JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Venezuela-Love and faith in difficult times

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1963 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=201811&langwritten=e

The link isn't on JWB yet but it should be there soon..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

(Nehemiah 8:10)

"The Joy of Jehovah"

1. 1.Signs of the times are pointing to the Kingdom.

Good news we tell for all to hear.

Lift up your heads, and look to your salvation;

Time for deliverance is near!

(CHORUS)

The joy of Jehovah is our stronghold.

Sing loud, and raise a joyful cry.

Rejoice in the hope, and show a grateful heart,

All give praise and laud our God on high.

His greatness all must come to know.

With constant devotion to our God and King,

Godly joy in service we will show.

2. 2.Look to our God, you lovers of Jehovah.

No need to fear, for he is strong.

Stand up and shout with voices loud as thunder;

Sing to our God a joyful song!

(CHORUS)

Sing loud, and raise a joyful cry.

Rejoice in the hope, and show a grateful heart,

All give praise and laud our God on high.

His greatness all must come to know.

With constant devotion to our God and King,

Godly joy in service we will show.

I will never be able to sing that song again without thinking of our FAITHFUL, JOYFUL family in far off Venezuela. :unsure:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks for sharing.  We look forward to the further report to be Broadcast on the 12th!

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The numbers are shocking but the report was very encouraging.   I know Jehovah will support the brothers and sisters especially those traumatized by rape or attacks and that have lost loved ones.  

Screenshot2018110310.jpg

ISAIAH 41:13 "

For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand,

The One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I will help you"

Edited by sunshine

I have often wondered why so many choose to stay in areas like Russia and Venezuela? Is it because they can’t leave, they’re staying for the preaching work or they don’t have the means to leave?.... I know eventually the entire world will face such things, I just often wonder why some people stay in what I would term a disaster area. :( I pray for all dear ones in such locations....

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I have often wondered why so many choose to stay in areas like Russia and Venezuela? Is it because they can’t leave, they’re staying for the preaching work or they don’t have the means to leave?.... I know eventually the entire world will face such things, I just often wonder why some people stay in what I would term a disaster area.  I pray for all dear ones in such locations....

Can you recount how many in your own congregation, or even service group, with the means necessary to leave the country at a moment’s notice when things go bad? Some could probably go, but I guess quite a lot would not be able to leave.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I am at a loss for words, after viewing the video, and that is unusual for me.  My heart hurts so much for our Venezuelan family.  But think of the new ones coming in, that Bro. Morris mentioned, what a sweet blessing for the ones who remain in the country keeping focused on the kingdom.  

Ps 126:5-6

5 Those sowing seed with tears Will reap with a joyful shout.

6 The one who does go out, though weeping,

Carrying his bag of seed,

Will surely return with a joyful shout,

Carrying in his sheaves

2 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I have often wondered why so many choose to stay in areas like Russia and Venezuela? Is it because they can’t leave, they’re staying for the preaching work or they don’t have the means to leave?.... I know eventually the entire world will face such things, I just often wonder why some people stay in what I would term a disaster area. :( I pray for all dear ones in such locations....

Natasha sweetie, it's just not possible for many.  Many of our brothers and sisters are excruciatingly poor, they wouldn't have money for a bus ride let alone a plane ticket for themselves and their whole family.  That's not to mention the difficulty of getting a passport and a visa and permanent residence in a country where you have no fleshy relatives.  They simply cannot start walking to a border only to be turned back because they have no papers ... they would probably be killed before they got halfway ...or And how many of our friends are living in religiously divided households, have dependent or elderly relatives or are themselves too old or sick to migrate to another country. It's simply not a viable option  for many.  If there is war or famine people flee with nothing to refugee camps thag are there because the governments of the neighbouring countries negotiate them but harsh living conditions or poverty must simply be endured by the vast majority of the brotherhood.  

Of course some more wealthy could leave and CHOOSE to stay to support the brothers and keep the preaching work  going.... we cannot judge them either way.  Jehovah supports both cases if they have made their decision prayerfully...

Edited by sunshine

Oh trust me i do understand! If it was me I couldnt leave the city I’m in,  much less this country 😔 i Just didn’t know if all them couldn’t leave due to poor circumstances or if some chose to stay to help others... I guess i just hope deep down that soon all of Jehovah’s people can get some relief from Satan’s missiles...I know I couldn’t leave my spiritual family, it just makes me wonder what their inner choices are for staying I guess.... 😣

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sr. Rosanne, the printed version seems to have updated the statistics and data.  More moved, etc.  The info about Brazil assisting is new and the RCs held up to September.  It is very encouraging to see Jehovah's blessings.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:46 AM, cricket246 said:

Plus... if you've been following the news at all, you may know that the United States is not very welcoming to people coming from Venezuela.  In fact, that country is being used as a "boogeyman threat" - what the US will turn into - if certain people are elected.  😕 

A lot of people aren't keen on refugees these days, even if they COULD afford to make their way somewhere else... 😢  

I have been following closely...thats what has me so worried about such dear ones :( I do understand the situation is extremely dire and near impossible for some to leave the country, I guess I was just trying to gather why those who may have the option to leave stay behind. I admire the courage of such ones! And yes the U.S. the majority are nonreceptive towardthose they perceive as being different or who they term outsiders.... I know that firsthand... Though I am caucasian alot of people mistake me for being Hispanic or Indian/muslim... I love all and so this iritates me to no end how people act so racist these days :( I apologize if my earlier post may have come across a bit cold, I was reffering to those who may have the means/abolity to leave (if any actually do) why they decided to stay, whats their motivation... It all started when I was watching the disaster here in Florida and how some refused to vacate... i guess im trying to understand peoples thinking and motives. ❤️

On 11/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Hope said:

Plus... if you've been following the news at all, you may know that the United States is not very welcoming to people coming from Venezuela.  In fact, that country is being used as a "boogeyman threat" - what the US will turn into - if certain people are elected.  😕 

A lot of people aren't keen on refugees these days, even if they COULD afford to make their way somewhere else... 😢  

Ah yes sister.  United States is not very welcoming to many different ethnic groups.    Although my daughter-in-law was legal here in the states, she and my son chose to go back to her home country.  The anger and hate towards her/them was very real. Although her home country is considered dangerous, and very poor, she feels safer there than here in the states.  (Clearly the anger and hate comes from Satan). But the congregation they are in now needed elders very much so they welcomed them freely.  They have many studies, many who are coming to the meetings regularly.  May Jehovah's kingdom come very soon. 

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

I think this is the link...

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/04/jwb_E_201811_09_r240P.mp4

Have prayer and tissues ready.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

The Joy of Jehovah truly is our stronghold.917756583_Yesserious.gif.5f843ed7d98e1f979d7e5a3f799115d6.gif

There is so precious little to be joyful about in 

these critical times hard to deal with.1649329370_Yessad.gif.39fce0983496429fd1ce95433eb09eac.gif

I will be increasing my prayers for our Venezuelan family.yes.gif.dc7840712dfc459853bdcf655bc2b8fb.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif