JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library on CD ROM

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2012 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi family, please how do you go about updating the WT Library on CD ROM after you've installed it on a PC or laptop? Since the last CD version was that of 2016, i would like to update it to have the current issues and articles but all the stuff in there are still up to 2016. How do i go about it?

When you are connected to the internet and the WT Library is open go to 'Help' and choose 'check for updates'. It should then automatically update. It may take a bit of time if it is a big update and depend on your internet speed.

Edited by outwalkin

4 hours ago, outwalkin said:

When you are connected to the internet and the WT Library is open go to 'Help' and choose 'check for updates'. It should then automatically update. It may take a bit of time if it is a big update and depend on your internet speed.

Thank you. However, i cant see the option 'check for updates' under 'Help'.  Please what do i do?

58 minutes ago, Paa Yaw said:

Thank you. However, i cant see the option 'check for updates' under 'Help'.  Please what do i do?

If there's no "Check for updates" under Help that means you have an older version than 2016.

Save yourself toil and download the latest version directly from JW.org:

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/watchtower-library/features/

Update 1710 to the WT Library does indeed have the new publications. The Pure worship book also has the chapter videos that can be played offline within the Library. You can find the video files, if you wish to do so, here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Watchtower\Watchtower Library\E\rs_data\PUBS\RR_E\MEDIA There are 22 mp4 files at 720p.

53 minutes ago, DavidMc said:

Update 1710 to the WT Library does indeed have the new publications. The Pure worship book also has the chapter videos that can be played offline within the Library. You can find the video files, if you wish to do so, here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Watchtower\Watchtower Library\E\rs_data\PUBS\RR_E\MEDIA There are 22 mp4 files at 720p.

Br. David, do you have to select "offline" somehow to get them (the videos) to stop streaming?  Or does the WT Library always select the downloaded video?  I can't seem to get the JW Library app to stop streaming even with the video files loaded on the tablet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried it with and without the internet and the WT Library plays the videos correctly.  So they are being selected from the downloaded files (not streaming).  Why can't I get that to work with downloaded files on my JW Library app?  I need to do more investigating.  thanks Br. David.

Edited by jwhess

2 hours ago, DavidMc said:

How do you access and play them within the WTL program? 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

How do you access and play them within the WTL program? 

Br. Richard, when you open a chapter in the Pure Worship book, there is a "thumbnail" picture on the right margin.  An inch or two below that is a small icon (I can't really see what it is).  If you click on that icon the video plays.

14 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Richard, when you open a chapter in the Pure Worship book, there is a "thumbnail" picture on the right margin.  An inch or two below that is a small icon (I can't really see what it is).  If you click on that icon the video plays.

Hmmm... mine only has the thumbnail and it only opened the picture, no video..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Hmmm... mine only has the thumbnail and it only opened the picture, no video..

Oh, I found it. It's at the end of the first sentence. I didn't see it earlier but I see it now. Thx.