JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regional convention preparation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2009 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’ve waited. Is anyone surprised at our doing our rooming arrangements in October, not January. We have our assembly letters read last night. And our assignment. I feel like I’m living in another reality. Like this is normal. Thoughts?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I’ve been wondering too about the timing of rooming. 

Another thing i dont understand is in the letter it says we might need a group code.

We can start getting rooms on Monday morning but the rooming list won’t be put up till midweek meeting.

So if we find out we need that group code trying to get a room early is nul and void. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

our group overseer just texted all of us the information as we have no mid meeting this week since we have assembly on sunday. maybe you could ask one of the elders the information?

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I’ve waited. Is anyone surprised at our doing our rooming arrangements in October, not January. We have our assembly letters read last night. And our assignment. I feel like I’m living in another reality. Like this is normal. Thoughts?

It does seem strange for it to be so early.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

34 minutes ago, normaclutter said:

our group overseer just texted all of us the information as we have no mid meeting this week since we have assembly on sunday. maybe you could ask one of the elders the information?

It does seem strange for it to be so early.

I know. And it was treated just like it was a normal thing. My mouth went dry, and a shudder went down my spine. Sort of blindsided. Guess I’d best get used of that sort of thing. 

To be honest, I think it is the result of great prayer of the GB. Something we may not be fully aware of. And, that is fine with me! I just want to stay on the ship, no matter! 

Edited by Miss Bea

Brain lag

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

I’ve been wondering too about the timing of rooming. 

Another thing i dont understand is in the letter it says we might need a group code.

We can start getting rooms on Monday morning but the rooming list won’t be put up till midweek meeting.

So if we find out we need that group code trying to get a room early is nul and void. ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

The On-Line registration opens Monday 15th at 8 am.  The letter assigned an On-Line username (like 18ToledaAL...not real).  It tells you your password for you specific convention that your congregation is assigned to attend.  IF your hotel requires a "group code" that will be listed in the On-Line registration page when you get there.

The other references to the Midweek Meeting refer to a "printed" list that will be made available.  The On-Line version usually takes you directly to the individual hotel's booking site.

Does this help or are there any questions?  We all look forward to another great RC in 2019.

I would be happy to know how soon delegates to the ICs will be revealed.  If I am not selected to attend any of those, I think I want to take myself to a New York convention this year... sit in the beautiful Stanley Theatre for a weekend.

I'm in need of an adventure and I ❤️ NY!  😉 

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

I know. And it was treated just like it was a normal thing. My mouth went dry, and a shudder went down my spine. Sort of blindsided. Guess I’d best get used of that sort of thing. 

To be honest, I think it is the result of great prayer of the GB. Something we may not be fully aware of. And, that is fine with me! I just want to stay on the ship, no matter! 

We had an announcement about it a while back, that it would happen in september. Then that was moved until further notice. And now here it is :)  I always look forward to the time away from home. It's my only vacation.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

The announcement about rooming lists was announced the same time we got our convention assignment, perhaps in September sometime. (We're going to Ottawa July 12-14, 2019) But the rooming list wasn't posted until the following meeting. Yes, I thought it was early. So early that I haven't even booked a room yet since I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing. But that's another story (very long).

We were scheduled the same weekend as the International Convention in Toronto, not so very far from Ottawa. Most of the major cities in Canada (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg...) were scheduled for the same weekend. So we figured we were going to be tied in for some of the talks. But they just a while ago the date and location for the Toronto convention were changed! Since the website only said "tentative," I suppose no one assigned there had been given rooming lists yet.

Funny, the site still says "tentative" for the new date for Toronto. So maybe no rooming lists even now?

Also here the announcement came on last night meeting. Now, I'm not that far from our assigned convention center (about 30 minutes), and I can drive each day. But this year, some congregations from other parts of the island are assigned to the same place the week after ours (first time we have two consecutive dates on this center), and the drive time for them is longer to do on three consecutive days. Some congregations rent a bus (though another reason to do that is limited parking at the center-and next year it's going to be more limited), and even that require a great sacrifice for them, leaving as early as 4am from the Kingdom Hall. Hotels and rooming agreements for Conventions in previous years were not a normal thing here on the island, as we had 5-6 different places around the island (mostly stadiums and coliseums), but after the reorganizations, that changed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

The On-Line registration opens Monday 15th at 8 am.  The letter assigned an On-Line username (like 18ToledaAL...not real).  It tells you your password for you specific convention that your congregation is assigned to attend.  IF your hotel requires a "group code" that will be listed in the On-Line registration page when you get there.

