JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW VIDEO—First Romany Pioneer School

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1984 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Enjoy a video about the first Romany Pioneer School. The growth in the Romany field is being felt all over Europe.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201810_11_VIDEO

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

According to the Polish census of 2011, 17049 people in Poland declared themselves as Romani people. The recorded history of the Romani people in Poland dates to the 15th century. Major ethnic subgroups of Romani people in Poland are: the Polska Roma, the Bergitka (Carpathian) Roma, Kalderash and Lovari.

Today, roughly 25,000 call Australia home.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Enjoy a video about the first Romany Pioneer School. The growth in the Romany field is being felt all over Europe.

Thank you, Johan. What is happening in the Romany field is unbelievable. An explosion of students!

4 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Major ethnic subgroups of Romani people in Poland are: the Polska Roma, the Bergitka (Carpathian) Roma, Kalderash and Lovari.

Interesting, there are Kalderash and Lovari in Romania too. Probably they are able to understand the language of their Polish colleagues.

Edited by carlos

It's a very interesting how in real life Jehovah is not making ANY distinctions between national groups - Aboriginal brother was giving my baptismal talk.

What we read about Jehovah in the Bible has real legs in an observable world and his actions.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

In the world there is no much prejudice today, so it is especially beautiful that within God's earthly organization it doesn't matter what skin color you have, what language you speak, or which part of the earth you were born in, for Jehovah wants all people to come to know him ~ He doesn't judge people based on those things. I appreciate that there have been some really good recent Watchtower articles that are relevant to this, as there is no room for prejudice among God's people, and Jehovah wants to help root out any prejudice that may still remain within some, perhaps on a subconscious level. As imperfect humans, some may still have this problem, but Jehovah gives us the information and the assistance needed to overcome such things, and there are so many examples of brothers and sisters who used to have prejudice, but no longer do...I think that is very encouraging, and shows evidence that God's Word really does change lives.