JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for November 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1969 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, Hope said:

Question:  In the Korean brothers' part, does anyone know what song that one brother was singing?  The first one; I recognized the second one but not the first...?

Thank you,  u.

Sr. Hope, the second song they were singing is our current song 149 (A Victory Song) in the new songbook,  I have not located the other one.  These brothers have been imprisoned up to 50 years ago so there were a lot of songbooks since then.  The green one, the pink/purple one, the brown one and so on right up to our newest version.  Many songs were discontinued in those years.  I will keep looking...:wink:

On 11/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, Tortuga said:

"You will be happy to know that the next installment of the video series Was it Designed? entitled The Seahorse’s Tail is available on Video on Demand and jw.org starting this month. Perhaps you can watch it during your next Family Worship evening."

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/docid-502018196_1_VIDEO

Its here...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, TonyWenz said:

Is it just me, have they changed the order of resolution from high to low (720 now at top)?
I am sure I would pick the top one for my phone...

PS. Has anyone worked out if it downloads into the app? (like new books do?)

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

The resolution order has been that way for several weeks now.

The new Was it Designed - The Seahorse's Tail video should be in the What's New section on your HOME page of JW Library  within a week or two.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The resolution order has been that way for several weeks now.
The new Was it Designed - The Seahorse's Tail video should be in the What's New section on your HOME page of JW Library  within a week or two.
It's posted in my JW Library App already.. 1day a1b6083d9b3295d22064e39d2f4cc98f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brother Malenfant's talk, "Keep Conquering the Evil With the Good," has now been released as a stand-alone video. WOWW, I love the way that brother speaks! He is very meticulous in his manner of speaking, always emphasizing just the right words and exactly the right phrases. He is very effective as a public speaker. Having personally had a background in public speaking (in radio broadcasting), I appreciate things like that. I don't know how old he is, but even his age hasn't affected his enthusiasm in his speaking ability. He has even improved over time. His voice has been heard many other times over the years:

Audio Drama: Families—Make Daily Bible Reading Your Way of Life! (narrator)

Documentary: Jehovah's Witnesses—Organized to Share the Good News (narrator)

Video Drama: 'Not One Word Has Failed' (Joshua's voice; not sure if it's his face)

...and there are many more.

Is it just me, have they changed the order of resolution from high to low (720 now at top)?
I am sure I would pick the top one for my phone...

PS. Has anyone worked out if it downloads into the app? (like new books do?) 3b9dda036776035af96bd7c2e11972b8.jpg&key=57d5b45271ce66366149a07719023b2853a1e646c82b2307138689de3cce8b15

Older {waiting for wiser}

This is what I was used to seeing... 0d7270828916c7af7b1331939de62470.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser}

On 11/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, Tortuga said:

I like hearing a sister narrate it. Are many videos narrated by sisters?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Good news for our South Korean brothers in prison

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

BREAKING NEWS | Korea Decides on Early Release of Conscientious Objectors in Prison

The Ministry of Justice has stated that on Friday, November 30, 2018, all conscientious objectors who have served at least one third of their 18-month prison sentence will be released on parole. Therefore, 57 of the 64 brothers currently imprisoned should be released.

We expect the remaining seven brothers to be released once they have served six months of their sentence.

The early release of our brothers follows the landmark Supreme Court decision on November 1, 2018, which recognized that conscientious objection is “justifiable grounds” for refraining from military enlistment.

Edited by WilliamChew

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)