JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Question for those studying on iPad Pro 10.5”

Side-by-side apps on iPad Pro 9.7”:

Notice that with JW Library taking up 70% of the screen the Study pane is still visible. But with JW Library taking 50% of the screen the Study pane has to be selected. (Like on a phone in portrait mode.)

Is it the same on the on the larger 10.5” 2017 model, or does JW Library also show the Study pane when taking 50% of the screen?

5A142000-7628-45B6-8D37-775C73700ED7.jpeg.3d10089cf97c19fee6e6682808c81613.jpeg

C1813FEC-9897-4405-BEF8-D051722D387D.jpeg.78a1b233fdcae0505f4908a41d3f8772.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Could someone please remind me where to find the new 1 minute videos, particularly the Why Study the Bible one?   :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Jw library

media

our meetings and ministry 

tools for the ministry

Thank you so much..😊

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I get the same view on my 10.5” iPad Pro — study pane is not visible in 50% view. 

50-percent-view.thumb.jpg.3f2598ad145fcd596e6f82b3573c946d.jpg

Here’s the quarter-view:

25-percent-view.thumb.jpg.bbd68ec477c6c30bf783d7055246814e.jpg

Nice that the 12.9” has the study pane view without having to click. I wonder if the new 11” model just announced last Tuesday and to be released on the 7th, will be the same? Reducing those bezels should make a huge difference.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

58 minutes ago, digital_dreamer said:

I get the same view on my 10.5” iPad Pro — study pane is not visible in 50% view. 

Nice that the 12.9” has the study pane view without having to click. I wonder if the new 11” model just announced last Tuesday and to be released on the 7th, will be the same? Reducing those bezels should make a huge difference.

They 11” models also have a slightly different aspect ration. From 4 / 3 (10 / 7.5) to 10 / 7. The slight extra width might make the difference.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Is anyone able to show what multitasking with JW Library looks like on their shiny new 11” iPad Pro?

7 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Is anyone able to show what multitasking with JW Library looks like on their shiny new 11” iPad Pro?

The 12.9” Pro is still the only model the will show ‘full-sized’ apps side by side.

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/visual-design/adaptivity-and-layout/

1F40CE9D-C52C-498D-ABE6-D3E7335B261F.thumb.jpeg.c174c114a14aba286291e5f798b7cdec.jpeg