awesome

18 minutes ago, Dane Rí Rua said:

What really stands out are the 3 temptations and it's really hit home how Satan and his powers are so interlinked with magic,because being honest there is times when I have watched or read material of a fantasy nature and the way the organisation potrayed his powers,was like something out of a popular fantasy movie...

Indeed... I thought the same thing 😉

I'm blown away by this video,I have 2 very young children but I have definitely watched it more than them.
Maybe it's my generation but sometimes unless we see things it dosnt really hit home.
So much so that iv deleted some games off my phone which alot of brothers might view as harmless but for me it's now so obvious,I really have no excuse.
Now the 2nd temptation really provoked a few questions but it's pointless to speculate and plus the organisation have talked about that recently.
And also the way heaven or the spirit world seem so close to our world almost interwoven,especially the last scene,I thought that was pretty awesome

I must say that even though I am older, I loved this video. Such clever solutions when they told the story. The way they depicted Satan was very neat. And Jesus’ expressions when he was tested by his own apostate brother.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

When it shifts from Caleb and Sophia's phantasies to the divine realm the video becomes very powerful, moving many, many grown-ups to tears. This is the best depiction of bringing joy to Jehovah's heart in the history of mankind. This video is not just for kids, it's for all of us.

I especially like this video because it tends to validate when I had already thought in relation to where it says in Psalms that was a band of angels around us it reminded me of the tears of angels seen in that video also the scripture that says oppose the devil and he will flee from you he's not one bit afraid of us so I always thought that the Angels were standing around us waiting to see what decisions we made and once they were like the video in harmony with the scriptures that's when they came to our Aid anyway these are my thoughts on it

I loved the warning examples(good and bad) in the beginning. It looks the images are I  chronological order..my son and I were identifying the people..and we just wanted to verify...the picture with the man on his knees in front of the woman idol..is that Solomon?? It looks similar to this picture from Lesson 44 in 

Learn from the Bible...what do you think??

Screenshot_20181015-071104.jpg

14 hours ago, sunshine said:

(And they gave Caleb dimples, s0 cute!)

I loved the dimples too.

Jesus looking up at his father (after Caleb and Sophia passed the test) gave me goosebumps!! That angelic applause too.

Now that also made me think of the utter silence when wrong choices are made. I do not wish to make any of them lower their heads in sadness.

We are indeed public spectacles to the world and to the spirit realm, good or bad.

20 hours ago, Dane Rí Rua said:

It looks like it could be,possibly be king because of the gold around his wrists.

Screenshot_20181015-123709_Video Player.jpg

My first thought was King Manasseh. Somehow that idol seemed familiar. I couldn't identify it, but upon browsing the web I found another story of King Manasseh with a similar idol.

008-king-manasseh.jpg?1436948379

The one on the right is clearly Ashtoreth but I can't figure out who the male deity is supposed to be.

EDIT: After a bit more research, it seems to be Baal. Somehow, my hunch is that this is King Manasseh.

Edited by ChocoBro

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, ChocoBro said:

very powerful, moving many, many grown-ups to tears. This is the best depiction of bringing joy to Jehovah's heart in the history of mankind. This video is not just for kids, it's for all of us.

Since I watched, I have had a fight against temptation in my life.

When I felt I had gotten the upper hand, this video came to mind.

I couldn't stop smiling.