The other references to the Midweek Meeting refer to a "printed" list that will be made available.  The On-Line version usually takes you directly to the individual hotel's booking site.

Does this help or are there any questions?  We all look forward to another great RC in 2019.

Thank you Br. John for that explanation. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by Loopy

We got our Hotel Info announced on Wednesday night the brother also gave out the website to book hotel for our International Convention in Miami..and I did go to the website to see if I could at least see what hotels they negotiated but I couldn't even do that...it says check back Monday....  it won't be available until October 15th @ 8 and I'm going to be up at 7:30 am on Monday because I know the rooms are going to go fast!!!

Screenshot_20181012-194027.png

Edited by Shannie

17 hours ago, Sheep said:

The announcement about rooming lists was announced the same time we got our convention assignment, perhaps in September sometime. (We're going to Ottawa July 12-14, 2019) But the rooming list wasn't posted until the following meeting. Yes, I thought it was early. So early that I haven't even booked a room yet since I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing. But that's another story (very long).

We were scheduled the same weekend as the International Convention in Toronto, not so very far from Ottawa. Most of the major cities in Canada (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg...) were scheduled for the same weekend. So we figured we were going to be tied in for some of the talks. But they just a while ago the date and location for the Toronto convention were changed! Since the website only said "tentative," I suppose no one assigned there had been given rooming lists yet.

Funny, the site still says "tentative" for the new date for Toronto. So maybe no rooming lists even now?

I have the feeling that they didn't update the website because jw.org shows this now

Convention

English

Toronto International Convention

Friday, July 19, 2019 – Sunday, July 21, 2019

Exhibition Place

100 Princes' Blvd Toronto ON M6K 3C3

23 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

we also had it surprisingly early this year.......13th August we could already book the hotel rooms for next year convention....

usually we get the Online Hotel List late in the year......

20 hours ago, Sheep said:

We did get the rooming list for Toronto last week (right after they read a letter asking those who had already booked rooms ahead of the list coming out to cancel them).

We're in driving distance, so I haven't even looked at the list.

5 hours ago, Samira said:

I have the feeling that they didn't update the website

They didn't update the website (jw2019.org)? They updated the date, but didn't remove the "tentative." Not sure why.

You're right about jw.org though. It shows the right date, with no "tentative." :confused:

Edited by Sheep

Added link

Okay.  Total insanity trying to get a room.  CONFUSED16.GIF.fb95448d2f6b40adc1d29952d3d6c8f5.GIF

First, I tried phoning places--fifty, sixty times.

Next, I gave up trying to ever get through on the phone

and I went to the recommended lodgings' websites.

When I would punch in the dates, all the places on the list would say: 

"There are no rooms available for the dates you have chosen."

So, I call back to one of hotels and FINALLY get a person instead of a busy signal.

I said, "I know you have no rooms available for the JW Convention,

but I would like to be placed on a cancellation list."

The desk clerk says: "We are NOT booked up for your convention. We do have rooms available.

Give me your phone number and I will call you back to complete your reservation."

Whaaaaaa-aaaat???:confused:

Just heard back from the hotel clerk.  I was able to get a convention room and a confirmation number.^_^

1794683521_happyexcited2.gif.cefc914d142075a99843b3e6a227bbbc.gif944091846_HappyExcitedWoohoo.gif.e7f10c9ce1b619ec72b3ab14dd439c59.gif989018465_happywhistling.gif.12f8ec922e1c3ceeb43a68a2318f7295.gif

Not the way I expected things to work out, but hey, it's all good in the end.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

31 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I am only an alley away from our R.C. :

1505858752_HotelbyConventionCenter.jpg.51b8fa7375067e34a0f237a6e42b5e38.jpg

^_^  Stayed here two years ago with my Mom, my Sister/sister

and my Brother/brother. 

Me too! You did get in there. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

(((((((((((((Ross)))))))))))))

Yeah, busy, busy, busy. Finally starting ringing and I think I let it ring 100 times. I was NOT about to give up.

Took too long to get to that point. 

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Edited by Loopy