JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brothers and Sisters in Healthcare: your thoughts on The HLC and the recent developments.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:18 AM, Yentle said:

We have a wonderful Arrangement here and a Cooperative one so what are the new developments I've been retired with a stroke for a while now so I'm not as in the loop as I used to be

It is possible that the arrangement withJW healthcare providers is very late coming to my area.  The impression we received at the meeting we were invited too was that this was first trialed very recently in Texas , USA and so far myself and a few other JW healthcare professionals have found no evidence of anyone else in our part of North America having any similar meeting. So I can only assume that this is a fairly new development. I also assume that other JW healthcare professionals will gradually find this thread and share their experiences. 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, Old said:

In what manner are they being introduced?

This sounds more like where we were in 1990. A local HLC brother was telling about meetings set up in hospitals where the various procedures for bloodless medicine and our stand on blood in general were the sole topic of that meeting. I was quite impressed by one thing he told me, when addressing the selected staff do not beg, we are the authority on this topic and we speak with that authority. This was in the early 90s in the Los Angeles area.

It would seem that the approach of speaking with authority may have been a bit off putting and fostered prideful resistance. From the Doctors Ive spoken with. They are on board with  using NBMM but lack certain resources. It also appears that the HLC now understands that the path to communicating effectively with medical professionals is through Medical professionals. In short : We speak their language. Know their Jargon and is he obstacles they face. We don’t claim to be the Authority, but we can now refer them to those who are through the HLC .Other Medical professionals .

Examine the product Oxycyte. It is already approved in some 50 countries ( not yet in the USA). But it is in trials here.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 11:39 PM, BenJepthah said:

There are new developments in how The HLC and PVG are being introduced to medical , surgical, and even hospital Chaplain  groups through the efforts of Healthcare providers who are Jehovah’s Witnesses. If you are one of the fraternity of JW healthcare service providers please share your experiences in this endeavor. 

It has been more than a month since the HLC workshop which I attended. I held back initially in details of that meeting hoping to hear independent confirmation either on JW. Org or one of the forums about those details. Sorry to be cryptic about this friends but it is I feel necessary. I will now ask a direct question just for Doctors and Nurses who are in the Truth? 

Have you received a call from the HLC recently with direction that you did not expect? 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:57 PM, BenJepthah said:

My part is simple. I already know these people and they have worked with me for years. I simply introduce the fact that I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, ask if they think their service would benefit to access to an up to date database of the most recent scientific journals / studies on the topic of non blood Medical Management and have access when needed to Medical staff who have agreed to be consultants , Drs . Who have had success with patients using techniques for NBMM ? I tell them about the HLC and offer them the contact information for the HLC in their area. I tell them that the goal of the HLC is to improve outcomes for patients using NBMM. And that a Member of the HLC would love to present what they have to offer to their service. 

An update: The Chief of Medical Resident which I spoke with saw me pass by his office last week and “ ran” literally out in the hall to thank me. He had just had a meeting with the HLC and has scheduled them to present in grand rounds tomorrow the 12th of December. He was very glad that I made introduction. It is expected to be a packed room. 

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

An update , this afternoon I sat in on the presentation from the HLC to five Medicine teams. They were very well received. Further presentations have been scheduled with the various services. A very good start.

Hi David, 

Can you share with us an outline of the presentation if you took notes or some thoughts that you appreciated from the presentation?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Apart from

mere reiterating our scripturally supported stance against the use of blood ( Red cells, white cells, platelets, and plasma ) the HLC conveyed clearly that we are PRO medicine and healthcare. That we do accept ( individually based on conscience) many ( really ALL ) blood fractions ( Heme, Hemoglobin, Albumin, Imunoglobulins, clotting factors, fibrinogen.. just about everything found in blood that isn’t indentifiable as the four main components. That we accept many of the technologies available for blood conservation such as cell saver technologies and dialysis. 

The HLC further offered access to a Library of Reputable published  medical studies that is being updated continuously which give many techniques successfully being used in non blood medical management . The HLC provided four directories to help in identifying specific case dependent studies of interest Non-blood medical management (NBMM) and access via QR code to that library. They also provide a contact person in the HLC ( available 24-7-365) as a means of contacting other clinicians who are using these techniques successfully. Each Doctor was provided a personal copy of the four previously mentioned guidebooks to the Library and a contact card for the HLC along with the Q R code. They followed with a question and answer segment. This was all accompanied with a power point presentation.