JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Historic Supreme Court Decision in South Korea

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1993 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

HUGE news! I have to sprinkle in a little sarcasm, but it’s serious: this “cult” people loves to call us, criticize us, and do us harm, but at the same time, they fully enjoy the rights we fought for and established through over 300 court cases world wide. 

Its a point of reflection, though we don’t seek the recognition. 

It's in the breaking news section of jw.org. There is at least one other topic about this in another forum here.

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/37888-south-korea-supreme-court-allows-conscientious-objection-to-military-service-in-landmark ruling/

I didn't see it when I checked...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

One link

In Landmark Ruling, South Korea’s Top Court Acquits Conscientious Objector

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/world/asia/south-korea-conscientious-objectors.html

Not on jw.org yet in US Branch

It's kinda cool to see the international coverage of this ruling...

South Korea’s Supreme Court on Thursday acquitted a man who refused to serve in the military because of his religious beliefs, a ruling expected to affect the fate of more than 900 conscientious objectors who refused mandatory service in the country’s armed forces.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/world/asia/south-korea-conscientious-objectors.html

Not wanting to detract from the result, but I like how Satan's system actually condemns him and his henchmen.
Legal recognition of 'Freedom of Religion', is finding its place in many political areanas.
Yet Satan wants freedom, as long as no one wants to serve Jehovah. He wants to stop and ban that! (He contradicts himself)
So this is a win for us, as it should be.
Russia started down this track, then back flipped.
Yet looking at world opinion on how the massacres in Pittsburgh was condemned by many (of Satan's domain), yet Russia continues to effectively do the same.
While many condemn Russia, and she should receive the same harsh condemnation, she continues displaying the hatred inherited from her father.
Another example, applicable mainly to Australia is the political windstorm over what is called 'The Stolen Generation.'
A whole generation of young indigenous children were taken from their parents (in the 1950's), and relocated in 'white' families.
This is now openly and widely condemned. While we want to remain neutral, not siding with either party in these political issues, the judicial ruling applied here would also apply to Russia, who is removing witness children from their parents.

This win confirms that Satan is divided!

A house divided against itself cannot stand. "I see Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven."

d2c51711086e6266a1a0febdfe98a2a2.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser}

I’m so happy for the brothers and their parents!  One thing that struck me though is that BBC didn’t mention us once in their reporting. At least what I heard on NPR today. They only mentioned how it affected celebrities and sports players. 🙄. It would be nice to hear Jehovah’s name mentioned more while they report about it. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Since reading this last night, I have been thanking Jehovah and praying for these Brothers and their families that they can reunite quickly and these Brothers can return to their ministry and start serving in their congregations as soon as possible.

Praise Jehovah!!! How our God is a God of Salvation!!! Praise Jehovah!!!